The Mourinho Thread

Funny thing is, we may have to see Sturridge scoring goals for Liverpool and Matic playing well for Benfica knowing we let both go, but United are going to be reminded week in week out that they choose Moyes over Mourinho.

Funny thing is, we may have to see Sturridge scoring goals for Liverpool and Matic playing well for Benfica knowing we let both go, but United are going to be reminded week in week out that they choose Moyes over Mourinho.

did they? If that was the case I'm sure Fergie would have mentioned in the book that he wanted Mourinho to replace him or that Mourinho wanted to be his replacement.

I still don't buy media's BS that Mourinho wanted to go to OT and I don't think ManU tried to bring him either as they probably knew they didn't stand a chance.

did they? If that was the case I'm sure Fergie would have mentioned in the book that he wanted Mourinho to replace him or that Mourinho wanted to be his replacement.

I still don't buy media's BS that Mourinho wanted to go to OT and I don't think ManU tried to bring him either as they probably knew they didn't stand a chance.

I know, but their fans will always believe that, and always be kicking themself's because of it, and it's quite funny seeing them trying to convince themself's Moyes was the man they always wanted :lol:

Really a great coach to bounce after the horror that was against Basel.

Now we are first place and that's great credit to the manager and the team.

If there is one thing I would like Mourinho to do in the coming games is give more chances to KDB.

He gave chance to Azpilicueta and he was good. So I hope he keeps giving chances to players. And if they perform good he keeps picking them.

Azpi performance today would merit more chances in the coming weeks me thinks.

no need to get carried away by this result.....this depleted Schalke team is even weaker than Tottenham, and yet we managed to beat them by playing a counter-attacking football....this won't work against Europe's elite....the likes of Borussia and Atletico Madrid will simply rape us if we play like this against them....we need to master passing to keep possession for long periods of time...

You must be new to Mourinho's game.

Jose plays counter-attack. Against big teams, small teams or amateur teams. It's HIS style, it's the way he knows how to win. And to say that style won't work against big teams is laughable considering the record breaking stats and achievements of Mourinho's teams.

If you don't like counter-attacking football, I have bad news for you because that is Mourinho's style and it will not change. It's unfortunate that people always assume counter-attacking football is ugly and unprofessional because usually that's how small teams manage to get a win vs the big ones. But if you take a closer look, you'll see there's a whole tactical science behind it and Mourinho is its Einstein.

By the time Jose has finished building his Chelsea, the team should be scoring 7 out of 10 goals like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf0tVCs2xFQ&t=0m48s

And in its very BEST form, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS96oJ0aw4c&t=0m37s

Better get used to it mate!

Jose plays counter-attack. Against big teams, small teams or amateur teams. It's HIS style, it's the way he knows how to win. And to say that style won't work against big teams is laughable considering the record breaking stats and achievements of Mourinho's teams.

If you don't like counter-attacking football, I have bad news for you because that is Mourinho's style and it will not change. It's unfortunate that people always assume counter-attacking football is ugly and unprofessional because usually that's how small teams manage to get a win vs the big ones. But if you take a closer look, you'll see there's a whole tactical science behind it and Mourinho is its Einstein.

By the time Jose has finished building his Chelsea, the team should be scoring 7 out of 10 goals like this:

Sorry to spoil your party but I know everything about Mourinho the manager. I have been following him since his Porto days and I am well aware that he is only capable of playing a counter-attacking football, I mean successfully. Yet, I am sure that Roman Abramovich didn't buy so many creative players and hired Jose back for him to build a counter-attacking team. Jose himself told on numerous occasions that he came back to build a team that plays different football than that which he had at Stamford Bridge during his first reign.

Mourinho is certainly not an Einstein of counter-attacking footbal as Jurgen Klopp's Borussia Dortmund have been showing to us for the last 2 years. Counter-attack works best when you are capable of successfully playing both attacking and counter-attacking football as Borussia Dotmund is showing to us. Do I need to remind you what happened to Mourinho's multi-talented Real Madrid side against Dortmund when they played 4 times last year?

My prediction is Mourinho will not last long at Chelsea if he doesn't learn how to play creative attacking football as his current style doesn't stand a chance against the likes of Dortmund, Bayern and even Atletico Madrid.

Yeah that's true.

Which is why I think Mata will not be that great for us.

Mata does not suit the counter system and usually has been very bad as of late.

Oscar is the perfect mold for that counter system that Mourinho likes to implement.

