The Mourinho Thread

Well I think it was more of a desperation for Jose coming back then Chelsea really needing him.

Cause after his Madrid stint not many team wanted him.

oh my god!!! seriously??? not many teams would have wanted him after 1 bad year in which he reached CL semi final and came second in la liga.

man city, psg and any of the big teams would have gone for him if it was already confirmed that jose was going to be our new manager even before the season started.

and do tell me, who we would have got if not JOSE? please enlighten me.

Why would i insult you? :blink: Odd response,

Ok of course we didnt need him but people wanted to see him back that is all. To make out he was unwanted in the world after Madrid is rubbish though. He got Real Madrid a record points tally, and beat Barcelona a bunch of times. He had a successful period. People who say he didnt are crazy. However Real Madrid have almost a worse 'we have to have you....nah we don't want you anymore.." policy than Chelsea.

I hope that Jose can kick us into shape and really have a great season. :D

The fact people think he actually failed at Madrid is actually a compliment to just what high standards he has set himself (the ridiculously high expectation's their was probably a factor aswell).

I bet if Carlo wins a La Liga, Copa Del Rey in the next 3 years while delivering consistent CL results, he will get showered with plaudits and he doesn't have to face Barca at their absolute peak of their powers under Pep either.

oh my god!!! seriously??? not many teams would have wanted him after 1 bad year in which he reached CL semi final and came second in la liga.

man city, psg and any of the big teams would have gone for him if it was already confirmed that jose was going to be our new manager even before the season started.

and do tell me, who we would have got if not JOSE? please enlighten me.

City, and United did not wanted him.

In fact I heard a lot of how Mourinho really wanted to go to United but was not considered for it. Thus he ended coming back to Chelsea as his second choice.

As far for us, I think Benitez was starting to do a good job, especially after all the shenanigans that happen at the club.

Under that immense pressure any coach would have caved in but Benitez stuck there like a champ and continue doing his job.

Why would i insult you? :blink: Odd response,

Ok of course we didnt need him but people wanted to see him back that is all. To make out he was unwanted in the world after Madrid is rubbish though. He got Real Madrid a record points tally, and beat Barcelona a bunch of times. He had a successful period. People who say he didnt are crazy. However Real Madrid have almost a worse 'we have to have you....nah we don't want you anymore.." policy than Chelsea.

I hope that Jose can kick us into shape and really have a great season. :D

Can you explain to me how getting a record point of tally is any achievement in La Liga????

Especially when a woeful Barcelona got the same amount of points the following year? The same Barcelona that we beat and that Bayern humble......Not a strong league if you ask me!

The fact people think he actually failed at Madrid is actually a compliment to just what high standards he has set himself (the ridiculously high expectation's their was probably a factor aswell).

I bet if Carlo wins a La Liga, Copa Del Rey in the next 3 years while delivering consistent CL results, he will get showered with plaudits and he doesn't have to face Barca at their absolute peak of their powers under Pep either.

Barcelona was at their peek in the first year, cause the next two years it wasn't like that.

We eliminated Barcelona the following season with one of the worst squad Chelsea ever had in the Roman era and last season Barcelona got humiliated by Bayern.

So it was only strong one year to be fair.

The fanaticism of people here tends to fail to look at the obvious. And that is that anyone who is giving an expensive squad a lot will be require from them.

Does not matter if you get to 3 semifinals. With that money you spend on the squad you are building a team to win trophies and play awesome. If that can't be done then you did not had success. And that is what Florentino said upon getting rid of him.

That at Madrid a certain standard is required.

In England people don't care if they win shit, while in Spain is more of a spectacle. You have to win playing great!

City, and United did not wanted him.

So that talks a lot of about in itself.

In fact I heard a lot of how Mourinho really wanted to go to United but was not considered for it. Thus he ended coming back to Chelsea as his second choice.

As far for us, I think Benitez was starting to do a good job, especially after all the shenanigans that happen at the club.

Under that immense pressure any coach would have caved in but Benitez stuck there like a champ and continue doing his job.

BULLSHIT. jose to chelsea was OBVIOUS since jan-feb. OBVIOUS. he had made some comment of how he would not be in RM next season in a PC at that time. RAFA was not going to stay for another season. i remember after a PL match in his interview, rafa was asked if he ll be staying at chelsea for the next season, he smiled and asked the reporter "what do u think?". JOSE to chelsea was done way before SAF took his retirement and mancini was fired. so jose was not considered for it because the deal was DONE, not because his CV was not good enough.

as for rafa, he did an okay job. nothing more, nothing less. people still forget that we were 2nd with just 4 points off united before he came. we ended the season 20 odd points behind them and that was when united played their last 5 games as dead rubbers. we lost COC, club world cup, fa cup. at one point of time 4th spot seemed to be a dream, specially when we lost 2-1 to southampton when rafa preferred to rest our players for a useless fa cup game against united rather than making sure of the 4th spot. also there were some hopelessly poor performances. bucuresti(a), qpr (h), southampton (a) etc. the only reason rafa is given any respite here is because we ended the season on an ultimate high.

also i cant believe i am trying to defend jose's appointment against rafa's. anyways rafa was no option. it was so obvious. the fans dint want him. the board dint want him (u know something is wrong when the manager of the team says things like "i should have been named manager and not interim manager"). so what other option did we have?

