The Mourinho Thread

He said "1 or 2" signings is normal. with 1 signing made, and we are still weak upfront and specifically CDM, do people think we will see more than "one or two signings" or are we going to just see one more signing (my priority would be CDM, im happy with promoting Lukaku in terms of a new striker).

like everyone else, im so bored with the lack of club football! all the same questions are going through my head: what formation will he play, will he promote some youth players, whos going to go out on loan, whos he going to sell, who would be jose best xi, are KDB and Lukaku going to be in the team and who are we going to buy!!!!

:(

MOURINHO: ONE DIRECTION
Financial Fair Play regulations are changing the football landscape from the time Jose Mourinho was previously Chelsea manager. He has been discussing the subject and what he considers to be the benchmark for success.

The implementation period for UEFA's FFP regulations began two years ago with club accounts since then subject to assessment. Those wishing to participate in European club competition cannot make big losses when outgoings are measured against revenue from football activities, with similar criteria to be applied to the Premier League as well. It is altering approaches to the transfer market.

'It's very motivational and demands more from you,' notes Mourinho.

'You have to think more about every decision and every move. Every wrong move you make has an influence on the future. You need to work more closely with the board in the financial area, you have to have a different perspective and a different look at the players on loan and youth football.

'It's more global. Instead of just focusing on your team, and your targets and ambitions, it's an overall view. It's a different profile of job and I'm happy with that, I'm enjoying that.'

When it comes to what he expects to be able to achieve in his second spell at Chelsea, Mourinho believes that achievement follows naturally when the fundamentals are as good as they can be.

'I'm not worried about a definition of success, I'm worried about high quality work in every area I can influence,' he explains.

'That is the basis for success and a good definition of success. There was one Chelsea manager, Luiz Felipe Scolari, who when he came to Chelsea, he was saying he never saw a club with such organisation in the analysis department, he never saw a group of players with such a working ethic. That was a year after me and I was saying to myself and my assistants that he never mentioned my name, but it was a big compliment because it was my working ethic, my department of analysis and preparation. It was [match analyst] James Melbourne who came to me when he was a young kid and now he's the head of that department.That's my work, that's success.'

Mourinho highlights returning to comfortable qualification for the Champions League every season as one of the most important immediate targets, with Chelsea having left it late to achieve that in the last two seasons.

'We need to go back to this stability,' he says. 'It's important for the players, for the young players' development, for the club, for the fan base and for the economic situation which is more important with Financial Fair Play.

'This is what we want, me as a manager, the owner and the board. The owner and the board want stability and then after that if we are working well and working together, success comes naturally.

'Everybody accepts the way we are going. I'm not trying to push in a different way. We are all in the same direction.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3212071/title/mourinho-one-direction

So many quote about the FFP.. I think this rules out Cavani and the expensive alternatives

I think we need more than a great DM.

I still think our worst problem is a FW, Schurrle helps, but doesn't solve based on what I read about him.

Our pivot - or the lack of it due to amazingly slow conversion (also defensively) and build up (offensively) is putting a 'hold' on this team. Our worst problem is a good dm(6). Many might disagree but i feel we need to integrate the attacking part of the pivot as well. We are just too slow, only to speed up when mazacar gets the ball.

As @alex rightly points out: a striker is not so much a superrrrrrr crucial function in our team. We need it - but the c(d)m is waaayyyyy more important. Also, we need future defensive options (be it loanees breaking through or a Varane :-)

As I said .... Just imagine Witsel and Oscar in the pivot - with Hazard, Mata, Kdb? Up front ... Anyone, with Lukaku coming in at 60'

Yes!

Our pivot - or the lack of it due to amazingly slow conversion (also defensively) and build up (offensively) is putting a 'hold' on this team. Our worst problem is a good dm(6). Many might disagree but i feel we need to integrate the attacking part of the pivot as well. We are just too slow, only to speed up when mazacar gets the ball.

As @alex rightly points out: a striker is not so much a superrrrrrr crucial function in our team. We need it - but the c(d)m is waaayyyyy more important. Also. We need future defensive options (be it lanees breaking through or a Varane :-)

As I said .... Just imagine Witsel and Oscar in the pivot - with Hazard, Mata, Kdb? Up front ... Anyoe, with Lukaku coming in at 60'

Yes!

I just trust Mou to build up a formation that will make up for the lack of a better DM.

It's easier to teach a guy to tackle (as we do have a few fast guys like Oscar, Kevin, Ramires) properly and improve his pass quality rather than improve his finishing - imo.

I'm not saying we don't need both - I think we need both + a full back if we don't want to have squad issues, but last season proved we really sucked scoring...

