The Mourinho Thread

Mind games already started

Maybe hes trying to keep on the good side of the media? Hes had a easy ride off them this transfer session but I can see it changing.

I bet shortly there will be questions about Roman and purse strings and I pray to the footballing atoms we will beat those north London gits because if not I can see Mou getting a right bollocking from both the media and fans.

But we wont lose will we? WILL WE??? Mou-Clap_zpshur54m2r.gif

Maybe hes trying to keep on the good side of the media? Hes had a easy ride off them this transfer session but I can see it changing.

I bet shortly there will be questions about Roman and purse strings and I pray to the footballing atoms we will beat those north London gits because if not I can see Mou getting a right bollocking from both the media and fans.

But we wont lose will we? WILL WE???

Even though we all want the club to spend a little bit more, Mourinho has always emphasized the 'One Out One In' policy and our prudent approach in the transfer market. I don't see him providing any other response to the media or them causing 'trouble', unless he goes public about his unhappiness with our lack of spending.

Even though we all want the club to spend a little bit more, Mourinho has always emphasized the 'One Out One In' policy and our prudent approach in the transfer market. I don't see him providing any other response to the media or them causing 'trouble', unless he goes public about his unhappiness with our lack of spending.

Tho I dont agree with this newly found penny pinching ways mainly because of our sad lack of quality depth whats the matter with a One in One out policy?

Yes I hear your answer will be "he likes all our squad" but this is what I cant believe. Hes a much cleverer bloke than me and I can see we need help.

He also said numerous times pre season last year that he loved having team selection problems. The only time he had them is when we had injuries or suspensions. We dont have anyone on the bench really pushing for a place and that must be a one off in the PL. Alot of clubs have good options fighting for a place. Why cant we?

Tho I dont agree with this newly found penny pinching ways mainly because of our sad lack of quality depth whats the matter with a One in One out policy?

Yes I hear your answer will be "he likes all our squad" but this is what I cant believe. Hes a much cleverer bloke than me and I can see we need help.

He also said numerous times pre season last year that he loved having team selection problems. The only time he had them is when we had injuries or suspensions. We dont have anyone on the bench really pushing for a place and that must be a one off in the PL. Alot of clubs have good options fighting for a place. Why cant we?

Don't get me wrong. I certainly want us to spend more (and think Mourinho wants to as well) because certain areas in the squad need improvement but if the board insists on sticking with the 'One Out One In' policy and the prudent approach, then what can he do? He just has to put a brave face on and get on with it...unless he wants to start another 'war'.

Don't get me wrong. I certainly want us to spend more (and think Mourinho wants to as well) because certain areas in the squad need improvement but if the board insists on sticking with the 'One Out One In' policy and the prudent approach, then what can he do? He just has to put a brave face on and get on with it...unless he wants to start another 'war'.

I wonder who he had his contract negotiations with? Roman or Marina? Whoever it was they must have gone thru long term plans and expectancies for each side. Because I love the guy but Ive never imagined him being good as a penny pincher/bring them up thru the ranks kinda guy. Hes always PREFERRED where possible the 'complete' player. So its scaring me seeing this happen. Its his 3rd season and the last war didnt work out too well for us.

Said plenty of worrying things that I dont undrerstand.

But some things you just gotta smile at. Meh_zpsu2vfptj2.gif

for the midfield position he was perfect for us and worked really well in those big matches. We should really look for a replacement.

He did, but it was not enough to reject the offer we got for him.

My big question next year us Cesc in the big game's, now don't get me wrong I'm by no means in the group of he's a big game bottler, but if we sign a Witsel/Aranguiz he might be sacrificed, Matic, Witsel and Oscar would give us great balance in the big game's and we might see the 13/14 big game displays return.

Said plenty of worrying things that I dont undrerstand.

But some things you just gotta smile at. Meh_zpsu2vfptj2.gif

what kind of worrying things?

I'm starting to agree with @stroey about the hints here and there about Mourinho disagreement with the club's behavior in the transfer window.

YOUR EXPERIENCE AND RECORD SUGGEST THAT YOU WILL WIN IT EVENTUALLY AT CHELSEA...

If somebody comes in after me in a couple of years, gets a fantastic team and can improve it with a couple of new players and be champion, I’m happy with that too.

It's almost as if he's saying for him to win UCL he needs to improve the team with a couple of new players, and I'd agree that's necessary. There has been some subtle message between the lines that he isn't in agreement with the limited action in the transfer window. Last season and the one before he was blatantly saying the board got the players he needed. This season the tone changed. I hope it doesn't create any sort of friction between the club and José if that's the case. It's clear we need a couple more players to really be UCL contenders - I don't think we need them to win the league though. I'm very calm about the transfer window and I even believe it makes sense for us to keep the same winning team and win the league again. But we fell short in UCL last season and with the same team we will again imo. The thing UCL isn't a priority for me, so I don't mind it too much. But we do need improvement if we want to compete with the top dogs.

I doubt it there are some issues between Jose and the board. If we are talking about our lack of transfer activity, I would blame Mourinho stubbornness for it, rather than anything else.

I don't think after we just won the league, the board told Mourinho, 'Congratulation, Jose. You've done it. As a gift you can't buy anyone now'

He did, but it was not enough to reject the offer we got for him.

My big question next year us Cesc in the big game's, now don't get me wrong I'm by no means in the group of he's a big game bottler, but if we sign a Witsel/Aranguiz he might be sacrificed, Matic, Witsel and Oscar would give us great balance in the big game's and we might see the 13/14 big game displays return.

Yeah that was one of our best counter attacking games under Mourinho's second spell. And I honestly think THAT is the football he really wants, not parking the bus like Atleti away.

Luiz in midfield was KEY in those performances. Matic-Luiz combo dominated City away and Arsenal at home (6-0).

A few days later we played the same group. (City Fa cup) But Mikel instead of Luiz in midfield, and Luiz instead of JT in defence and suddenly we lost the control in midfield (plus clown Luiz instead of solid JT).

So I hope we can find someone similar or even better, Witsel might be that person as he's more natural there plus has some other skills.

We played with Luiz-Matic-Rambo-Willian-Eden-Eto'o in that game.

If you want to have the same effect, we can play: Witsel-Matic-Rambo-Willian-Eden-Costa.

But I am not a fan of dropping Cesc, his brain is faster than Willian's legs, sees a pass within seconds and is the only player who could give the killer/final pass to our runners.

So I really want to see this next season:

Matic-Witsel-Willian-Cesc-Eden-Costa

Just one signing, come on!

Yeah that was one of our best counter attacking games under Mourinho's second spell. And I honestly think THAT is the football he really wants, not parking the bus like Atleti away.

Luiz in midfield was KEY in those performances. Matic-Luiz combo dominated City away and Arsenal at home (6-0).

A few days later we played the same group. But Mikel instead of Luiz in midfield, and Luiz instead of JT in defence and suddenly we lost the control in midfield (plus clown Luiz instead of solid JT).

So I hope we can find someone similar or even better, Witsel might be that person as he's more natural there plus has some other skills.

We played with Luiz-Matic-Rambo-Willian-Eden-Eto'o in that game.

If you want to have the same effect, we can play: Witsel-Matic-Rambo-Willian-Eden-Costa.

But I am not a fan of dropping Cesc, his brain is faster than Willian's legs, sees a pass within seconds and is the only player who could give the killer/final pass to our runners.

So I really want to see this next season:

Matic-Witsel-Willian-Cesc-Eden-Costa

Just one signing, come on!

Only one midfield signing would be the difference between being confident against champions League teams or getting doubtful and hoping for luck