The Mourinho Thread

I've been thinling about it lately...Would Mourinho returning be a good thing? He loves the physical and dominating tactics with players like Khedira, Makélelé, Essien, Mikel being important. Whereas CFC are seemingly trying to move away from that ethos and implementing a more technical and fleet footed style. Wouldn't it be counter productive to bring in a manager whose entire philosophy is at ends with the players that are being signed?

am I the only person who thinks if jose mourinho comes back to england next year (he said he is going to return and he's leaving madrid after this season) he will choose chelsea??

i not sure but i want that to happen :blue scalf:

I've been thinling about it lately...Would Mourinho returning be a good thing? He loves the physical and dominating tactics with players like Khedira, Makélelé, Essien, Mikel being important. Whereas CFC are seemingly trying to move away from that ethos and implementing a more technical and fleet footed style. Wouldn't it be counter productive to bring in a manager whose entire philosophy is at ends with the players that are being signed?

But do Real Madrid play physical football?? (I don't watch them much)

But do Real Madrid play physical football?? (I don't watch them much)

To an extent yes.

Khedira

Alonso

Arbeloa

Essien

Marcelo

Ramos

Pepe

Carvalho

Are all very physical players.

A lot of Merengues complain about José's stlye of football. Stating that it's too negative and it's detrimental to the image of the club.

Exactly what i have been thinking. The kind of players we have right now in our squad and the kinds of player we are being linked with makes me believe we are shifting towards the so called 'sexy football' which will with all due respect isn't what Jose Mourinho team does. I voted for Pep in the other thread of who should be our next manager because this present team needs a coach like Pep more than Jose.

To an extent yes.

Khedira

Alonso

Arbeloa

Essien

Marcelo

Ramos

Pepe

Carvalho

Are all very physical players.

A lot of Merengues complain about José's stlye of football. Stating that it's too negative and it's detrimental to the image of the club.

Thanks. However, doesn't it seem that our team fits this build?? All those players you mentioned are either defenders or midfielders, I understand that maybe some players might have been left out of that list but we have Azpi, Cahill, Luiz, Mikel, Ramires, Ba, Lampard, Moses, and even Oscar who all seem to either reflect that mentality or seem to have the physical build to withstand that style. Could it be that Mourinho's system mainly requires Aggressive defenders, strong midfielders, and a striker capable of holding up the ball(Drogba,Milito, Benzema/Higuain)? All of which it seems we have?

Thanks. However, doesn't it seem that our team fits this build?? All those players you mentioned are either defenders or midfielders, I understand that maybe some players might have been left out of that list but we have Azpi, Cahill, Luiz, Mikel, Ramires, Ba, Lampard, Moses, and even Oscar who all seem to either reflect that mentality or seem to have the physical build to withstand that style. Could it be that Mourinho's system mainly requires Aggressive defenders, strong midfielders, and a striker capable of holding up the ball(Drogba,Milito, Benzema/Higuain)? All of which it seems we have?

Besides Luiz and Ivanovic I don't think our defenders are that aggressive. Azpilicueta, Cole, Cahill, Terry, Bertrand seem to be calmer and rely more on patient anticipation.

Mikel isn't aggressive at all, he isn't meant to be. He is meant to be the calm headed destroyer like Makélélé but Mou like those sorts also.

This is how I see Madrid.

Deep Lying Foward (Benzema)

Outside Foward (Ronaldo) - Attacking Midfielder (Ozil) - Winger (Dí María)

Playmaker (Alonso) - Anchorman (Khedira)

Wingback (Marcelo) - Centreback (Pepe) - Centreback (Ramos) - Fullback (Arbeloa)

Goalkeeper (Casillas)

Benzema has great technical skills and he drops deep a lot to help dictate play and hold onto possession.

Ronaldo cuts in, shoots and then fixes his hair. We all know how he plays.

