The Mourinho Thread

It's not on Jose. Remember the year we won the Champions league or last year? We consantly underperformed when played small teams. Last year QPR(2 times), giving up a 2-0 lead against Reading and Southampton(am i right?) or the oncountable loses in the 2011-2012 season.

The difference last year was that we didn't have a squad to cope with all of those games, and now we do. Last year and the year before are so different to this year - in previous years we had the likes of Benayoun, Marin, Malouda etc. on the bench and now it looks a lot different.

Regarding this season it's still fairly early in the season and our team is still taking shape - it's been a slow start but it's way too early to make concrete conclusions.

Look at the last few years where United have won the title - they always start extremely slow but when the business end of the season approaches is when they really perform. Similarly, look at our start last season - and look how our season ended. As I said before, there's no reason to panic.

Currently, our main issues will be consistency and lack of proper distribution from within the central midfield. Think Mourinho has too much faith in Ramires, Lampard, and Mikel. And while those 3 are our pairings in the centre, we will always look vulnerable in that area against Top sides that put pressure on them.

I share your concern about our central midfield issues.

We had the chance to go out, splash the cash and potentially fix up our midfield by adding a player capable of pulling the strings from a deeper position.

It was the perfect time to strengthen our team, considering United & City are still finding their feet with the new managers.

However, for some reason, we decided to add Willian who is a good player...but he doesn't solve any of our problems.

I see the media are already lapping onto the "worst start in the Roman era" line, they conveniently forget that this is the first time in the Roman era our first two away games have both been against top six sides.

Before in the Roman era we have only had two top six away clashes in the first two away games, both of them being trips to Anfield in 2003 and 2007.

Like i heard someone else say, the league is a marathon not a sprint, and there are different circumstances surrounding different situations, have not been watching chelsea lately but ffs, there has to be patience, with a new coach or a clear change in tactics one should start making real judgements by late jan early feb.

It is obvious that mourinho started working on our defence which he has done and he is now concentrating on our attack which truly showed by the amount of chances we created at everton and the high tempo we maintained at a difficult away ground so i don't know why people are complaining as its a long league and from what i saw in the last match all that we need to improve on is finishing and concentration in front of goal which is no fault of the coach. People saying mourinho's subs were a mistake are only speaking in hind sight if he did not make any sub there will even be more complaints moreover oscar and lampard are definitely great players to have as subs.

Comparing mourinho to benitez is pointless except you want to be competing for top three under benitez rather than going for the league under mourinho. There is quite a margin in terms of league performance between mourinho and benitez actually. While benitez does very well against top six teams he is hugely inconsistent against average and lower teams but mourinho on the other hand would drop points at tough away games against top six teams(naturally) but is exceptionally good in winning games against average and lower teams and this is evident in his win percentage through out his career at different leagues. As for comparing AVB to mou let's see AVB win a trophy in england first then we can attempt to compare.

Am i the only one thinking that our players underperform very very much against small teams? Since 2011 i think our players are underperforming. Dortmund has the likes of Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan scoring for fun there and we have Hazard Schurrle Oscar and Torres(mentioning only the players that are playing constantly now, more or less) not performing how they should. This season we played 4 EPL games and scored 3 goals and conceded 2.

Aubameyang and mkhitaryan finishing is light years better than any of our attacking midfielders. Light years, they score most of their chances. So thats an unfair comparison, because klopp's tactics focuses mostly in the attack and all attackers who play for dortmund fluorish

It is obvious that mourinho started working on our defence which he has done and he is now concentrating on our attack which truly showed by the amount of chances we created at everton and the high tempo we maintained at a difficult away ground so i don't know why people are complaining as its a long league and from what i saw in the last match all that we need to improve on is finishing and concentration in front of goal which is no fault of the coach. People saying mourinho's subs were a mistake are only speaking in hind sight if he did not make any sub there will even be more complaints moreover oscar and lampard are definitely great players to have as subs.

Comparing mourinho to benitez is pointless except you want to be competing for top three under benitez rather than going for the league under mourinho. There is quite a margin in terms of league performance between mourinho and benitez actually. While benitez does very well against top six teams he is hugely inconsistent against average and lower teams but mourinho on the other hand would drop points at tough away games against top six teams(naturally) but is exceptionally good in winning games against average and lower teams and this is evident in his win percentage through out his career at different leagues. As for comparing AVB to mou let's see AVB win a trophy in england first then we can attempt to compare.

:clap::clap: for the bolded part.

I've said it before, mourinho just got our team, so he starts by sorting out our defence so we dont concede goals silly, and then he is now focusing on the attack which happened against everton. Only finishing stopped us from scoring 3 or more in that match, patience guys patience.

Ok but on the successfull Mourinho Team, he had better defensive midfielders.

And at Inter, he had three forwards who could run quite a lot, Eto'o and Milito or outmuscle opposition with Pandev. Cambiasso Motta in midfield were comfortable sitting quite deep and are good passers.

Except Schurrle, who have we who is glad to run a lot after the ball. And our midfield is the shittiest Mourinho has had.

And we play with a central defense sitting deep who puts more pressure and work on our midfield, they have to run a lot more.

