The Mourinho Thread

You can try being disingenuous now but there was only one post referring to Baker and Brown on that page and it was mine. So even though you didn't quote me, your passive aggressive remarks certainly were directed towards me.

and that just goes on to prove how silly I thought your post was. Dint want to pick up a fight but simply could not let anyone badmouth jose after he had done the needful.

And now that the city match is over and we are hands on favourites to win COC, I am so glad that jose dint go overboard with the youth thing and throw this trophy away.

Madmax, you have been destroyed in discussion by didierforever. Please just leave it before it gets more embarrassing for you.

Posting advice from a guy who regularly gets pulled for racist and abusive behaviour? It's embarrassing you even tried.

If you actually think we had a team capable of winning the champions league playing expansive football you're the one who is deluded. We didn't even have a striker let alone a proper midfield! We got there because we were able to absorb pressure... Where do you guys get this stuff from?

And how do you place a bet that a style of play is going to cost us? Is that a new wager on Bet365 I don't know about? LOL

Defending a 1-0 lead and expansive football are the only two tactics around then I see? Oh.. Wait wait, thats not right. Christ, defensive about a jab to your post? I think everyone can agree trying to shut up shop cost us games last season and has continued the trend this season, simply put, it will cost us again and again, already happened in 2 big games this season I might add, despite decisions and such it doesn't come into it.

Tried to shut up shop, failed. No need to go via an expansive open all guns blazing approach but we do need to keep the pressure alive for more than 2 minutes after a goal.

Locate the caps lock button, use it and try not to be so defensive when someone takes a jab at your opinion with their own :-)

Is funny you say that when United had more shots and created chances in the first half than in the second half after the Mikel change.

Not sure what your point is, however to reply, Utd edged it in the first half poss the better side, we surrendered a comfortable position by controlling the game in terms of possession & territory, don't take my word for it - listen to Mr Neville or read the stats before & after the Mikel sub.

Talking about Mr Neville, I totally agree with his comment that to climb the next step we need go on to punish teams whilst we are in the ascendency, José has built a great squad again & he has the tools at his disposal so let them off the leash!

Defending a 1-0 lead and expansive football are the only two tactics around then I see? Oh.. Wait wait, thats not right. Christ, defensive about a jab to your post? I think everyone can agree trying to shut up shop cost us games last season and has continued the trend this season, simply put, it will cost us again and again, already happened in 2 big games this season I might add, despite decisions and such it doesn't come into it.

Tried to shut up shop, failed. No need to go via an expansive open all guns blazing approach but we do need to keep the pressure alive for more than 2 minutes after a goal.

Locate the caps lock button, use it and try not to be so defensive when someone takes a jab at your opinion with their own :-)

This is becoming the most ridiculous conversation... Trying to shut up shop cost us games last year? Question, how many games did we win using this tactic?

Nothing is foolproof my friend, you say it doesn't work all the time but guess what NOTHING WORKS ALL THE TIME(Cap lock engaged)

Jose knows what he's doing he's won a ton and will continue to do so, let him do his job if after this season we are without silverware then you can bitch and moan.

This is becoming the most ridiculous conversation... Trying to shut up shop cost us games last year? Question, how many games did we win using this tactic?

Nothing is foolproof my friend, you say it doesn't work all the time but guess what NOTHING WORKS ALL THE TIME(Cap lock engaged)

Jose knows what he's doing he's won a ton and will continue to do so, let him do his job if after this season we are without silverware then you can bitch and moan.

Its a matter of opinion. I'd prefer to keep the pressure to score another looking at the positions of positive play that we're in at the time.

And I wasn't saying it works all the time either, you know that, disengage that thing :) Last season we had to shut up shop to a degree, like you say, our team was hamstrung by the personnel, an opinion I share.

This season I did not expect to employ those tactics, its cost us so far and I'd rather see us make a positive change to it before the CL later stages.

It is not necessarily just a change of personnel that is leading to late goals, but also a shift in mentality from the players on the pitch. As pointed out by The Daily Telegraph columnist Gary Neville, against City, Chelsea went from 55 per cent possession in the 10 minutes before their goal to 26 per cent in the 10 minutes after.

It was a similar, if not so dramatic, story against United when Chelsea went from 64 per cent possession to 45 per cent either side of their goal.

Those statistics would suggest, instructed to do so or otherwise, the Blues are sitting back. Mourinho, however, insisted his team did go for the kill against United at Old Trafford saying: “We did. We did. We did. We did. We did. But, in the last part of the game, the wind was very strong. It was too windy. We couldn’t do better.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11202501/Jose-Mourinho-on-alert-for-QPR-late-show-with-Chelsea-in-bad-habit-of-conceding-goals-in-closing-stages.html

Asked about his side leaking late goals this term, a less than concerned Mourinho said: "We conceded a goal against Man City, against Crystal Palace, against Shrewsbury. Nothing else. "United? Ah, that was not a goal. Not a goal."

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-mourinho-sees-room-improvement-223743943--sow.html

Hmm blaming the wind for us not being able to kill off United is a pretty lame excuse. How about against 10-man City? And it's inevitably going to cost us in the CL if Jose really thinks it's not a problem.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11202501/Jose-Mourinho-on-alert-for-QPR-late-show-with-Chelsea-in-bad-habit-of-conceding-goals-in-closing-stages.html

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-mourinho-sees-room-improvement-223743943--sow.html

Hmm blaming the wind for us not being able to kill off United is a pretty lame excuse. How about against 10-man City? And it's inevitably going to cost us in the CL if Jose really thinks it's not a problem.

I do not want to react negatively or overreact but blaming the wind?! :lol: Where on earth did that excuse come from? Hoping he was just trolling around when he said that.

I do not want to react negatively or overreact but blaming the wind?! :lol: Where on earth did that excuse come from? Hoping he was just trolling around when he said that.

Yeah I think (hope) he's trolling or the wind is some kind of metaphor for Phil Dowd because that excuse is atrocious otherwise.