Dí María once a upon a time was a magnificent winger. Worked rather hard and put in a lot of assists.He is meant to say out wide stretch defences but he doesn't. He just shoots a lot because he is a moron. A complete idiot.

Ozil, is meant to be all about the through balls and technical side of the game. He is slow, can't defend, has less stamina than me. He has been terrible lately.

Alonso is a beast. Fucking best player in this team.

Khedira unlike a lot of them has improved a lot. He has incredible stamina and work rate. Really gets stuck in on defence, but he occasionaly bombs foward.

Marcelo is fast, technical and likes to kick people in the shins. A very dirty player, but effective.

Pepe and Ramos like to kick people to. Even more so than Marcelo. This combination does not work because they both get red faced and rush off the defensive line to kick players. Red cards waiting to happen.

Arbeloa...eh..what can I say? He is a solid defender and will work hard.

Benzeam, Ronaldo, Dí María and Marcelo are also really pacey. Another thing that Mou loves.

Besides Luiz and Ivanovic I don't think our defenders are that aggressive. Azpilicueta, Cole, Cahill, Terry, Bertrand seem to be calmer and rely more on patient anticipation.

Mikel isn't aggressive at all, he isn't meant to be. He is meant to be the calm headed destroyer like Makélélé but Mou like those sorts also.

Wingback (Marcelo) - Centreback (Pepe) - Centreback (Ramos) - Fullback (Arbeloa)

Goalkeeper (Casillas)

Benzema has great technical skills and he drops deep a lot to help dictate play and hold onto possession.

Dí María once a upon a time was a magnificent winger. Worked rather hard and put in a lot of assists.He is meant to say out wide stretch defences but he doesn't. He just shoots a lot because he is a moron. A complete idiot.

Ozil, is meant to be all about the through balls and technical side of the game. He is slow, can't defend, has less stamina than me. He has been terrible lately.

Khedira unlike a lot of them has improved a lot. He has incredible stamina and work rate. Really gets stuck in on defence, but he occasionaly bombs foward.

Marcelo is fast, technical and likes to kick people in the shins. A very dirty player, but effective.

Pepe and Ramos like to kick people to. Even more so than Marcelo. This combination does not work because they both get red faced and rush off the defensive line to kick players. Red cards waiting to happen.

Benzeam, Ronaldo, Dí María and Marcelo are also really pacey. Another thing that Mou loves.

I feel Terry has proved he can be successful in Mou's system, I agree on Cole and Bertrand but both pacey like Marcelo, but with Cahill and Azpilicueta I feel like they have the physical stature to be morphed by Mou to play physically. I have to be honest here, I feel our team have a younger lesser version of what Madrid have, we have similar players to them except Benzema(maybe Ba?). I mean Hazard-Ronaldo prolific wingers, Mata-Ozil heart of the playmaking, Moses-Di Maria not as close in playing style as other comparisons but both pacey, Mikel-Alonso calm handlers of the ball, Ramires-Khedira, Luiz-Pepe has tackler. I see it as:

????<Benzema

Hazard<Ronaldo

Mata<Ozil (slightly)

Moses<Di Maria

Mikel<<Alonso

Ramires<Khedira

Luiz<Pepe (slightly)

Ivan<Ramos

It seems as though we have some of the base aspects of a Mou team but are missing the details (some bigger than others) that would make us a top class team with Mou. But we are Chelsea, Mou can buy those details :D .

Goalkeeper (Casillas)

This is awesome and actually quite accurate. Although you might want to put Adán in there instead of Casillas. :ph34r:

I feel Terry has proved he can be successful in Mou's system, I agree on Cole and Bertrand but both pacey like Marcelo, but with Cahill and Azpilicueta I feel like they have the physical stature to be morphed by Mou to play physically. I have to be honest here, I feel our team have a younger lesser version of what Madrid have, we have similar players to them except Benzema(maybe Ba?). I mean Hazard-Ronaldo prolific wingers, Mata-Ozil heart of the playmaking, Moses-Di Maria not as close in playing style as other comparisons but both pacey, Mikel-Alonso calm handlers of the ball, Ramires-Khedira, Luiz-Pepe has tackler. I see it as:

????<Benzema

Hazard<Ronaldo

Mata<Ozil (slightly)

Moses<Di Maria

Mikel<<Alonso

Ramires=Khedira

Luiz<Pepe (slightly)

Ivan<Ramos

It seems as though we have some of the base aspects of a Mou team but are missing the details (some bigger than others) that would make us a top class team with Mou. But we are Chelsea, Mou can buy those details :D .

