The Mourinho Thread

2004/2005 Arsenal went 5 points clear off Chelsea early on, lost at Old Trafford, drew at home to Southampton and we got top and remained there.

2013/2014 Arsenal go 5 points clear off Chelsea, Arsenal's next two league games? :Goober:

We can only wait and see, i would love so much for us to win, really would. We shall see.

He needs to really let the Lampard thing go, it isn't working.

I can't believe you would say that with a Frank signature :cry:

We can only wait and see, i would love so much for us to win, really would. We shall see.

I can't believe you would say that with a Frank signature :cry:

I don't get lost in what my signature or user name say, what matters is the team. I love Frank as much as anyone but he is not doing it right now and shouldn't be playing.

Not when Mikel is the next best thing....We have to be patient till January

There is no guarantee anything will happen in January. Two players of Rami and Lampard are not working because both like to go forward, anyone who sits and allows one to go will work, even Mikel.

There is no guarantee anything will happen in January. Two players of Rami and Lampard are not working because both like to go forward, anyone who sits and allows one to go will work, even Mikel.

Its still works that way with the Rami- Lamps pivot-- when one pushes forward, the other stands ground defensively.

Since Mikel doesn't fancy going forward, it doesn't mean lamps for Mikel is the better option in our pivot. Moreover when Rami gets caught out in defense and when we push forward, it means one less person in attack.

But form wise, Lamps should be dropped.

Its still works that way with the Rami- Lamps pivot-- when one pushes forward, the other stands ground defensively.

Since Mikel doesn't fancy going forward, it doesn't mean lamps for Mikel is the better option in our pivot. Moreover when Rami gets caught out in defense and when we push forward, it means one less person in attack.

But form wise, Lamps should be dropped.

Yes he should be dropped, that's correct. I'm really failing to see what he offers right now, it isn't a lot.

JT has been rejuvenated since Jose came back, he's been incredibly solid, Lampard has been poor IMO, and Jose selection of him leaves me questioning exactly what Jose is seeing in him.

Yes he should be dropped, that's correct. I'm really failing to see what he offers right now, it isn't a lot.

JT has been rejuvenated since Jose came back, he's been incredibly solid, Lampard has been poor IMO, and Jose selection of him leaves me questioning exactly what Jose is seeing in him.

I think it's more to do with the lack of options than anything else, while we have strengthened in the other area's off the pitch, MVG's injury means we basically have the same thin pivot as last season with the difference being Essien is the emergency 4th choice instead of David Luiz.

Having said that i don't think Lampard has been as bad as made out, he certainly hasn't been great and sooner or later needs replacing, but hopefully we can get by with Ramires-Mikel/Lampard until January.

I think it's more to do with the lack of options than anything else, while we have strengthened in the other area's off the pitch, MVG's injury means we basically have the same thin pivot as last season with the difference being Essien is the emergency 4th choice instead of David Luiz.

Having said that i don't think Lampard has been as bad as made out, he certainly hasn't been great and sooner or later needs replacing, but hopefully we can get by with Ramires-Mikel/Lampard until January.

I think people need to realise the club is evolving, Frank like many has been a truly amazing person for this club but we need more in that position more now than ever before. This isn't just since yesterday's defeat it's since the end of last season.

He will do a job but we need more than that, and for me the sooner we get that person the better, or develop that person the better.

With all the limited option, it wouldn't hurt to try Luiz again in the pivot. After all, he ain't having the best of days in the CB role anyways and i'm sure he's up for it.

I think people need to realise the club is evolving, Frank like many has been a truly amazing person for this club but we need more in that position more now than ever before. This isn't just since yesterday's defeat it's since the end of last season.

He will do a job but we need more than that, and for me the sooner we get that person the better, or develop that person the better.

I agree, but we can't do nothing until January, were i hope we will at the very least find a short term solution because i doubt a Gundogan or Witsel will be available in January.

With all the limited option, it wouldn't hurt to try Luiz again in the pivot. After all, he ain't having the best of days in the CB role anyways and i'm sure he's up for it.

Luiz right now is struggling with the basics, just because he has a barrier of centre backs behind him in the pivot that should mean little.

Luiz needs to get to the basics as quick as fucking possible or find himself down the road at the earliest possibly opportunity, as I feel Jose is losing it with him.

If it came down to that, i would prefer to play Ake again. Luiz in the pivot never sat right with me, he was always disposed if pressed hard enough.

I agree, but we can't do nothing until January, were i hope we will at the very least find a short term solution because i doubt a Gundogan or Witsel will be available in January.

I heard it will be all out on Alonso…..not the racing driver :yay:

There seems to be this thing where people remember only the last match, but Lamps actually strung together a good run of games where he was passing the ball well, defending well and forming a good partnership with Ramires.

There seems to be this thing where people remember only the last match, but Lamps actually strung together a good run of games where he was passing the ball well, defending well and forming a good partnership with Ramires.

No, no, no that is what I said, it's not just the last match he has been limited in what he offers for a while. He's struggling to cope with the pace of other teams and getting lost in a midfield battle.

You will form your opinion, and me mine, right now Frank is poor.