The Mourinho Thread

I'm not taking away your right to have an opinion, I just think there's too much stuff I consider crazy in this thread, and for my own benefit I'll stop reading it. People will jump all sharks and while your post isn't crazy, as a Real Madrid fan I'll tell you it's completely inaccurate and I have many RM friends who agree with me and who are missing Mourinho there dearly. So why keep reading a thread only to be annoyed by most things said here? It's a personal problem I have, I'm not saying people should stop posting, I'll just stop reading because most I read here is overreaction... but for others it's not so to each their own.

But back to your post... so winning the UCL is that easy right? You just have to sign a manager and a couple of new guys and plim, the title is yours for the take? Then why it took Bayern three finals to win it again? Why Barcelona was humiliated by Bayern, why ManU was kicked out in Rof16 and groups stage in the last two years? Those were teams that entered the competition to win it, why didn't they? Why did Barcelona and Bayern lose to us two seasons ago? Oh that's right, because knock-out competitions can be unpredictable and there are a few top clubs other than RM playing it every year and clubs that have a great tradition on winning it and making finals.

Mourinho improved the team, his system worked as long as he had the players with him him. Only when there was a split in the group between pro-Mourinho (not even pro, but players who weren't against him, and just wanted to keep winning) and against-Mourinho players shit hit the fan and there was no way that team would win anything. It was divided and it was their fall. Mourinho's RM played much better than Carlo's RM does, and the squad was only improved since José left (although I'm not sure Bale + Isco makes up for Ozil leaving). RM is already 5 points behind a struggling Barcelona in La Liga, why is that?

We completely dominated Spain in the 2011/12 season, we handed Barcelona their ass that season and they struggled last season against us again. I'm not saying Mourinho was (or is) flawless or the manager he used to be in the past, and while saying he failed at RM is arguable, saying his system didn't work is completely unfair and untrue. RM played amazing football for two years under him, it was a pleasure to watch that team and on occasion and very specific matches we had oppositions that either played better than us or we were unlucky. I can talk about RM because I've watched around 90% of their matches in Mourinho's first two seasons and early last season before I was disgusted by Sergio Ramos, Casillas among others fuckers in the group that thought they were bigger than everything, including Real Madrid.

To make a comparison, I rate Mourinho's RM a 8,5/9 team. I rate Mourinho's Chelsea a scrappy 6.

perhaps I am inaccurate when assessing RM and specially Mourinho at RM, but once again, that's not my point. I don't care who the manager is, but if you give him scrappy squad he will play scrappy football. RM are so big that you just can't attribute all success they have or had to a single manager.

Of course winning the CL is no easy feat, but Bayern has been making it to the finals very consistently; to me that's more of a sign of a system than a sporadic win like we did. How many CL did Barcelona win, or reached the finals in the last 10 years? no single player can give you that - only a successful system can. The same system that has been successful for Spain at international level, and the same system that has been failing them, at club and international level too. Perhaps the players, like you said, are indeed getting old.

I'm not taking away your right to have an opinion, I just think there's too much stuff I consider crazy in this thread, and for my own benefit I'll stop reading it. People will jump all sharks and while your post isn't crazy, as a Real Madrid fan I'll tell you it's completely inaccurate and I have many RM friends who agree with me and who are missing Mourinho there dearly. So why keep reading a thread only to be annoyed by most things said here? It's a personal problem I have, I'm not saying people should stop posting, I'll just stop reading because most I read here is overreaction... but for others it's not so to each their own.

But back to your post... so winning the UCL is that easy right? You just have to sign a manager and a couple of new guys and plim, the title is yours for the take? Then why it took Bayern three finals to win it again? Why Barcelona was humiliated by Bayern, why ManU was kicked out in Rof16 and groups stage in the last two years? Those were teams that entered the competition to win it, why didn't they? Why did Barcelona and Bayern lose to us two seasons ago? Oh that's right, because knock-out competitions can be unpredictable and there are a few top clubs other than RM playing it every year and clubs that have a great tradition on winning it and making finals.

Mourinho improved the team, his system worked as long as he had the players with him him. Only when there was a split in the group between pro-Mourinho (not even pro, but players who weren't against him, and just wanted to keep winning) and against-Mourinho players shit hit the fan and there was no way that team would win anything. It was divided and it was their fall. Mourinho's RM played much better than Carlo's RM does, and the squad was only improved since José left (although I'm not sure Bale + Isco makes up for Ozil leaving). RM is already 5 points behind a struggling Barcelona in La Liga, why is that?

