The Mourinho Thread

No English teams can deal with the likes of Bayern, Barca, Dortmund, etc. at the moment, except us. If an English team is going to win the CL this year, it will be Chelsea.

I think no english teams in general can, including us.......

Bayern and barca/rm are too good... (Unless we park the bus like 2012)..

Especially bayern, their team is stacked!

I think Jose doing a lot better than what I expected....

I did fully expect Mourinho to quit the Hazard-mata-oscar trio and not rely on lukaku as our lone cf.....Also, I expected Luiz to not be a protypical Jose cb...

However, I did not expect him to start Lampard like he's 25 yrs old and to rarely feature both essien and mikel...

Hopefully, in january and in the summer, he will buy the right players and make sure the other players on loan/rotting the bench know their exact future or something close at least...

Really good post.

For me since I was growing up my favorite coach ever was hiddink.

It was a really great pleasure and honour to have that man, but Mourinho is something else.

I think if he can continue with his passion and enthusiasm for the club then in two decades we will be talking of him with great gratitude as people do with saf and United.

I mean is not not like people do now, but if he can sustain glory for decades like saf at our team that will be legendary.

The only manager that I can see rivaling him in this present time is klopp. I know a lot of people will say Guardiola but there's something about him that does not get me excited as when I see Mourinho or klopp on the line.

Now that saf has retired, the biggest coach name in the world will be Mourinho and klopp for me. And we are lucky at least to have one of them. :-)

Thanks, and good post to you I agree.

Like I said, he's fucking class.

Yeah but we got lucky.

And luck is something we have missed with Mourinho sometimes in the past.

Especially when we do penalties, in fact he continues to have bad luck in penalties when he was at Madrid.

Hopefully things changes this time as we need a bit of luck.

We deserved our luck today. We did more than enough to win that game and were unlucky to be drawing after 90 mins. We outplayed City for most of the game and Jose completely won the tactical battle with Pelligrini.