The Mourinho Thread

Well my eyes disagree with your stats. Can you tell me how many times Oscar touched the ball between minute 55 and 80? Because I literally remember one. Unlike Oscar, Mata and Hazard were trying to make things happen; Mata with passes and Eden with attempted dribbles. Both the chances that you are talking about were in the last 10 minutes when he decided to wake up after it was way too late. Of course he had more touches on the ball than Mata who played 35-40 minutes less than him.

Can we stop the fanboyism? The team lost and Oscar was partly to blame as was evident to everyone and he should have been subbed off. No need to take it personally.

Which I added to my post when I answered to your second post.

I'm still not compelled to the scout for the match to prove you otherwise, but we should maybe re-watch it?

My eyes told me Oscar wasn't as bad as you're saying, Mata and Hazard were as bad as him, without having even 10 minutes of actually doing something... It's no fanboyism, but I did say I don't mind taking the label. So if you want to think this is me fangirling, I don't mind. I know it isn't.

Where did I take it personally though if I didn't say a word about you but you called me a fangirl? Having trouble defining personal, Nour? I answered to your post, but I never said a word about you to make it personal, just that I disagreed with you and so did the stats. But this last comment pissed me off, and I'm like Nadal pissed off, so yeah, I'll do an entire scout to prove you wrong. Wait for it in a couple of days. And now I'm making it personal, still without offending you, Mr. Admin.

Or he was moved back into his natural position, the one in which he has been our best player this season.

Please don't call decent members like Barbara fanboys too. This community lives and dies by the contribution members like her make and to suggest her views (which are often well-researched and articulately conveyed) are 'fanboyism' is rude and disrespectful at best, and something much more distasteful at worst.

Not really, because he was moved to his "natural position" 30 minutes before he actually started getting involved. And just for the record, Willian probably spent more time centrally after he came on than Oscar did.

And I fail to see how it is any of your business what I call my friend, Barbabra.

We need a striker who is really firing badly. It is going to be our downfall, man utds hidden gem in Chicarito(sp) , still can't believe we lost 2-0 to NEWCASTLE smashing-laptop-with-bat.gif[

Any top striker would have struggled out there today, the service was shocking

Which I added to my post when I answered to your second post.

I'm still not compelled to the scout for the match to prove you otherwise, but we should maybe re-watch it?

My eyes told me Oscar wasn't as bad as you're saying, Mata and Hazard were as bad as him, without having even 10 minutes of actually doing something... It's no fanboyism, but I did say I don't mind taking the label. So if you want to think this is me fangirling, I don't mind. I know it isn't.

Where did I take it personally though if I didn't say a word about you but you called me a fangirl? Having trouble defining personal, Nour? I answered to your post, but I never said a word about you to make it personal, just that I disagreed with you and so did the stats. But this last comment pissed me off, and I'm like Nadal pissed off, so yeah, I'll do an entire scout to prove you wrong. Wait for it in a couple of days. And now I'm making it personal, still without offending you, Mr. Admin.

You're going way out of your way and getting upset all because I said a player which I have been praising all season and which everybody could see that he had a bad game today, should have been subbed off..well, as long as you're not being too defensive about it...

And I fail to see how it is any of your business what I call my friend, Barbabra.

I don't think it serves the discussion on this site well for people (men or women) to be denigrated as 'fanboys' because you disagree with them.

Maybe she is your friend, or maybe there's something more pernicious going on here but I think it's unnecessary.

I really don't understand why it's a surprise we look average when the other team let us have the ball.

If it was the case with Chelsea first time with world class midfielders and at Real Madrid, why would we look better with inferior deeper midfielders that all previous Mourinho team.

If it happened against Aston Villa, not bothering attacking Manchester United, against Norwich that had more chances to score the winner in the second half, against Basel.

When we put more pressure in attack, we don't look to have a clear plan and leave huge spaces between our central midfield and central defense.

After all the matches this year and previous Mourinho team, I think the best is to accept that Mourinho's team are better when they let the other team have the possession and play quick counters.

What is annoying is that the premier league since 2008-2009 have a majority of teams much better defensively when they don't have the ball, not pressing like headless chickens like a lot of teams used to do.

You're going way out of your way and getting upset all because I said a player which I have been praising all season and which everybody could see that he had a bad game today, should have been subbed off..well, as long as you're not being too defensive about it...

no, I'm going out of my way because you said I made it personal when I didn't, so if you said I made, I better make.

I don't mind you calling me a fangirl, as the post said, but I didn't make it personal, Nour. I just disagreed with you.

I did say in the live match thread and in my twitter account - both which you can check, that Oscar should be subbed off for Willian, Nour. This isn't me defending him blindly. This is me defending him from being as bad as you're making him out to be. I did agree it was his worst match of the season, I did say maybe if Mata had stayed and Oscar had been subbed, Mata could have produced the same Oscar did.

I just disagreed about how bad he was... and then I was upset you said I made this personal, when I don't feel I did - even if I ignored (or didn't mind) you calling me a fangirl because I know you did this in a 'good' way, if such thing exist, meaning we're close enough or me to know you aren't really offending me, just interpreting an action.