Mourinho's teams are built from the CB/DM section and over. So I trust he will find a way with the players we have if we don't get a better DM. Now I really don't believe with the players we have he could fix the scoring issue.

I just trust Mou to build up a formation that will make up for the lack of a better DM.

It's easier to teach a guy to tackle (as we do have a few fast guys like Oscar, Kevin, Ramires) properly and improve his pass quality rather than improve his finishing - imo.

I'm not saying we don't need both - I think we need both + a full back if we don't want to have squad issues, but last season proved we really sucked scoring...

Mourinho's teams are built from the FB/DM section and over. So I trust he will find a way with the players we have if we don't get a better DM. Now I really don't believe with the players we have he could fix the scoring issue.

Scoring issue? Striker issue yes .... We did half a year with sucky Torres .... A part of a half year with an out of form Ba (beause FSW broke his rythm). Next year we will have Lukaku as well. May be more!

Also a dcm is not about tackling, noooo! We need a well disciplined, performing dcm, with a good eye, speed in conversion and the creativity to turn on Mata/Hazards pistons. Seriously .... The amount of times we fucked up fast conversion(after rdm) was appalling. It would be madness to go in without a true 6 - a modern 'volante' as you'd say.

Scoring issue? Striker issue yes .... We did half a year with sucky Torres .... A part of a half year with an out of form Ba (beause FSW broke his rythm). Next year we will have Lukaku as well. May be more!

Also a dcm is not about tackling, noooo! We need a well disciplined, performing dcm, with a good eye, speed in conversion and the creativity to turn on Mata/Hazards pistons. Seriously .... The amount of times we fucked up fast conversion(after rdm) was appalling. It would be madness to go in without a true 6 - a modern 'volante' as you'd say.

When I look back to a few matches we played: Swansea (EPL away - I guess), QPR (both matches) and a few others yes, I think we have huge scoring issues.

Mazacar made up partially for Torres suckery and Ivan and Lamps also helped, but we can't depend on those guys to score. Mazacar makes sense, but not Lamps and Ivan... we lost, draw and even won a few tight score matches because of our inability to score, Torres or not Torres. We need a matador ASAP.

A 6 in Brazil is a LB - what you're describing is what we could call a 5 or 8. A 5 is more defensive while a 8 is the guy I think you mean.

We need a Xabi Alonso. Can't we have Xabi Alonso himself? :P

I agree with you, but I'd be happier with a Cristiano Ronaldo more than with a Xabi Alonso at this point. Mourinho can make one of our boys the next Xabi Alonso, I'm sure because the boys are talented and special.

MOURINHO HOME IMPROVEMENTS

Jose Mourinho has spoken about the work of the club's scouting department as preparations for the 2013/14 season get underway.

With his official unveiling now complete, and members of the first team squad either away on international duty or on holiday, the focus shifts a little onto the backroom staff with the biannual 'transfer season' underway.

Competition to find and secure top players is fierce and Mourinho values the role played in this area by technical director Michael Emenalo and those assisting him.

'There are many things in a manager's job that you cannot do, and if you do them, you can't do them properly,' explained the Portuguese. 'Or, if you do, it means that you are losing your influence in other areas that become important, and areas where nobody else can do it for you.

'So it's important you have around you structures that can deliver to you the best information, and especially the scouting area, which is a very difficult area for a person like me.

'I cannot travel because I have important things to do in the club. I cannot travel because if I travel everybody knows I'm travelling, everybody knows where I am, everybody knows the player I'm looking for, everybody starts the speculation.

'The area of the club responsible for analysing the opponents and preparing the matches is basically the same structure I implemented when I was here, and now they are just waiting for my next input for evolution of that.

'But in the area of scouting young players, the club has had an evolution. The club is better now than when I came, and I think it's better because it needs to be better, because you cannot just find a player when he's 24, 25, 26 and in the best moment of his career.

'You have to scout and follow before that and you cannot do it without a good structure. That is an area of the club where I found good work is being done. I think Michael and his staff are prepared. They gave me already some, and they are prepared to provide me with the type of information I need.'

Reflecting on his last spell in charge at Stamford Bridge, Mourinho explained the circumstances of one of the major signings back then - that of Andriy Shevchenko in 2006.

During the years since it has been suggested in the media that the manager was against the transfer, but that simply wasn't the case.

'We wanted to buy Samuel Eto'o, he was our target,' revealed Mourinho. 'The owner was more than ready to bring Eto'o here because he was the player I wanted.

'Do you know why? Because he was the only player I could play with [Didier] Drogba, changing the system for two strikers. But he was also ready to play with Drogba in the system we had at the time, with three attacking players, with Eto'o coming from the sides, the same as I did at Inter with him.

