The Mourinho Thread

Hervé Mathoux, the chief editor of Canal Football Club, said about Mourinho: "We're fully comfortable with [the] interview. We're surprised by Mourinho's comments claiming it was off the record. The camera was located 50 cms, maybe 1 meter away from him. It was a tight close up. Discussion was informal, but it was held in the middle of a large group of people inclduing our cameraman. So there is no way Mourinho could ignore he was being filmed." [@JohnSinnott]

The quality and angle of the video does indeed suggest the camera was close up as opposed to being hidden in the corner and so it does seems strange that Mourinho would say he didn't know he was being filmed.

Fully comfortable? It's unlikely he will ever give them another interview after that.

All of it to get a few headlines.

The camera may have been set up correctly but it's clearly not part of the interview. People are moving around, cups are being clattered....if that's truly the environment that they conduct interviews in then they're at best unprofessional.

It's not part of the interview, it's off the record but it is 100% accurate.

Of course it's bad. The people here applauding mourinho for saying that are ridiculous.

Even though it might be true and we the fans say it, the manager will never bash his players like that.

He has never done it in the pass and will never do it.

It was an of the record conversation and the media screw him.

I think people are "cheering" for this cos they see this as a no loss situatuon. Our strikers have been averafe at best this season and this might be the exact thing that woyld give them some extra motivation to perform. Also people are not qorried about it affecting us long term cos none of these 3 are likely ro be here next season.

I think people are "cheering" for this cos they see this as a no loss situatuon. Our strikers have been averafe at best this season and this might be the exact thing that woyld give them some extra motivation to perform. Also people are not qorried about it affecting us long term cos none of these 3 are likely ro be here next season.

Sorry I don't buy that this is to motivate them.

You do that behinds door not in public.

That being stated it was off the record so mourinho had to act the way he did and put it as a light joke....

Sorry I don't buy that this is to motivate them.

You do that behinds door not in public.

That being stated it was off the record so mourinho had to act the way he did and put it as a light joke....

I dint say it was intentional from mou. Obviuosly no manager in the world in hia right mind would say that. It is simply about finding a semblance of poaitive from a very bad situation.

Just hope it doesn't derail our season. Such a stupid and daft thing to say.

First of all, its not mourinhos fault, he finished the interview and someone was filming while he was chatting with a friend.

Now that is out of the way, what positives can we get out of this news?

Maybe the strikers will try to prove him wrong? Or will they have that mentality you have and give up entirely?

They surely can't get any worse than 1 away goal in the whole 2013, so let's hope for the former.

Why would it, our strikers couldnt score before the interview. It can only get better.

Well the worst case scenario would probably be the STs not performing altogether, never mind not scoring the goals, if one wants to really worry about his comments.

Well the worst case scenario would probably be the STs not performing altogether, never mind not scoring the goals, if one wants to really worry about his comments.

Or it could have a positive reaction as well. Maybe they decide to up their game to prove Mourinho he is wrong.

It is really hard to predict what it is going to happen, but it doesnt necessarily mean it will reflect bad on the team.

Eto'o, Torres and Ba are grown men and pretending won't do them any good. I can't see how criticism could make them perform any worse (I hope I am right). Best of all is the reporters don't even realize ChelseaFC have players all they see is Jose and that's good. When they step out there hopefully they are a little more calm and focused because of it.

Yeah, just saw the video via twitter.

Unless the cameraman had the camera hidden inside something I don't think there's any way he didn't know he was being filmed.

He was saying the stuff in a joking way and was laughing, though. He certainly wouldn't have said that in any kind of official media presentation.

I think Jose INTENDED that interview to be reported ....

He knew what he was doing but hes come out looking a bit daft for saying such things about our strikers and I think hes trying to make out he knew nothing about it being 'recorded' which I doubt very very much.

He knew what he was doing but hes come out looking a bit daft for saying such things about our strikers and I think hes trying to make out he knew nothing about it being 'recorded' which I doubt very very much.

its just a game ..he is taking the piss out of the media ,,and taking the pressure away from the game

lol cheeky mourinho

Wesley Sneijder has confessed that Jose Mourinho phoned him two minutes after the Champions League last 16 draw to try and get some inside knowledge on Galatasaray's tactics.

Sneijder, of course, won the Champions League under Mourinho at Inter in 2009/10.

Just two minutes after the draw, the phone rang and it was none other than Jose Mourinho. He asked some crafty questions about team tactics, players, trying to obtain information, but he could not fool me - I have played football for many years and know what is being asked and what to say. We will see how the team plays and if we can beat them.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/update/2014-02-25/sneijder-mourinho-phoned-me-about-galatasarays-tactics-two-minutes-after-draw/