BULLSHIT. jose to chelsea was OBVIOUS since jan-feb. OBVIOUS. he had made some comment of how he would not be in RM next season in a PC at that time. RAFA was not going to stay for another season. i remember after a PL match in his interview, rafa was asked if he ll be staying at chelsea for the next season, he smiled and asked the reporter "what do u think?". JOSE to chelsea was done way before SAF took his retirement and mancini was fired. so jose was not considered for it because the deal was DONE, not because his CV was not good enough.

as for rafa, he did an okay job. nothing more, nothing less. people still forget that we were 2nd with just 4 points off united before he came. we ended the season 20 odd points behind them and that was when united played their last 5 games as dead rubbers. we lost COC, club world cup, fa cup. at one point of time 4th spot seemed to be a dream, specially when we lost 2-1 to southampton when rafa preferred to rest our players for a useless fa cup game against united rather than making sure of the 4th spot. also there were some hopelessly poor performances. bucuresti(a), qpr (h), southampton (a) etc. the only reason rafa is given any respite here is because we ended the season on an ultimate high.

also i cant believe i am trying to defend jose's appointment against rafa's. anyways rafa was no option. it was so obvious. the fans dint want him. the board dint want him (u know something is wrong when the manager of the team says things like "i should have been named manager and not interim manager"). so what other option did we have?

I think this article speaks louder then any words I can say:

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/14305-the-mourinho-thread/page-417

I think this article speaks louder then any words I can say:

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/14305-the-mourinho-thread/page-417

too long, got some work... can u give me gist of the article or rather the point u want to make.

Aubameyang and mkhitaryan finishing is light years better than any of our attacking midfielders. Light years, they score most of their chances. So thats an unfair comparison, because klopp's tactics focuses mostly in the attack and all attackers who play for dortmund fluorish

And that's my concern, Who were Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan last year? Can Klopp buy Kalou and make him score like them? I think motivation plays a big role and i think we lack motivation and i don't know why. When you compare Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan to Hazard and Oscar what's your first thought? 'Hazard and Oscar are miles ahead of them' That's what you will say and maybe they are. Performance counts and our players aren't performing how the should and that's why i said they are underperforming against lesser teams.

And that's my concern, Who were Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan last year? Can Klopp buy Kalou and make him score like them? I think motivation plays a big role and i think we lack motivation and i don't know why. When you compare Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan to Hazard and Oscar what's your first thought? 'Hazard and Oscar are miles ahead of them' That's what you will say and maybe they are. Performance counts and our players aren't performing how the should and that's why i said they are underperforming against lesser teams.

They aren't peforming consistently, your right.

But I was just pointing out that the attacking 3 behind dortmund are better finishers than any of our six attacking midfielders.

But our attackers are underpeforming though, no denying that.

@Fernando,

Barcelona were not bad last year, they got 100 points because Tito put an huge emphasis on smashing the small teams, which meant they still won the league despite not beating Madrid at-all.

They were still good the season before that, yes we knocked them out but that just shows how hard it is in the CL, we got knocked out in 2005 at our best by a average Liverpool side, you literally only have to be in that competition to win it, as we and Liverpool both showed. You can be the best team over 2 legs and still go out, 2009 we comfortably contained Barca at the Nou Camp and battered them at the Stamford Bridge and got knocked out, 2012 they battered us and we went through.

I personally don't think Madrid will get close to another La Liga for the next 5 years atleast, and then they will realize just how good Jose was for them.

@Fernando,

Barcelona were not bad last year, they got 100 points because Tito put an huge emphasis on smashing the small teams, which meant they still won the league despite not beating Madrid at-all.

They were still good the season before that, yes we knocked them out but that just shows how hard it is in the CL, we got knocked out in 2005 at our best by a average Liverpool side, you literally only have to be in that competition to win it, as we and Liverpool both showed. You can be the best team over 2 legs and still go out, 2009 we comfortably contained Barca at the Nou Camp and battered them at the Stamford Bridge and got knocked out, 2012 they battered us and we went through.

I personally don't think Madrid will get close to another La Liga for the next 5 years atleast, and then they will realize just how good Jose was for them.

I agree with your point about Barcelona...but to say Madrid won't be close to winning La Liga in the next 5 years is taking it a bit far.

I reckon Madrid are just as good as Barcelona...the only difference for me is team chemistry.

Where Barcelona have only added 1 new player, Real Madrid have added 3 new players in key positions.

Aubameyang was always someone dubbed with a big future years ago, he used to play for AC Milan as a kid but was let go due to attitude problems.... then he picked his career back up in France with Dijon, Lille, Monaco and Saint Etienne.

Phasing out 4-2-2...Genius

Mour:

If I have a triangle in midfield I will always have an advantage against a pure 4-4-2 where the central midfielders are side by side. Thatâs because I will always have an extra man. It starts with (French midfielder Claude) Makelele, who is between the lines. If nobody comes to him he can see the whole pitch and has time. If he gets closed down it means one of the two other central midfielders is open. If they are closed down and the other teamâs wingers come inside to help, it means there is space now for us on the flank, either for our own wingers or for our full-backs. There is nothing a pure 4-4-2 can do to stop thingsâ.

a7e4yjy6.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4