'Sometimes there I was playing Eto'o and [Diego] Milito in a 4-4-2 system, and when I wanted to play with three attackers I was playing [Goran] Pandev, Milito and Eto'o.

'We wanted Eto'o; Mr Abramovich did everything to bring him and [then chief executive] Peter Kenyon did everything to bring him. In the end, Barcelona said they didn't want to sell, forget it. One more zero, one less zero [on the price], forget it.

'So our option that the owner was doing everything to bring wasn't possible because Barcelona decided no money would do it. After that we went to other options and it became the Shevchenko option.

'I was happy. But if you buy 20 kids, not 20 kids will go on to the first team as a successful professionals, and even with the top dogs, when you pay 30, 40, 50 or £60million, sometimes it doesn't work, and it doesn't mean you made a mistake or the club made a mistake, it just doesn't work.'

To think we have such a wonderful leader is ...I dont have the word that express it but we are in good hands.

memories!!!! *crying again* *goosebumps all over the body*

I cried so much - more than when Chelsea won.

That day is one of the most memorable days of my life

22052010008.jpg

thanks for the vid

memories!!!! *crying again* *goosebumps all over the body*

I cried so much - more than we Chelsea won.

That day is one of the most memorable days of my life

22052010008.jpg

thanks for the vid

You are a fresh air to this community, glad to have you here.I also remember very well that day, Bayern were attacking attacking attacking, mainly through Robben and then Milito scores, same story second half and at the end José and his team won an incredible treble, since then I always watched Intermilan and the past two years were awful.I hope Walter begins his revolution and at least finish in the top three next year.

Edit : Oh if you want to continue the nostalgia here is what he said after the win at Stamford Bridge, he was right in every word he said in the end.

You are a fresh air to this community, glad to have you here.I also remember very well that day, Bayern were attacking attacking attacking, mainly through Robben and then Milito scores, same story second half and at the end José and his team won an incredible treble, since then I always watched Intermilan and the past two years were awful.I hope Walter begins his revolution and at least finish in the top three next year.

Mourinho did an amazing job with Inter. We've been going through a difficult moment there for a couple of years, but we'll rise again. Inter is the first international team I supported in my life.

I remember every Sunday I woke up and turn on Bandeirantes (Brazilian's network) to watch Serie A. I was 9 then and I watched whoever played, not only Inter. Normally it was ten in the morning the match... but sometimes it was 11 or 12 and I remember mom having to drag me from in front the TV - I ate crying many days (in my house no one watched TV while having Sunday lunch, it was family time) because I wanted to keep watching.

I remember it took me almost one year for my uncle to finally make me understand the offside rule.

Football marked my childhood.

I really love this place, the place itself it's a breath of fresh air for me ;)

We were the underdogs then. Bayern played so much better - just like in 2012. They dominated, but it only makes it much greater that in both cases we ended up the winners.

Football is amazing... I cried much more in 2008 than in 2012 (relating to Chelsea). I was inconsolable for longer than a week. I already hated ManUtd with a passion, but ever since it's in unhealthy levels.

edit: I remember that press conference as well. It was one of the occasions that came to mind when I wrote the article about him coming back to Chelsea. I'm really a Mourinho fan. I really admire this guy. He will always have my respect.

Mourinho did an amazing job with Inter. We've been going through a difficult moment there for a couple of years, but we'll rise again. Inter is the first international team I supported in my life.

I remember every Sunday I woke up and turn on Bandeirantes (Brazilian's network) to watch Serie A. I was 9 then and I watched whoever played, not only Inter. Normally it was ten in the morning the match... but sometimes it was 11 or 12 and I remember mom having to drag me from in front the TV - I ate crying many days (in my house no one watched TV while having Sunday lunch, it was family time) because I wanted to keep watching.

I remember it took me almost one year for my uncle to finally make me understand the offside rule.

Football marked my childhood.

I really love this place, the place itself it's a breath of fresh air for me ;)

We were the underdogs then. Bayern played so much better - just like in 2012. They dominated, but it only makes it much greater that in both cases we ended up the winners.

Football is amazing... I cried much more in 2008 than in 2012 (relating to Chelsea). I was inconsolable for longer than a week. I already hated ManUtd with a passion, but ever since it's in unhealthy levels.

And now, about the offside rule, you still got it ?

It was an incredible year of football overall, the double for us, treble for Inter and José's people, United losing the title at Old Trafford against us, Marseille winning the title after a long wait, I was very happy for them, Lyon knocking out Madrid again in CL, and the World Cup was very special for me because Algeria played it and we were fantastic against England, I remember every one living in England were absolutely spitting on our chances to have a result, and at the end we shared the same amount of points, a match that I'll never forget.2010 was a very good year, 2011 was the opposite.