The Mourinho Thread

Gary Neville made a big interview with Jose Mourinho, im gonna post some snippets but i advice everyone to read it :). Seems to me José is really excited with the squad he has at his disposal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/managers/jose-mourinho/11170519/Jose-Mourinho-talks-to-Gary-Neville-They-wanted-us-to-be-the-clowns-at-Anfield-we-werent-having-that.html

“Five points is nothing,” he says. “But I think Man City have everything. I think they have lots of talent and they have lots of physicality. They have more options than everyone else. When you speak about the replica – the second right back - they have replicas for every position. They can cope with injuries, they can cope with suspensions, and the team is basically very stable.

“From Mancini’s time, three years with the same team, players in the best moment of their careers, they don’t have the young players in the development phase, they don’t have players who next season can be better than this season. They don’t have yet – Frank [Lampard] is the only one of that age – the players who next year are going to be one, heavy year older. They are all on the 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 level.

“You tell me. If we keep this team, and they keep that team: in five years time, who is going to be better?

“I say immediately – us, because in five years I’m going to have Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Azpilicueta, Zouma, in the best moment of their careers, and the fantastic players I have now, at 28, 29. A fantastic team with lots of solutions.”

A common belief is that Mourinho can’t abide players – wingers especially – not tracking back. It is more complicated than that, he maintains: “I had some guys in my career – they didn’t want to [defend]. You try to build something behind them to protect. His [Hazard’s] problem is not that. He wants. The only problem is to be focused during the 90 minutes and understand when he has to, and when he doesn’t have to.

“I prefer my team to press in a low block, but if the opponent prefers to build from the back, and they are fantastic, it gives them huge stability in their game – I’m going to press there. Liverpool wanted to play with Suarez behind the defenders, Sterling the same thing, and Steven Gerrard in front of the defenders. So I go there, I play Lampard on Stevie G, I play my block completely low. I win. And I’m criticised because I [am not allowed to] play that way. So I am the stupid one. I’m not fundamentalist. And I think some people in football are becoming a bit fundamentalist.”

Gary Neville made a big interview with Jose Mourinho, im gonna post some snippets but i advice everyone to read it :). Seems to me José is really excited with the squad he has at his disposal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/managers/jose-mourinho/11170519/Jose-Mourinho-talks-to-Gary-Neville-They-wanted-us-to-be-the-clowns-at-Anfield-we-werent-having-that.html

“Five points is nothing,” he says. “But I think Man City have everything. I think they have lots of talent and they have lots of physicality. They have more options than everyone else. When you speak about the replica – the second right back - they have replicas for every position. They can cope with injuries, they can cope with suspensions, and the team is basically very stable.

“From Mancini’s time, three years with the same team, players in the best moment of their careers, they don’t have the young players in the development phase, they don’t have players who next season can be better than this season. They don’t have yet – Frank [Lampard] is the only one of that age – the players who next year are going to be one, heavy year older. They are all on the 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 level.

“You tell me. If we keep this team, and they keep that team: in five years time, who is going to be better?

“I say immediately – us, because in five years I’m going to have Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Azpilicueta, Zouma, in the best moment of their careers, and the fantastic players I have now, at 28, 29. A fantastic team with lots of solutions.”

A common belief is that Mourinho can’t abide players – wingers especially – not tracking back. It is more complicated than that, he maintains: “I had some guys in my career – they didn’t want to [defend]. You try to build something behind them to protect. His [Hazard’s] problem is not that. He wants. The only problem is to be focused during the 90 minutes and understand when he has to, and when he doesn’t have to.

“I prefer my team to press in a low block, but if the opponent prefers to build from the back, and they are fantastic, it gives them huge stability in their game – I’m going to press there. Liverpool wanted to play with Suarez behind the defenders, Sterling the same thing, and Steven Gerrard in front of the defenders. So I go there, I play Lampard on Stevie G, I play my block completely low. I win. And I’m criticised because I [am not allowed to] play that way. So I am the stupid one. I’m not fundamentalist. And I think some people in football are becoming a bit fundamentalist.”

Can you please post the article? I am over the quota of free subscriptions for the month.

I love his comment when asked about what Lambert and Keane said :lol: 'I think they are two great examples of polite, well educated people' hahaha!! :lol:

Lambert & Keane are both miserable bastards as it is. Fucking idiots. Especially Keane. Talks about respect after what he did to Haaland. Stupid Cunt!

Brilliant. Arguably one of the best interviews ever. Top work by Gary Neville to get those detailed responses out from Mourinho. Love the bits about Liverpool, Hazard and his thinking to his approach play. Fascinating insights. :clap:

“I gave you my reaction after the match, saying nothing had happened," he told reporters. "The reaction from everyone else was saying nothing had happened.

“Am I surprised he wasn’t punished? I’m not surprised. I’m not surprised."

When asked if he thought he would have been sanctioned for pushing Wenger, Mourinho replied: “Charged? Charged? If it was me, it would have been a stadium ban!’’

Mourinho also expanded on his sarcastic response to being labelled a "disgrace" by Roy Keane, suggesting the Aston Villa and Republic of Ireland assistant's criticism might have been no more than a ploy to help boost sales of his new autobiography.

“I don’t know if he really feels it, or if he wants to sell books and needs my help for that,” he added, dryly. “But, to be fair, I know my nature, I know my intentions.

“From people like him and his boss [Paul Lambert], I think I have a lot to learn about how to behave and I appreciate the comment.’’

Source: Goal.com

SO TRUE