The Mourinho Thread

Sorry to spoil your party but I know everything about Mourinho the manager. I have been following him since his Porto days and I am well aware that he is only capable of playing a counter-attacking football, I mean successfully. Yet, I am sure that Roman Abramovich didn't buy so many creative players and hired Jose back for him to build a counter-attacking team. Jose himself told on numerous occasions that he came back to build a team that plays different football than that which he had at Stamford Bridge during his first reign.

My prediction is Mourinho will not last long at Chelsea if he doesn't learn how to play creative attacking football as his current style doesn't stand a chance against the likes of Dortmund, Bayern and even Atletico Madrid.

So you admit Mourinho plays counter attacking football, and then you deny it works against big powerful teams. So if Mourinho plays counter attacking football and if that doesn't work against big teams, then how come Mourinho has dominated every league he's ever been on? Contradiction much? You seem confused there.

You claim Abramovich won't like Mourinho's style, but then why did he hire the guy a SECOND time, knowing exactly what he was getting? Again, you seem confused.

Mourinho is certainly not an Einstein of counter-attacking footbal as Jurgen Klopp's Borussia Dortmund have been showing to us. Do I need to remind you what happened to Mourinho's multi-talented Real Madrid side against Dortmund when they played 4 times last year?

Klopp's Dortmund has the likes of Gundogan, Lewandowski, Reus, Hummels and until recently Gotze. Do I need to remind you what Mourinho achieved at Porto with a team worth 1/4 of that?

Go home bro.

So you admit Mourinho plays counter attacking football, and then you deny it works against big powerful teams. So if Mourinho plays counter attacking football and if that doesn't work against big teams, then how come Mourinho has dominated every league he's ever been on? Contradiction much? You seem confused there.

You claim Abramovich won't like Mourinho's style, but then why did he hire the guy a SECOND time, knowing exactly what he was getting? Again, you seem confused.

Klopp's Dortmund has the likes of Gundogan, Lewandowski, Reus, Hummels and until recently Gotze. Do I need to remind you what Mourinho achieved at Porto with a team worth 1/4 of that?

Go home bro.

you seem to be new in football as you ask stupid questions and bring up silly arguments.....go to school kid...

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3509213/title/fa-statement-on-mourinho

The Football Association has this afternoon (Thursday) issued a statement regarding Jose Mourinho and the weekend game against Cardiff City.

The statement reads:

'Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has been fined £8,000 after he admitted a breach of FA Rule E3 in that his behaviour in or around the 69th minute of his side's game against Cardiff City on 19 October 2013 amounted to improper conduct.

'The fine is the standard penalty for the offence.'

If only you knew ...

haha he actually told you that as well? So ironic when you're older than his supposed age. I fear that the world I enter into has people like him.

Anyway pre-ordered The Special One: The Dark Side of Jose Mourinho on iBooks. Can't wait to see how crap is made up.

The fascinating thing so far this season is the back up plan. the team is completely re-shuffled if things aren't working. 3-5-2 or 3-6-1 or whatever you call it has worked well for the last 2 games now. Opposition is getting flooded in midfield and the defence has yet to concede a goal with 3 at the back

The fascinating thing so far this season is the back up plan. the team is completely re-shuffled if things aren't working. 3-5-2 or 3-6-1 or whatever you call it has worked well for the last 2 games now. Opposition is getting flooded in midfield and the defence has yet to concede a goal with 3 at the back

I don't really think the change to a back 3 has worked the way it is supposed to, apart from getting the goals and winning the goal. There is definitely still a lack of cohesion when that happens. When the change was made against Norwich, we didn't really put them under any sustain pressure or created many chances. We left ourselves wide open at the back, which is understandable given the risk taken, and only scored the 2 goals from counter attacks - 1 with the help of defender and goalkeeper, the other a moment of individual brilliance.

Then against Cardiff, we already lost some control of the game before the change was made. And even after that, we still really couldn't control the game and were letting ourselves exposed whenever Cardiff attacked. The 2nd goal for us only came a corner clearance from Cardiff went straight back to us and after Eto'o scored, we switched back to a back 4.

All thanks to Ivanovic. Same reason Ivan get the nod in most games and is gonna be the case for the rest of the season.