The Mourinho Thread

16 hours ago, Fernando said:

I hope he continues with felaini so the United fans can feel the pain we had with Ivanovic. 😁

Was Fellaini injured at half time or was it a tactical change?

If it's the latter that rules that theory out sadly.

6 hours ago, Fernando said:

I think he might go to PSG and that might be good for him.

He needs to get away from the pressure that is the PL and Ligue 1 will do just fine to build up his ego once more. 

psg have always favoured stylish football.

and emery over mourinho anyday.

I'm rewatching the game laughing my ass off now! This MF really had Lingaard and Rashford playing as auxiliary fullbacks for the majority of the 1st half! Imagine the gall to do that in a club with the prestige of Man United. I don't even think he was that brazen here at Chelsea with his insane defensive (cowardly) "tactics". It's like he doesn't even care anymore. I wonder what Alex Ferguson thought of that cowardly shitshow.

32 minutes ago, Captain Ahmed said:

JM last 40 games

Lost: 21
Drawn: 12
Won: 7

That's sad. I was just thinking a bit earlier, that the whole situation is sad really. He is so angry and even looks ill these days, I cannot recognize the confident and bold Jose of before. He looks totally shattered, his increasingly aggressive comments and behaviour are a sign of lack of confidence in himself and it has forced him to go on the defensive. Real truly broke him. For the first time he was at a place where he wasn't adored, where he wasn't managing the outsiders anymore, where the us against the world rhetoric didn't work anymore, and had very heavy expectations on him from the get go with any kind of failure going under heavy scrutiny. It seems to have truly broken him, I take no real joy in his demise, after all it's still the same Jose Mourinho who absolutely without a doubt deservedly is a legend here. I just wish he had gone somewhere abroad, taken on another outsider team with potential where his methods would have worked and where he wouldn't have so much constant pressure. 

6 hours ago, Captain Ahmed said:

JM last 40 games

Lost: 21
Drawn: 12
Won: 7

:lol: His results haven't been that bad (yet?). He's already won 7 games with United and when you add his games with us from last season in, then he's definitely won more than 7.

The correct numbers are - P40 W17 D8 L15 (excluding Community Shield and friendlies).

5 hours ago, Jason said:

:lol: His results haven't been that bad (yet?). He's already won 7 games with United and when you add his games with us from last season in, then he's definitely won more than 7.

The correct numbers are - P40 W17 D8 L15 (excluding Community Shield and friendlies).

I think he was talking about PL games only. I've seen this floating around social media pages.

51 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Stories of surprise from the players regarding his hands off approach in training doing the rounds in the media today.

Already starting to gather momentum the frustration me thinks.

Link? Can't quite understand what you mean by hands off approach.

That united performance was so predictable in their play was baffling, looked exactly like us last season, I particularly remember us playing exactly that way against PSG when they went down to 10 men. If we as fans can predict that mourinho will try to lock up right and will throw crosses at left to Zlatan to attack azpi and come game time that is exactly what he ends up doing , i believe that is some serious problem for mourinho. Conte absolutely battered him tactically.

Now that we've all enjoyed the win and got some good banter against manutd fans, I kind of feel bad for Mourinho. I used to love him especially after the Benitez period and wanted him badly to come back.

But I know Mourinho enough over the years to predict his style and tactics now. He doesn't train patterns of play and attack situations with his teams, he doesn't build cohesion in build up play. What he does is to change his tactics to attack weakness of the other team and defend against their attack.

This style was perfect in the past when other managers didn't have huge tactical knowledge and access to lots of tactical information compared to now. But now, top managers have a philosophy where they are so tactical and cohesive in their style while having many avenues to be dangerous and Mourinho's tactics of only training players on how to stop the next opponent within few days is harder than it used to be. When it fails, like the opponent scoring first then they cannot attack effectively because they haven't practiced patterns of attack, all they trained with the coach is how to defend and because of this, they look clueless, without an identity, looking like players playing for the first time. 

He is now officially behind in tactics compared to many managers and I'm worried for him that if he fails badly at manutd, that could well be his last big managerial role considering that big teams now want attacking team football. It will be sad to see of someone I used to like fall from grace. 

2 hours ago, Azpinator said:

I think he was talking about PL games only. I've seen this floating around social media pages.

It's still wrong. He's already won 4 league games with United and he won 4 last season. That's already 8 wins. His record in the last 40 PL games reads W18 D9 L13.

13 hours ago, manpe said:

That's sad. I was just thinking a bit earlier, that the whole situation is sad really. He is so angry and even looks ill these days, I cannot recognize the confident and bold Jose of before. He looks totally shattered, his increasingly aggressive comments and behaviour are a sign of lack of confidence in himself and it has forced him to go on the defensive. Real truly broke him. For the first time he was at a place where he wasn't adored, where he wasn't managing the outsiders anymore, where the us against the world rhetoric didn't work anymore, and had very heavy expectations on him from the get go with any kind of failure going under heavy scrutiny. It seems to have truly broken him, I take no real joy in his demise, after all it's still the same Jose Mourinho who absolutely without a doubt deservedly is a legend here. I just wish he had gone somewhere abroad, taken on another outsider team with potential where his methods would have worked and where he wouldn't have so much constant pressure. 

Doing that would be just taking the easy way out. All the problems he's had in the last few years, he brought them upon himself. It's so obvious that his aggressive and controversial style of management and not to mention, his uninspiring football, haven't been working for years but for some reason, he continues to persist with it. Either he's stubbornly trying to prove everyone wrong or he's seriously unable to change his ways. Only he can save his own legacy in football.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Doing that would be just taking the easy way out. All the problems he's had in the last few years, he brought them upon himself. It's so obvious that his aggressive and controversial style of management and not to mention, his uninspiring football, haven't been working for years but for some reason, he continues to persist with it. Either he's stubbornly trying to prove everyone wrong or he's seriously unable to change his ways. Only he can save his own legacy in football.

I think thats a bit of an overstatement. I mean, we did win the league just two seasons ago.

2 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

I think thats a bit of an overstatement. I mean, we did win the league just two seasons ago.

We may have won the league in 2015, but on the bigger picture, can you really say all those aforementioned things are still working for him? He had major issues at Real, then with us and now seemingly with United.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

We may have won the league in 2015, but on the bigger picture, can you really say all those aforementioned things are still working for him? He had major issues at Real, then with us and now seemingly with United.

It didn't work last season, and it's not working so far for United, but something obviously worked in 2015. Maybe they won in spite of Mourinho, but I believe it takes the whole club to win a league title. Just as I blame him for much of what happened last season, I still give him much credit for winning the league.

Aside from that, I'm just glad we've moved on and are looking much better than United. Last weekend made it pretty obvious that Mourinho's tactics were a major culprit last season.