The Mourinho Thread

@Barbara, well I obviously need to watch the match again! Very surprised by some of those stats, tbh.

I'll rewatch too, then we talk again. I was too pissed at some points to really pay enough attention all while doing the report for Chelsea Brasil that needed to be published within 10 minutes from the end of the match. So I spent most of the match taking notes and being pissed or frustrated. I need to re-watch it clinically - although I don't feel like that will be a good experience :lol:

I'll rewatch too, then we talk again. I was too pissed at some points to really pay enough attention all while doing the report for Chelsea Brasil that needed to be published within 10 minutes from the end of the match. So I spent most of the match taking notes and being pissed or frustrated. I need to re-watch it clinically - although I don't feel like that will be a good experience :lol:

I'll rewatch it only because I need an excuse to get out of studying tomorrow morning :P

Charts, stats one may put them....it´s very simple, to me. The whole team was not ready to perform today. Who´s fault is it ?

I do not want to accuse anybody, but if I remember well, Jose is still the coach. One thing I may forgive him, it´s not an easy job to choose players from such a gifted bunch. I believe, he must make his squad of 22 players tops & play them, regularly. These fucking A & B teams scenario are going to under-perform sometimes. Footballers are like a fine tuned racing car, needs to be run, used. Most of today´s players were legged, stale or however one wants to call it. In plain English, not tuned finely.

I think that will be the last time we see Oscar and Mata in a Chelsea team away from home together,Jose's fears have been realised they are too similar as players and they offer little when we are defending,after Arsenal it was an obvious decision to pair them but today showed the problems we encounter with both in the team.

I think that will be the last time we see Oscar and Mata in a Chelsea team away from home together,Jose's fears have been realised they are too similar as players and they offer little when we are defending,after Arsenal it was an obvious decision to pair them but today showed the problems we encounter with both in the team.

I think it's more the Mazacar as a trio, two off our best games this season (against Norwich and Steuna) we did well with the Schurrle-Mata-Oscar trio.

^^ unfair with Cech and Terry imo, but I guess he's not being literal

Indicator of what he might be saying behind the scenes. The players are definitely getting hair dryer treatment. Expect changes against Schalke and hopefully players who are fighting for their lives on every ball.

Indicator of what he might be saying behind the scenes. The players are definitely getting hair dryer treatment. Expect changes against Schalke and hopefully players who are fighting for their lives on every ball.

They should get a hair dryer treatment ....

Yeah...except those changes would probably be like the obvious ones in Mata, Luiz etc while those have been performing like crap will keep their place..

"Of course, of course I am worried, and I read in previous years, it happened the same.

"They (Chelsea) were successful in cup competitions, they were not successful in the Premier League. They finished 20 points behind, they finished 15 points behind.

"They qualified for the Champions League because they won the Champions League, but they finished fifth or sixth in the league.

"Last year in December, they were not in the race for the title because they were already 20 points behind. This season, we have played five matches away in the Premier League - I know at difficult places to play difficult matches - but we have one victory and we have two defeats.

"Of course it concerns me."

Really interesting how he uses 'They" instead of "We" to describe the poor performances of past 2 seasons. In his first interview he said " When WE won the UCL...".

Well...

^^ unfair with Cech and Terry imo, but I guess he's not being literal

He obviously isn't..

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3520976/title/final-whistle-verdict-deserved-defeat

Mourinho had spoken ahead of the game of the difficulty he would face in choosing a starting 11 following impressive recent performances from his whole squad. Asked if he was happy with his selection today, the manager responded:

'I made 11 mistakes. I should pick the other 11 and not this one, and it's the feeling I have when my team plays so bad. Of course I'm exaggerating because I had some players in good form but the feeling is that I made 11 wrong choices.

And what Mourinho said here is definitely true..

'This season we have played five matches away in the league - I know difficult places, difficult matches - but we have one victory and we have two defeats. It does concern me.'

Part of the reason for that is arguably down to Mourinho's somewhat negative approach against United and Spurs to begin with but really, if we do not start picking up our away league form soon, we won't come close to challenging for the title.