We completely dominated Spain in the 2011/12 season, we handed Barcelona their ass that season and they struggled last season against us again. I'm not saying Mourinho was (or is) flawless or the manager he used to be in the past, and while saying he failed at RM is arguable, saying his system didn't work is completely unfair and untrue. RM played amazing football for two years under him, it was a pleasure to watch that team and on occasion and very specific matches we had oppositions that either played better than us or we were unlucky. I can talk about RM because I've watched around 90% of their matches in Mourinho's first two seasons and early last season before I was disgusted by Sergio Ramos, Casillas among others fuckers in the group that thought they were bigger than everything, including Real Madrid.

To make a comparison, I rate Mourinho's RM a 8,5/9 team. I rate Mourinho's Chelsea a scrappy 6.

I don't understand how you can be fans of many European teams?

When they play each other on the Champions League you can't be loving both.....

perhaps I am inaccurate when assessing RM and specially Mourinho at RM, but once again, that's not my point. I don't care who the manager is, but if you give him scrappy squad he will play scrappy football. RM are so big that you just can't attribute all success they have or had to a single manager.

Of course winning the CL is not easy feat, but Bayern has been making it to the finals very consistently; to me that's more of a sign of a system than a sporadic win like we did. How many CL did Barcelona win, or reached the finals in the last 10 years? no single player can give you that - only a successful system can. The same system that has been successful for Spain at international level, and the same system that has been failing them, at club and international level too. Perhaps the players, like you said, are indeed getting old.

now this is something I agree with. I just don't think three SF in a row is a bad result, especially for a team just as Galactico as this one that had a streak of 8 R16 eliminations. We have a scrappy team now imo because of age, deficiency in some zones in the pitch and Mourinho's mistakes too. But I guess the system is alright, it's been only a few months, Bayern and Barcelona took nearly a decade to start getting the fruits of their philosophy.

I don't understand how you can be fans of many European teams?

When they play each other on the Champions League you can't be loving both.....

Chances of them meeting each other aren't that great and it doesn't happen very often. But I do have a priority list: Chelsea >> Real Madrid >> Inter (although for as long as Perez is there, it's Inter >> RM because I don't approve of what he does to RM, he's destroying our club!). And Flamengo (Brazil side) ahead of all of those. Most Chelsea European fans also have a team they support in their country. I don't see a problem, but I respect those who see it and can't imagine themselves supporting more than one team.

I've started supporting Flamengo at age 2 when 1982 Brazil NT came to play in my hometown and Zico held me, my mother took me to watch football since early age, when he held me and I said I'd want to support his team.

My passion for football started after it, ofc, two years is too young, but about 7 I was a full-time Flamengo fan. At age 8 I started watching Italian football with my uncle. I started supporting Inter although he wanted me to be a Juventus fan. It was about 25 years ago. Then when I was around 13 I started watching La Liga... and around 10-11 years ago I started supporting Chelsea.

Thing is I like Chelsea and English football much more, despite being the most recent passion. There's no league in the world as EPL. So it's a life of loving a sport and getting interest in new leagues. I can't help myself.

Mourinho -- "I think, to prepare Chelseas new team for about a decade, the same way as Chelseas old team for almost a decade. I dont think Chelsea can have a better manager than I am. I think Im the right person to do the job".

"Next season, Chelsea will have a phenomenal team. Between the work we are doing [on] the evolution of the players and a couple of clinical signings. When you buy 2 clinical players to complete the puzzle you're building, I think that CFC next season will have a very good team."

Agree with him on the latter.

Most people on here believe that our team is very unbalanced but I disagree. Said it at the start of the season that we're probably 2 or 3 signings away from a complete squad which isn't as bad as people are trying to make it out to be.

Completely agree. I am inclined to think we will take the slow and thorough route: not buying in january and very strategically filling the gaps during the summer.

Most people on here believe that our team is very unbalanced but I disagree. Said it at the start of the season that we're probably 2 or 3 signings away from a complete squad which isn't as bad as people are trying to make it out to be.

2-3 signings that actually work. Only time can tell.

Well, 2 or 3 signings in the summer, represents around 60 or more millions.

Then, Jose´s team will whip anybody, he says. LOL.

Since he claims he is the best, no one comes close to him...I can´t believe this arrogance.

A striker for £30m min, a mid for £15m min, a CB for £15m min :clown:

As mentioned...@The only place to be, those 2 or 3 signings form the spine of our future team.

We have had issues in central midfield for a number of seasons...yet rather than fix the problem, we decided to buy a young kid in MvG and bring back an ageing Essien.

Well, 2 or 3 signings in the summer, represents around 60 or more millions.

Then, Jose´s team will whip anybody, he says. LOL.

Since he claims he is the best, no one comes close to him...I can´t believe this arrogance.

Perhaps you'd prefer Wenger then...