Let's hug and forget this (but I'm answering your questions in the previous post - in a PM, unless you want the answer to be in the thread)

TOPTB says some people have an agenda, then bashes Mata for everyone's failures, and at the same time defends Lampard, lolz.

I didn't bash Mata for everyone's failures just looked for a reason why the whole play of the team looked so disjointed.

I said that Lampard had a bad game.

I'm not sure I've used the word agenda today.

So I'm not sure if you want to edit that post or not, but none of it seems that accurate (much like Lampard and Ramires's passing today).

no, I'm going out of my way because you said I made it personal when I didn't, so if you said I made, I better make.

I don't mind you calling me a fangirl, as the post said, but I didn't make it personal, Nour. I just disagreed with you.

I did say in the live match thread and in my twitter account - both which you can check, that Oscar should be subbed off for Willian, Nour. This isn't me defending him blindly. This is me defending him from being as bad as you're making him out to be. I did agree it was his worst match of the season, I did say maybe if Mata had stayed and Oscar had been subbed, Mata could have produced the same Oscar did.

I just disagreed about how bad he was... and then I was upset you said I made this personal, when I don't feel I did - even if I ignored (or didn't mind) you calling me a fangirl because I know you did this in a 'good' way, if such thing exist, meaning we're close enough or me to know you aren't really offending me, just interpreting an action.

Let's hug and forget this (but I'm answering your questions in the previous post - in a PM, unless you want the answer to be in the thread)

I didn't mean that you made it personal as in you insulted me personally, I said you were taking it personally as in you were being too defensive about it.

But now you made it personal by talking about hugs which you know I hate! :P

I apologize for my rudeness, I'm just having a bad day :kiss:

I didn't bash Mata for everyone's failures just looked for a reason why the whole play of the team looked so disjointed.

I said that Lampard had a bad game.

I'm not sure I've used the word agenda today.

So I'm not sure if you want to edit that post or not, but none of it seems that accurate (much like Lampard and Ramires's passing today).

Actually i think it was stingray who said agenda, my bad. But the point is still valid, you have used Mata as an excuse for Lampard not playing well and others like Torres and Oscar also not doing well.

Like i said before the game, Mata deserved to play after doing well against Arsenal, but it's Mourinho's fault for playing Oscar out wide, because in his mind Oscar has the divine right to start and finish every game, regardless of performance.

Mata alone in the team didn't result in this performance. The team selection as a whole did, and players who were preferred like Cole, Lampard and Torres were terrible to put it nicely.

Actually i think it was stingray who said agenda, my bad. But the point is still valid, you have used Mata as an excuse for Lampard not playing well and others like Torres and Oscar also not doing well.

Yes I have.

Like i said before the game, Mata deserved to play after doing well against Arsenal, but it's Mourinho's fault for playing Oscar out wide, because in his mind Oscar has the divine right to start and finish every game, regardless of performance.

Actually Oscar doesn't. He's not started every game, he's also not finished every game.

As for Mata, it's great that he helped us win in the League Cup. Oscar helped us beat Man City in the league....and he's been the best player in our squad this season so he shouldn't have been moved in my opinion.

Mata alone in the team didn't result in this performance. The team selection as a whole did, and players who were preferred like Cole, Lampard and Torres were terrible to put it nicely.

I think other players let themselves down, but in terms of the tempo of the performance I think you get something different when you select Mata over Oscar and I think that has an impact on the players around the number 10 (which is pretty much everyone because it's such an important position in our system.

Oscar knots together the defence, midfield and attack when he plays that role. He drops deep to pick the ball of the defence, he knocks it around the pivot and he pops up behind and alongside the striker. When you change the person doing that job, you change the relationship every player has with one another.

It wasn't the only reason we underperformed today, but I think it was one of the major ones.

But that's just my opinion - I might have an agenda. Or I might have used the word agenda....once. Or someone I know used the word agenda...or maybe the word gender. Who knows?

I think other players let themselves down, but in terms of the tempo of the performance I think you get something different when you select Mata over Oscar and I think that has an impact on the players around the number 10 (which is pretty much everyone because it's such an important position in our system.

Oscar knots together the defence, midfield and attack when he plays that role. He drops deep to pick the ball of the defence, he knocks it around the pivot and he pops up behind and alongside the striker. When you change the person doing that job, you change the relationship every player has with one another.

It wasn't the only reason we underperformed today, but I think it was one of the major ones.

But that's just my opinion - I might have an agenda. Or I might have used the word agenda....once. Or someone I know used the word agenda...or maybe the word gender. Who knows?

You think Mata just decided by himself he won't go back and get the ball from defence? something he did so many times last season.

For a player who has been in and out of the team like he has, he will act strictly on Mourinho's orders.

Mourinho wants him to defend, he does. Mourinho wants him on the right 1 minute and middle the other, he does that. Mourinho wants him to stay further up the pitch when Luiz and Terry are knocking it around, he does that.