The Mourinho Thread

Then who is? Pep G. Benitez? Ancelotti? Dick Advocat? LVG? AVB? Please tell us.

Well if the club wants to go with youth and spend less money then the best candidate is Klopp.

If they want to continue to challenge for trophy then the man is Mourinho.

So to me it depends what the club wants. And if the club wanted something else then why give Mourinho a 4 year contract?

Thus we will continue the same model and with that same model we must spend. Can't rely much on youth but spend money and Mourinho and the club has done little of this in this new season.

At Chelsea, we are well supposed to know that with every manager comes a period of crisis, we all know that from the last 10 years.

Now as a Chelsea fan, if that ever happens, there isn't any manager in the history of football I'd like to have other than Mourinho.

Call us blinded or whatever you want, but if I'm willing to put blind faith in someone, let it be Mourinho, I just know things will get better and we'll challenge for the title as we should again come the end of the season.

Well if the club wants to go with youth and spend less money then the best candidate is Klopp.

It's so strange that apparently only Mourinho is a "guarantee for trophies".

It's not that Klopp didn't play European finals and stuff. ;-)

He just had the bad luck his team wasn't very rich so they lost their best players nearly every season.

This would not be the case at Chelsea.

So to me it depends what the club wants. And if the club wanted something else then why give Mourinho a 4 year contract?

Thus we will continue the same model and with that same model we must spend. Can't rely much on youth but spend money and Mourinho and the club has done little of this in this new season.

Klopp? :D:D:D Forget I asked. You seriously think those kids are ready? We are not Sunderland trying to survive relegation you know. Those kids are three to four years away. At most, if we are aggressive, I'll say two years, which they are not.

He just had the bad luck his team wasn't very rich so they lost their best players nearly every season.

Really? We have over a thousand posts crying about who didn't buy this year. So please come again..

Really? We have over a thousand posts crying about who didn't buy this year. So please come again..

Chelsea never had to sell their best player because of a bigger club, with the possible exception of Robben.

You might not sign everyone you want, but at least you can keep a stable squad here.

Chelsea never had to sell their best player because of a bigger club, with the possible exception of Robben.

You might not sign everyone you want, but at least you can keep a stable squad here.

We have over another thousand posts suggesting that we are stagnated and should improve the squad. So if we are not buying and stagnated, how is that different from was described above as to the reason Klopp failed?

Well just because you do good with small budget doesn't mean you will work well with big budget.....

If we are going to spend money I rather keep Mourinho because he is already established in that with vast experience.

Klopp? :D:D:D Forget I asked. You seriously think those kids are ready? We are not Sunderland trying to survive relegation you know. Those kids are three to four years away. At most, if we are aggressive, I'll say two years, which they are not.

hmmmm not all at once, but if we use one or two each season and see how it goes. Surely it would be enough to get top 4.

Again like I said it depends what the club wants. And with giving Mourinho a 4 year contract it's clear what they want.

So it's a bit puzzling about the spending as of lately. Because Mourinho ain't a manager for youth.

We have over another thousand posts suggesting that we are stagnated and should improve the squad. So if we are not buying and stagnated, how is that different from was described above as to the reason Klopp failed?

We are buying. We've just brought in Baba and are linked with getting in Stones as well. It's different to what Klopp experienced at Dortmund because we aren't selling our best players every season.

People are complaining about the fact that we aren't addressing weaknesses in our squad that has been apparent from last season even - the RW and CM areas in particularly. They aren't complaining about us not spending any money because we are. It's just sad to see that we aren't strengthening in the areas where we need to.

I do agree the lack of respect shown to Jose sometimes is mondblowing, I mean this is the best manager in the club's history ffs, however I can fully understand the concern with performances.

Today was horrible, the only time I have seen teams rip us to shreds like that was funnily enough Barca and Bayern on the way to the CL trophy but for obvious reasons no one was really bothered, Swansea were the better team at The Bridge, the "vibe" just isn't very good at the minute, and this is coming from someone who alwaystrys to find positives.

Although I am still behind Jose, if I'm honest I've made peace with the fact this season is going to be a bit of a flop (in comparison to our expectations set by the board and Jose himself) but I'm hoping he can see through it and we can rectify the mistakes of this window (unless we have a late splurge) and set ourselves up for future years because luckily this team is still at a good enough age for us to rectify not refreshing it before we stagnate ala 10/11 again.

Can't disagree Tomoz, I'm not naive enough to think we're not without problems, for me there is clearly something amiss behind the scenes that us menials are not privy too. However my gut feeling is José is getting frustrated with the lack of activity in bolstering his squad, even us layman's know that after a title winning season you have to strengthen & we need 3 or 4 quality players.

Jose picks the team & he has to take responsibility, however some of our players look so far off the pace its untrue, JT got the hook at half time but both Cahill & Iva were equally as bad, we might as well played with 10 men as Fabregas went AWOL, the whole squad bar Begovic look out of sync at the mo, maybe it's true that the players won't reach peak condition til Sept with the extended holiday he gave everyone, we've had a tough start & I expect City to win the league this year so hopefully our season starts now!

If it were possible that all changed and we changed our mind for this summer market I think we need to do the following movements in the market.

Sales.

Ramires (Juventus).

2. Cuadrado (OUT!).

3. Mikel (I know, it is impossible ...)

Signings.

A right-back (a great right-back) (Coleman -I know, it's impossible, but I hate Martinez- or Fabinho) or a left-back as backup (maybe Alex Telles from Galatasaray) to play as a left-back Baba With Azpilicueta as right-back.

2. A defensive midfielder to play close to Matic in complicated matches (a new bus) or to be backup of Matic throughout the season. But a backup which comes to play, not to warm the bench. Maybe Willian Carvalho or Axel Witsel are the best options.

3. Another centre-back. John Stones... Zouma - Stones for the next decade since now.

4. MANDATORY. A creative CM or a magic N.10. This should be mandatory. In fact, if it were up to me, I would sign two creative players for the midfield. But it's impossible. So I would sign Isco because now Real Madrid will sign Kovacic and they have Kroos, Modric, James, Isco and Kovacic fighting for three positions in midfield and maybe he wants a change to play Euro 2016 in the starting eleven with Spain. Isco and Hazard together would be a holy madness.

But I think that Roman should be smart and sign Koke paying his clause (44 million pounds) and give him a good salary. Koke is exactly what we need now that Fabregas is missing. It is a relatively expensive signing, but it would be a strategic signing. But his signing is very complicated.

I do not know, but if Roman could read this .. he has to understand that we have a squad to fight to win every trophy but if we do 2/4 signings before the end of the market. We have a good team but it needs to be renewed to avoid monotony.

Or we react quickly in these last 15 market days ... or we are going to depend on the bus in the important moments.

Regards.

Five reasons to explain Chelsea’s slow start to the Premier League

I saw someone asked in this thread (if I remember correctly) if a personal issue is affecting Mourinho's mood and the Guardian link above mentioned that his father is having a serious illness at the moment (although obviously that can't be used as an excuse for the nonsense he's doing right now).