The Mourinho Thread

Even if those points are true, are United that big that he'll shun us for them considering he's already done the 'prestige' club thing at Real? The gap truly isn't as big as you're making it seem.

As Term said, he's already done it before, and it's already off his to do list IMO. His focus right now is to get us to that Real Madrid, Barcelona, United level. That in itself is much more challenging and intriguing for Mou than the United job IMO.

It all depends on the circumances. If he were to be sacked then I have no doubt he'd be willing to take the United job.

It all depends on the circumances. If he were to be sacked then I have no doubt he'd be willing to take the United job.

Absolutely, but that has nothing to do with the fact that United might be bigger in stature than us... More to do with the fact that it's another top job.

The Mou wants the United job myth is hilarious, he has never actually done anything to suggest he wants it if you read between the lines.

it's actually the opposite

exactly... time after time he confessed his big love for Chelsea and even went as far as saying lately that we're the only side in England he'd train. Of course things can change. He's a professional earning his (tons of) money. If we sack him, he'll analyze the proposals on his desk. He'll always try to balance the challenge and what the team can offer for him to win - he's a winner, he won't settle for a team that won't provide him with tools for that. He's already proved with Porto and to a certain extent with Inter too, that he can work around a team's limitation to win the titles that really matter. Thing is he's a powerhouse name now, he's older, more tired, why would he subject himself to make those efforts again with limited teams if many top teams would have him?

So if we sack him, and a good deal comes from United, I'd see him taking the job... but at the same time it would have to be MUCH better than other clubs for him to move to a rival of a club he's admitted too many times he's emotionally connected with. He's a fan just as we are. He said he's one of us and I believe him. It doesn't mean he wouldn't train any other club in England, but if two identical proposals came along, one in England and another in Germany or Spain, maybe he'd rather go to those countries (although I'm not sure he wouldn't avoid Spain and their biased and venomous media at all costs)

exactly... time after time he confessed his big love for Chelsea and even went as far as saying lately that we're the only side in England he'd train. Of course things can change. He's a professional earning his (tons of) money. If we sack him, he'll analyze the proposals on his desk. He'll always try to balance the challenge and what the team can offer for him to win - he's a winner, he won't settle for a team that won't provide him with tools for that. He's already proved with Porto and to a certain extent with Inter too, that he can work around a team's limitation to win the titles that really matter. Thing is he's a powerhouse name now, he's older, more tired, why would he subject himself to make those efforts again with limited teams if many top teams would have him?

So if we sack him, and a good deal comes from United, I'd see him taking the job... but at the same time it would have to be MUCH better than other clubs for him to move to a rival of a club he's admitted too many times he's emotionally connected with. He's a fan just as we are. He said he's one of us and I believe him. It doesn't mean he wouldn't train any other club in England, but if two identical proposals came along, one in England and another in Germany or Spain, maybe he'd rather go to those countries (although I'm not sure he wouldn't avoid Spain and their biased and venomous media at all costs)

Agree. Though I suppose if two offers on his desk are from Milan and MU, he'd go to our "generally" rival rather than to "enemy" of Inter ;)

Agree. Though I suppose if two offers on his desk are from Milan and MU, he'd go to our "generally" rival rather than to "enemy" of Inter ;)

he wouldn't go to Milan because of that but also because Italian football is declining, they can't offer him a competitive team in Europe and as I said he's above managing those profile of teams at this stage of his career... but even if they could afford everything he'd demand, I also believe he wouldn't go there. He even said he likes Torres and would have preferred him to go to Inter instead of Milan. For the first time in my life I'd be sad for Mourinho and I supporting the same team if it meant he sent Torres to Inter. No, thank you.

If he were to move PSG would be the most likely place IMO

I think he's bored to hell with a one-horse race in France. The league wouldn't challenge him and it could even affect his team's competitiveness when tougher opposition came in UCL. I don't see him moving there at all.

He'd probably work in Germany - where he hasn't and I'm sure he wouldn't pass the chance to compete against Pep again although I think Pep won't last much there (and I can't see Mourinho leaving at least not until the end of next season. Things would have to do unbelievably wrong for him to be sacked in the next two years imo). Other than that I could see him maybe trying the international thing earlier than he predicted. I don't know, he hates Spanish media with reason, Italy is in decline and he's an Interista at heart. It's either staying in England or going to Germany if he doesn't want to go NT yet. He won't leave any time soon though imo.

I meant 5 years from now. When he's already won everything he can possibly when with us. But please don't reply to my posts anymore if you're gonna use that tone.

You and iseah are the clowns of this forum. Keep it up! Always something to laugh!

I think he's bored to hell with a one-horse race in France. The league wouldn't challenge him and it could even affect his team's competitiveness when tougher opposition came in UCL. I don't see him moving there at all.

He'd probably work in Germany - where he hasn't and I'm sure he wouldn't pass the chance to compete against Pep again although I think Pep won't last much there (and I can't see Mourinho leaving at least not until the end of next season. Things would have to do unbelievably wrong for him to be sacked in the next two years imo). Other than that I could see him maybe trying the international thing earlier than he predicted. I don't know, he hates Spanish media with reason, Italy is in decline and he's an Interista at heart. It's either staying in England or going to Germany if he doesn't want to go NT yet. He won't leave any time soon though imo.

True about France. It's boring. Germany maybe, but only if Pep leaves. I love Dortmund, but Mou would never go there. I think this will be his last club job, then he's off to coach England.

True about France. It's boring. Germany maybe, but only if Pep leaves. I love Dortmund, but Mou would never go there. I think this will be his last club job, then he's off to coach England.

Watch, if he does something (wins the Euro's or another trophy) every English fan who hates him will begin to idolize him

and he's still young, he's only 51. look at wenger, i bet even he doesn't know how old he is

Watch, if he does something (wins the Euro's or another trophy) every English fan who hates him will begin to idolize him

and he's still young, he's only 51. look at wenger, i bet even he doesn't know how old he is

If he wins a couple Euros or a WC he's the best ever. No doubt, and it's doable.

English fans are fickle, but they will idolize him. Wegner is cenile lol.

If Mourinho goes to United, someone is gonna have a massive meltdown here...

Is it the guy who's now stating that Mourinho never had any intentions of ever going there but yet called him a traitor when he thought he was going there last summer?