Ramires = Khedira? :blink:

What Madrid games have you been watching mate? They're both very fit and have insane amounts of stamina, but Ramires doesn't have the tactical awareness to perform the role Khedira does. Khedira is also a much better tackler.

Ramires = Khedia? :blink:

What Madrid games have you been watching mate? They're both very fit and have insane amounts of stamina, but Ramires doesn't have the tactical awareness to perform the role Khedira does. Khedira is also a much better tackler.

Haha, I knew this would happen, I said earlier I don't watch many of their games, I stick to BPL and Bundesliga, I'll change it.

Absolutely, but Mourinho is a winner and Chelsea wants to win, if there is one poissibility of him to return then we have to take it without thinking of the players at CFC, if we keep these players Mourinho will do well with them, of course he may change some (Maybe Moses & Oscar will play in a different role, Fellaini or any other will come) but in the end we are almost sure to play Champions League every season and to compete to the Premier League every season and that is the most important think, Mourinho loves the club, and the fans love him, he could be our SAF without any doubts.

????<Benzema

Hazard<Ronaldo

Mata<Ozil (slightly)

Moses<Di Maria

Mikel<<Alonso

Ramires=Khedira

Luiz<Pepe (slightly)

Ivan<Ramos

Terry in my mind was succesful under Mou for three reasons.

1. He is a world class CB reggardless.

2. Carvalho is a world class CB.

3. Carvalho + Terry is a perfect combination of contrasting defensive styles.

Mata is so much better than Ozil it's ridiculous. Ozil can not finish to save his life and is inconistent as anything.

Mikel is more simlar to Khedira than Ramires. Mikel would play in Khedira's position at Madrid. We have absolutely no one that plays like Alonso, that is why so many people want to sing Benat. De Bruyne could be like Alonso...

It's insane how many Madrid players have regressed this season. Ozil and Di Maria have been so terrible.

This is how I see Chelsea under Benetiz

Target Man (Ba)

Attacking Midfielder (Hazard) - Attacking Midfielder (Mata) - Winger (Moses)

Box To Box (Luiz) - Anchorman (Mikel)

Fullback (Cole) - Centreback (Cahill) - Centreback (Ivanovic) - Fullback (Azpilcueta)

Goalkeeper (Cech)

Going foward the team is strong albeit a tad unbalanced.

The midfield is very weak. There is no clever long passer. I actually think a partnership of Alonso (Benat) and Mikel would be brilliant.

The defence is very strong. I actually think Cahill and Ivanovic is a solid pairing not great, but I trust them more than the partnership of Pepe and Ramos (booth loose cannons like Luiz...).

And Cech is one of the best in his position. Easily top one.

I think yeh mouriho tactics is use for winning trophies,porto,chelsea,inter,madrid,see?madrid also gat some soft players.

Absolutely, but Mourinho is a winner and Chelsea wants to win, if there is one poissibility of him to return then we have to take it without thinking of the players at CFC, if we keep these players Mourinho will do well with them, of course he may change some (Maybe Moses & Oscar will play in a different role, Fellaini or any other will come) but in the end we are almost sure to play Champions League every season and to compete to the Premier League every season and that is the most important think, Mourinho loves the club, and the fans love him, he could be our SAF without any doubts.

This is a dangerous thought. Mourinho has a certain system that he like to employ. He is a counter attacking coach and with hazard oscar mata. Our team is designed to be more of possession based