The Mourinho Thread

Talksport spoke to their spainish correspondant who says he cannot see any scenario where mourinho stays at real madrid and chelsea looks like the best option. He also said there have been some reports saying there is some contact between the 2, but there is obviously no guarentee... If he was a betting man he would put chelsea as the favourites. Though another possible option could be PSG due to it being a new challenge with another different title he could win with a great squad and champions league prospects.

Jose fits well at Chelsea. Roman being filthy rich, Jose an outspoken decoy, what else could the fans ask ?

Something must have happened to Roman, I feel.

Perhaps, he was enlightened by some extraterrestrial beings ?

I don't think zashco is talking to him

If mourinho came, he would want lampard to stay, and what makes him my favourite manager is that he would just say that and not flirt around the issue like rafa.

It's not Rafa's choice to make though. What on Earth can he say?

As for Mourinho keeping him, I think he might but having come from a team with Alonso and Modric in it I'm not sure exactly where he'd play him. Maybe he could use him on the coaching staff though although I have no idea if Lamps wants to go into that side of the game.

It's not Rafa's choice to make though. What on Earth can he say?

As for Mourinho keeping him, I think he might but having come from a team with Alonso and Modric in it I'm not sure exactly where he'd play him. Maybe he could use him on the coaching staff though although I have no idea if Lamps wants to go into that side of the game.

He is the manager, and he can say he wants lampard to stay if they can come to an agreement because he is beneficial to the team... Roman can then do what he wants with that...

And mourinho would work with the team he has here and not try and make it a real madrid equivilancy. His best position isn't in the pivot but he has been extremely useful for us there this season added to that his experience and just him being there is something that would benefit the team, even if it is coming off the bench in some games. We have no alonso or modric type player here (except KDB) so he could say that about any midfielder we have...

He is the manager, and he can say he wants lampard to stay if they can come to an agreement because he is beneficial to the team... Roman can then do what he wants with that...

And mourinho would work with the team he has here and not try and make it a real madrid equivilancy. His best position isn't in the pivot but he has been extremely useful for us there this season added to that his experience and just him being there is something that would benefit the team, even if it is coming off the bench in some games. We have no alonso or modric type player here (except KDB) so he could say that about any midfielder we have...

Benitez has no say on the Lampard situation though, and saying stuff to the press simply exacerbates an already divisive issue. Mourinho may find use for him going forward, and he's certainly be able to handle him in the squad unlike certain other managers, but I'm not sure where he'd use him. We need to sign someone in that position for next year and I'd rather have a young prospect like McEachran or Chalobah coming off the bench but if Jose thinks Lampard will help us win stuff then he might keep him around.

Benitez has no say on the Lampard situation though, and saying stuff to the press simply exacerbates an already divisive issue. Mourinho may find use for him going forward, and he's certainly be able to handle him in the squad unlike certain other managers, but I'm not sure where he'd use him. We need to sign someone in that position for next year and I'd rather have a young prospect like McEachran or Chalobah coming off the bench but if Jose thinks Lampard will help us win stuff then he might keep him around.

But the issue is gonna keep coming up, so if he made his thoughts known then it would some of the speculation. Of course it could put unwanted pressure onto the board, but that is far from my concern, and as a manager i couldn't imagine a character like mourinho not saying if he wanted a certain player to stay or not... Also it's not like if we keep lampard then it means josh or nathenial won't get a chance. It's not an either or deal. And if we need someone to come on and help push for a goal or even just to have a cool head on the pitch i would want him on there, over the other 2 in that situation. Josh and Nathanial are hopefully gonna be part of the future but its not like lamps has to make way for them to be able to come through.

