The Mourinho Thread

Look, I blame him for the result because I think he made an assessment mistake by starting Drogba and an even worse one not subbing him off during HT.

He's human, you know, he's going to make mistakes. That wasn't the first one and won't be the last one.

Although I'm pissed at the result, the match (frustration normally makes me pissed), it's the easiest group we could ask for UCL, the other two teams also drew and even if one of them had won, we ARE qualifying FIRST in the group to the round of 16.

It's okay to acknowledge his mistake, but let's not make it bigger than it really is. It's was almost an inoffensive mistake. He probably acted out of emotions with Didier here. We can afford this mistake, it won't cost us in the future and it will even maybe prevent him from making it again - not that I consider him an emotional manager as some do, I don't, but maybe he was going to be tempted to start Drogba against Maribor, for example. I'm sure it's a huge, 'no, thank you' for him now. He thought it would have been symbolic, a good homage for Didier's services for the club. It backfired, life goes on. This wasn't an important match - not given the group we drew.

Yes, I credited this draw on his account, but the man has so much credit with us and as a football manager that what is a 10 bucks debit on someone who has 1 million in credit? Nothing. So let's all just move on. I'm sure he already did.

I don't see any error. Costa feels bad, Remy trains with the team since.. I mean, we sign the guy in the last day... So, how many options you have?

Drogba is a professional player of our team. So, obviously, he needs to be available for any game and do it great. Is his responsibility.

First time, I disappointed with his preferred choice of player since we signed him back. I will back him whatever the result is, if there is no other option, for example Remy and Costa injured, only Drogba available, then we lost 0-1, 0-2, I will not blame him. I fully understand Costa reason, but not with Drogba over Remy one.

I don't see any error. Costa feels bad, Remy trains with the team since.. I mean, we sign the guy in the last day... So, how many options you have?

Drogba is a professional player of our team. So, obviously, he needs to be available for any game and do it great. Is his responsibility.

Remy was MORE than ready.

Mourinho rolled the dice with this one, he could have started Drogba against Bolton. There was literally no logic in starting him against the toughest team in the group and it was partly down to sentimentalty and the occasion itself. I hope Drogba personally apologises to Zouma & Ake who will now miss out on Champions league football.

Remy was MORE than ready.

Mourinho rolled the dice with this one, he could have started Drogba against Bolton. There was literally no logic in starting him against the toughest team in the group and it was partly down to sentimentalty and the occasion itself. I hope Drogba personally apologises to Zouma & Ake who will now miss out on Champions league football.

Why would Drogba go apologizing for Mourinho's decision to play him? It was Jose's decision at the end of the day. What has a center forward starting have to do with two defenders?

If we park the bus on Sunday Jose will show that he will never change and we have to accept that. If he attempts to play like last season however it shows he is willing to adapt away from his instinct. If this was in 13/14 we would have parked it hard against City especially after that CL performance. Lets see now if he does the same or actually attempt to play like he did last season in that 1-0 win.

With our current players we should be scoring at least a goal or have several effort on targets during a big match like this. But knowing Jose I wouldn't be surprised if he saw what Stoke did and gonna attempt to do the same.

If we park the bus on Sunday Jose will show that he will never change and we have to accept that. If he attempts to play like last season however it shows he is willing to adapt away from his instinct. If this was in 13/14 we would have parked it hard against City especially after that CL performance. Lets see now if he does the same or actually attempt to play like he did last season in that 1-0 win.

With our current players we should be scoring at least a goal or have several effort on targets during a big match like this. But knowing Jose I wouldn't be surprised if he saw what Stoke did and gonna attempt to do the same.

Doubt anyone is gonna complain if it means helping us to get the 3 points at City.

Doubt anyone is gonna complain if it means helping us to get the 3 points at City.

That is the problem though, no one will obviously complain if we win even if it means putting 11 men in front of goal line. What me and others are afraid of is him scraping any attempting of trying to get 3 points COMPLETELY like at Arsenal, MU and Atletico last season and settle for that 1 point.

While that isn't too bad on paper it would be a bit let down considering the team we got now to not even dare to TRY and get 3 points.

That is the problem though, no one will obviously complain if we win even if it means putting 11 men in front of goal line. What me and others are afraid of is him scraping any attempting of trying to get 3 points COMPLETELY like at Arsenal, MU and Atletico last season and settle for that 1 point.

While that isn't too bad on paper it would be a bit let down considering the team we got now to not even dare to TRY and get 3 points.

No offence but you must really be turning a blind eye on the approach if you think we put 10 men behind the ball at City, Arsenal and United last season.

No offence but you must really be turning a blind eye on the approach if you think we put 10 men behind the ball at City, Arsenal and United last season.

Atletico not City. Obviously not 10 men behind the ball but it is as close as you can get to full bus parking. NOT A SINGLE CHANCE against MU or Atletico and at Arsenal apart from Lampard hitting the bar it was more of the same.

Atletico not City. Obviously not 10 men behind the ball but it is as close as you can get to full bus parking. NOT A SINGLE CHANCE against MU or Atletico and at Arsenal apart from Lampard hitting the bar it was more of the same.

People really do need to differentiate the concept of actually parking the bus and playing on the counter...

People really do need to differentiate the concept of actually parking the bus and playing on the counter...

Playing on the counter means you have to actually create chances...at those 3 games like I said NOT A SINGLE clear cut chance at all. That says it all really. Counter is like away at City last season, where we actually attempted to go forward.