Porto didn't play in counter attack, Porto smashed every team in Portugal and in Europe for 2 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB7qzOKxoDk

I don't think Chelsea or Inter were counter attack teams. Chelsea was one of the best teams in the world for 3 years with Mourinho (and more 2 or 3 years with other managers) being a solid team, and Inter played in counter attack against Barcelona and Bayern. In the Serie A Inter was like Porto in Portugal. Smashed everyone.

The only counter atack team Mourinho had was Real Madrid, because is the best way to use Cristiano, and because it was the best way to win against Barcelona.

For example Chelsea beat Barcelona in counter attack but with God's help. It was a miracle that win in the Champions League..

Porto didn't play in counter attack, Porto smashed every team in Portugal and in Europe for 2 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB7qzOKxoDk

I don't think Chelsea or Inter were counter attack teams. Chelsea was one of the best teams in the world for 3 years with Mourinho (and more 2 or 3 years with other managers) being a solid team, and Inter played in counter attack against Barcelona and Bayern. In the Serie A Inter was like Porto in Portugal. Smashed everyone.

The only counter atack team Mourinho had was Real Madrid, because is the best way to use Cristiano, and because it was the best way to win against Barcelona.

For example Chelsea beat Barcelona in counter attack but with God's help. It was a miracle that win in the Champions League..

LOL...all of Mourinho's teams were counter-attacking teams...even AVB recently said that Jose's 2004-2007 Chelsea side (where AVB was one of Jose's assistants) was a deadly counter-attacking machine.

Sorry to spoil your party but I know everything about Mourinho the manager. I have been following him since his Porto days and I am well aware that he is only capable of playing a counter-attacking football, I mean successfully. Yet, I am sure that Roman Abramovich didn't buy so many creative players and hired Jose back for him to build a counter-attacking team. Jose himself told on numerous occasions that he came back to build a team that plays different football than that which he had at Stamford Bridge during his first reign.

Mourinho is certainly not an Einstein of counter-attacking footbal as Jurgen Klopp's Borussia Dortmund have been showing to us for the last 2 years. Counter-attack works best when you are capable of successfully playing both attacking and counter-attacking football as Borussia Dotmund is showing to us. Do I need to remind you what happened to Mourinho's multi-talented Real Madrid side against Dortmund when they played 4 times last year?

My prediction is Mourinho will not last long at Chelsea if he doesn't learn how to play creative attacking football as his current style doesn't stand a chance against the likes of Dortmund, Bayern and even Atletico Madrid.

Counter attack can beat any team, as long as you defend well. The style Atletico play is not too dissimilar, but they have really aggressive players all over the pitch, who give you no space, before hitting on counter.

While Chelsea sit back and wait for opportunities to counter.

We won't really dominate any decent team possession wise with Lampard and Ramires together.

Counter attack can beat any team, as long as you defend well. The style Atletico play is not too dissimilar, but they have really aggressive players all over the pitch, who give you no space, before hitting on counter.

While Chelsea sit back and wait for opportunities to counter.

We won't really dominate any decent team possession wise with Lampard and Ramires together.

Disagree...it's like saying "attack can beat any team, as long as you attack well". Mathematically, a team which has more possession of the ball has more probability to win the game. What's the point of defending for your lives and trying to catch your opponent on counter? It makes sense if you don't have players who can keep possession. A team like Chelsea should be playing possessional football and creating chances from normal play. A good manager is the one who adopts his tactics to skills of his players, not the other way around.

And whose fault is that Lampard and Ramires are in the pivot?

LOL...all of Mourinho's teams were counter-attacking teams...even AVB recently said that Jose's 2004-2007 Chelsea side (where AVB was one of Jose's assistants) was a deadly counter-attacking machine.

They were not. Porto was not a counter attacking team, and for me Chelsea and Inter were not also.

They know how to counter attack very well, but they could play passing the ball and create oportunities that way.

FOr me the only team where the counter attack was a massive contribution because the players were perfect for that was Real Madrid. And no other team will do it in the world like Madrid.

And Porto was not a counter attack team.

They were not. Porto was not a counter attacking team, and for me Chelsea and Inter were not also.

They know how to counter attack very well, but they could play passing the ball and create oportunities that way.

FOr me the only team where the counter attack was a massive contribution because the players were perfect for that was Real Madrid. And no other team will do it in the world like Madrid.

And Porto was not a counter attack team.

that's your opinion and it's wrong.....

all of Mourinho's previous teams were counter-attacking teams.