It's not a squad for Mourinho.

Mata and Hazard will not play like they were under Benitez where the team was more compact and with quicker movements around them.

The defense sitting so deep is a huge problem for me as it slow our build-up too much and is making easier for the opponents to close down our players.

Luiz breaking from defense integrated in a system is a plus , not like Saturday where it's improvised and because he was pissed.

Ok but on the successfull Mourinho Team, he had better defensive midfielders.

And at Inter, he had three forwards who could run quite a lot, Eto'o and Milito or outmuscle opposition with Pandev. Cambiasso Motta in midfield were comfortable sitting quite deep and are good passers.

Except Schurrle, who have we who is glad to run a lot after the ball. And our midfield is the shittiest Mourinho has had.

And we play with a central defense sitting deep who puts more pressure and work on our midfield, they have to run a lot more.

It's not a squad for Mourinho.

Mata and Hazard will not play like they were under Benitez where the team was more compact and with quicker movements around them.

The defense sitting so deep is a huge problem for me as it slow our build-up too much and is making easier for the opponents to close down our players.

Luiz breaking from defense integrated in a system is a plus , not like Saturday where it's improvised and because he was pissed.

It's way too early for anyone to say whether this isn't a squad Mourinho can do damage with. At least give him a season.

Typical over-reacting to a bad result, happens every season - our current manager is not suited to the squad, so and so can do better and so on.

Every manager needs time to form the squad into what he wants. Mou will change whatever is necessary in the next few windows, and lets not forget when he said judge his teams in his 2nd season.

So take a chill pill and calma.

These reaction's are unbelievable, all off a sudden Benitez is the better option ? :doh:

Now Rafa had a reputation at Liverpool for being a cautious manager, his Liverpool team's came to Stamford Bridge more often than not with a defensive gameplan which made our approach at Old Trafford look like all out attack.

Mourinho is quite clearly doing the same as last time, in the fact that he is sorting out the defense first and finding out our best formation, to say these aren't Mourinho players is mind-boggling. Deco, Sneijder, Tiago, Robben, Ozil, Modric are hardly the typical "Mourinho players" and they didn't do to bad under the Portuguese, did they? Infact i would say Mourinho would have loved to have had the likes Hazard, Schurrle, Ramires and Ivanovic in his last spell, especially towards to the end.

These reaction's are unbelievable, all off a sudden Benitez is the better option ? :doh:

Now Rafa had a reputation at Liverpool for being a cautious manager, his Liverpool team's came to Stamford Bridge more often than not with a defensive gameplan which made our approach at Old Trafford look like all out attack.

Mourinho is quite clearly doing the same as last time, in the fact that he is sorting out the defense first and finding out our best formation, to say these aren't Mourinho players is mind-boggling. Deco, Sneijder, Tiago, Robben, Ozil, Modric are hardly the typical "Mourinho players" and they didn't do to bad under the Portuguese, did they? Infact i would say Mourinho would have loved to have had the likes Hazard, Schurrle, Ramires and Ivanovic in his last spell, especially towards to the end.

People have short memories....Remember Benitez first 5 matches with us? Actually, I'd rather not...

The problem is, everyone knows Abramovich, and despite all this wonderful homecoming, if he goes off Jose again, he will be straight out the door again at the drop of a hat. Sadly I fear if we are not in a good position even by Christmas, which would be a real joke, really wanted Jose back, and another change will add more problems.

The problem is, everyone knows Abramovich, and despite all this wonderful homecoming, if he goes off Jose again, he will be straight out the door again at the drop of a hat. Sadly I fear if we are not in a good position even by Christmas, which would be a real joke, really wanted Jose back, and another change will add more problems.

Okay so this is my opinion and I will stated as is. If you want to say something say something but don't come insulting me please.

Thank you:

Well I think it was more of a desperation for Jose coming back then Chelsea really needing him.

Cause after his Madrid stint not many team wanted him.

So he needed to come back to nurture his spirit once again.

While at Chelsea we where doing good. Heck we could have continued with Benitez and still been good. We didn't need him anymore as it was the first couple of years where the "shadow of Mourinho" hunted every manager.

I think after we hit that dead low with AVB and then had the magnificent turn around with RDM to win the CL something change.

Now Chelsea is more about being sexy and young. You know that younger product brand and trying to play a more attractive style.

Mourinho said when he came he wanted to take this challenge. He wanted to give stability to help push these younger players into the next level.

And a top manager like him deserves the chance to prove if he can do it.

But come the end of the season if Chelsea ain't playing good, or not many youth have develop as thought then his chances of long term longevity will be in jeopardy, or as you state by Christmas but I think that would be too soon to be calling his head.

Why would i insult you? :blink: Odd response,

Ok of course we didnt need him but people wanted to see him back that is all. To make out he was unwanted in the world after Madrid is rubbish though. He got Real Madrid a record points tally, and beat Barcelona a bunch of times. He had a successful period. People who say he didnt are crazy. However Real Madrid have almost a worse 'we have to have you....nah we don't want you anymore.." policy than Chelsea.

I hope that Jose can kick us into shape and really have a great season. :D