The Mourinho Thread

I agree that Jose is now really mentally ill. In sports people never talk about the mental aspect, it's always physical health, which makes sense considering it's the bodies they throw on the line, but if there was more consideration regarding mental health, a lot of footballers & managers wouldn't even be allowed to participate. Their doctors wouldn't allow it, the club would try and enforce the contract, and a whole clusterfuck would follow likely ending in termination and fees.

In Jose's case though, I think he's got the sort of illness that doesn't go away. A deep rooted narcissism which was probably founded on the insecurity of having to live up to his dad's expectations. I'm sure that if Jose was raised by a mother who wasn't into football, yet still went on to get his coaching badges etc. and do what he did, he wouldn't care for United. He's a man obsessed with giving a spiritual gift to someone he loves. Which in most cases, like music, the art world and such, is admirable. But doing that to a fanbase of millions which is littered with goofs? It isn't so well recieved. 

1 hour ago, Darogba said:

Post 242 by the poster named "twigginator" is perfect. Theyre picking on him but he speaks the most sense.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/when-does-mourinhos-job-come-under-threat.423360/page-7

Lmaooooo what a great post. It looks like a post from a Chelsea forum last year.

I think saying Mourinho is mentally ill is a little bit over the top. I just think he's burnt out working in a high pressured environment all the time has taken it's toll. His days as a top manager are coming to an end and I think he knows it hence the erratic behaviour with us and now Man United. You can't blame Eden Hazard for being pissed off with him Hazard virtually won us the title single handedly yet Mourinho would constantly snipe at him. Also he's getting to sound uncomfortably like Donald Trump with his ridiculous conspiracy theories.

27 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I think saying Mourinho is mentally ill is a little bit over the top. I just think he's burnt out working in a high pressured environment all the time has taken it's toll. His days as a top manager are coming to an end and I think he knows it hence the erratic behaviour with us and now Man United. You can't blame Eden Hazard for being pissed off with him Hazard virtually won us the title single handedly yet Mourinho would constantly snipe at him. Also he's getting to sound uncomfortably like Donald Trump with his ridiculous conspiracy theories.

I don't disagree on your post but I would say that Diego and Cesc did as much as Hazard that season.

29 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I just think he's burnt out working in a high pressured environment all the time has taken it's toll.

I get the same impression. Once he's done with United I hope he takes a sabbatical, there isn't a manager in the world who needs it more than he does.

Don't want to jinx it but our recent performances and results are really putting a huge spotlight on Mourinho's management and even more so with the way United are doing. Conte is managing basically same set of players and getting far better results and performances than Mourinho did last season.

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

Don't want to jinx it but our recent performances and results are really putting a huge spotlight on Mourinho's management and even more so with the way United are doing. Conte is managing basically same set of players and getting far better results and performances than Mourinho did last season.

People saying to give him two seasons or two transfer window. 

Before I was a bit worried, now I'm like please do it! 

17 minutes ago, Mana said:

That isn't surprising since he bought Eto'o for us.

But seriously, United should have stuck with LvG. LvG was inconsistent, but he was still building the team. He made Rashford and Martial. One more year with him and United could have gone somewhere. Now look what Mourinho has done to them. Playing out of position in favour for Zlatan who currently couldn't hit a barn door. Zlatan has an ego, and Mourinho wouldn't want to mess with his ego so he'll always be in the starting XI.

Mourinho maybe one of the most successful managers in history, but just like LvG his time is over. 

I mean 1 goal scored throughout October...that's BAD.

No, they should have gone head to head with us for Antonio, but thankfully they didn't think of him. Basically Conte is everything we were hoping Jose would have been when he came back.

22 minutes ago, Mana said:

He may have bought Eto'o for us but at least he knew how and when to use him. With Ibrahimovic, it's a different story altogether. It's just silly to use a 35-year-old as the main striker, especially for a club like United and Ibrahimovic might have his strengths but his obvious lack of dynamism, pace, mobility is hurting United. It makes them predictable and have to play almost everything through Ibrahimovic.

23 hours ago, Darogba said:

Post 242 by the poster named "twigginator" is perfect. Theyre picking on him but he speaks the most sense.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/when-does-mourinhos-job-come-under-threat.423360/page-7

True. But we shouldn't be laughing at them too much, because some of us are just as hypocrite as they are now. When he was here and he was successfull, we weren't bothered by his antics. Now he's a "deluded man with psychological issues" :D 

On the other hand, it's funny how everytime he fails, his devoted fans blame it on the players. Happened at Madrid, Chelsea and now United. 

9 hours ago, Mana said:

But seriously, United should have stuck with LvG. LvG was inconsistent, but he was still building the team. He made Rashford and Martial. One more year with him and United could have gone somewhere. Now look what Mourinho has done to them. Playing out of position in favour for Zlatan who currently couldn't hit a barn door. Zlatan has an ego, and Mourinho wouldn't want to mess with his ego so he'll always be in the starting XI.

Mourinho maybe one of the most successful managers in history, but just like LvG his time is over. 

I mean 1 goal scored throughout October...that's BAD.

I wouldn't say his time is over yet. 

The guy is a winner and always will be a winner...but his approach towards coaching doesn't fit this United squad at all. 

It will be interesting to see how this season progresses as United don't look anything like a top-4 challenging side  

4 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I wouldn't say his time is over yet. 

The guy is a winner and always will be a winner...but his approach towards coaching doesn't fit this United squad at all. 

It will be interesting to see how this season progresses as United don't look anything like a top-4 challenging side  

If Mourinho's time isn't over yet, then it will be over soon if he continues with the same approach, management style. It's obvious that all the things he's doing/he's done aren't effective as before. Only have to look at what's happening at United, what happened last season, and compare his trophy haul in the last 6 years with the 6 years prior to that.

United have a really good squad in fairness, their potential is frighteningly good and with proper management they'd be right up there. Luckily Mourinho doesn't know what to do with it because he is only capable of thinking short term, instant success is the only way he knows to boost his ego.

As demonstrated by the treatment of Martial, their future, in favour of a 35yo, symbolising the instant gratification Mou craves for:
United disrespected Anthony Martial by handing his number 9 shirt to Zlatan Ibrahimovic, says agent

24 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Not all of us.

I remember even during our winning run of the title some of us was not satisfied with certain things . Totally different right now with Conte after battering Everton . 

I used to like Mourinho a lot but I started to fell out with him after the tito eye poking incident . It's like that event cascade everything to follow .