dont want to turn this into a midfielders thread but with De Bruyne and McEachran coming back, plus Ramires and Mikel just recently signing 5 year deals; then the speculation that Fellaini might join (on another 5 year deal) where does Super Frank fit into the pivot role. right now Mikel, KdB, Josh, Mikel arent there thats why hes getting the minutes; even RDM had started using him sparingly this season...LA Galaxy said they planned to make an announcement about a Designated Player soon, and whether its been on BBC, Telegraph, Guardian - all state that Lamps contract everything points to the fact that Lamps contract wont be renewed; getting into Lamps shoes, is he satisfied sitting on the bench if he wants to make the squad for next years world cup...regardless of whether Jose is coming or not, everything is pointing in one direction for Franky. just hoping he breaks the record and we can send him off on a high

But the issue is gonna keep coming up, so if he made his thoughts known then it would some of the speculation. Of course it could put unwanted pressure onto the board, but that is far from my concern, and as a manager i couldn't imagine a character like mourinho not saying if he wanted a certain player to stay or not... Also it's not like if we keep lampard then it means josh or nathenial won't get a chance. It's not an either or deal. And if we need someone to come on and help push for a goal or even just to have a cool head on the pitch i would want him on there, over the other 2 in that situation. Josh and Nathanial are hopefully gonna be part of the future but its not like lamps has to make way for them to be able to come through.

A manager might, but Benitez is interim coach. You don't stay in a hotel and change the wallpaper.

Whilst it might not be an either/or situation, it is one more person in front of these guys and we have no idea if he's happy on the bench. I also don't know how useful he'll be in that position. He was a passenger in the second-half on Sunday and that isn't the first time it's happened this season. That will have to be the coach's decision, unless he decides to commit to some other team.

A manager might, but Benitez is interim coach. You don't stay in a hotel and change the wallpaper.

Whilst it might not be an either/or situation, it is one more person in front of these guys and we have no idea if he's happy on the bench. I also don't know how useful he'll be in that position. He was a passenger in the second-half on Sunday and that isn't the first time it's happened this season. That will have to be the coach's decision, unless he decides to commit to some other team.

He was a passenger in the second half, like every other chelsea player with maybe cahill and ramires the main exceptions. Any time he has been "bad" has been when the team has also been bad. He has been very influential and with the exception of mata and hazard has probably been our most useful attacking player. And back on the manager front, you could make an argument that every manager we have had with perhaps the exception of mourinho has been an interim, as very few have had the job for a considerable amount of time.

If we buy another player for the pivot and recall KDB, then i get the argument as it will be hard to get much game time (specifically starts) and then if lamps doesn't want that role then its his decision which we will have to respect, but if we don't buy another player for that position and KDB stays on loan (i don't want him to stay on loan next season) then we will need him a lot more. I would keep him anyway as he is extremely hard to replace in terms of everything he offers, but we should at least offer him a deal and tell him, this is what will likely be the case then let lampard decide whether he wants to accept it or not... Just, not even offering him a deal would be madness imo.

He was a passenger in the second half, like every other chelsea player with maybe cahill and ramires the main exceptions. Any time he has been "bad" has been when the team has also been bad. He has been very influential and with the exception of mata and hazard has probably been our most useful attacking player. And back on the manager front, you could make an argument that every manager we have had with perhaps the exception of mourinho has been an interim, as very few have had the job for a considerable amount of time.

If we buy another player for the pivot and recall KDB, then i get the argument as it will be hard to get much game time (specifically starts) and then if lamps doesn't want that role then its his decision which we will have to respect, but if we don't buy another player for that position and KDB stays on loan (i don't want him to stay on loan next season) then we will need him a lot more. I would keep him anyway as he is extremely hard to replace in terms of everything he offers, but we should at least offer him a deal and tell him, this is what will likely be the case then let lampard decide whether he wants to accept it or not... Just, not even offering him a deal would be madness imo.

There's a whole thread for Lamps, but when you look at poor performances like the one on Sunday and then go on to talk about everything he offers and his 'experience' part of me thinks that you're giving him a free pass.

Sure I'd like him to stay, but that's for purely selfish reasons and not footballing ones. Committing millions of pounds to someone based on that is madness in my opinion.