The Mourinho Thread

1 hour ago, LDN Blue said:

His time in Spain was really a turning point I think. His internal battles with the Real board and players as well as external spats with Barcelona really drove him mad. At Real his Barcelona obsession was damaging, in Italy and England pre-2006 was inspiring. 

In hindsight it was always an implosion waiting to happen. No fans can be blame for getting caught up in the excitement but the writing was on the wall.. Early into the Cech saga I told @Kieran. that this issue was the first crack in the wall and cracks only get wider. It was a crack in Mourinho. 

Now he's hungry, he'll probably go great things at his next club but who knows if he's ready to change the way he will. Can't imagine him lasting too long at United if he picks a battle with Charlton and co. 

Oh man how right you were......

11 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

My bad about Iheanacho. Fair enough about Traore. Iheanacho and traore seem to be the same situation. Thats why I dont use Traore in the list of Zouma, Kenedy, Baba multi million buy list. Despite having nothing to play for since December, traore has 380 senior minutes while Iheanacho has about 1000 minutes. While pelegrini is using Iheanacho ahead of bony, jose had the likes of falcao and remy ahead of traore. WHy? (lets not take the argument to gus, because in all honesty, i think he has done a worse job than Jose). 

Perhaps Traore is not as good as you think he is. To be honest, I'm far from impressed. Kenedy is the only kid I was only impressed during this season. RLC looks meh, and Traore lacks intensity. As soon as he was introduced in that PSG game, our team lost all attacking power and our chances were dead in that moment. 

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

Perhaps Traore is not as good as you think he is. To be honest, I'm far from impressed. Kenedy is the only kid I was only impressed during this season. RLC looks meh, and Traore lacks intensity. As soon as he was introduced in that PSG game, our team lost all attacking power and our chances were dead in that moment. 

Mate, to be fair to traore, everyone except for Diego was pathetic on the day. I would not blame traore for the lack of intensity. I would blame the "leaders" on the pitch for that.

RLC has been very impressive for me. His performance against CIty was brilliant.

If the inevitable does happen and Jose goes to united i will take the Jose line on lampard joining City.

"Frank Lampard is a Manchester City player, When he decided to go to a direct competitor then love stories are over." 

Guess no time for sentiment/love  when hes trying to dismantle your season from the Red Devil side.

17 minutes ago, Styles said:

LOL at his comments about Leicester / Ranieri. The king of all narcissist never fails to get a plug in for himself.

It's funny because what he said earlier about Ranieri (never won something important etc) ... as of today what Ranieri's done has eclipsed whatever Mourinho's done in terms of the memorability of it in England at least.

Talking about Mourinho is very sensible for me and makes me  angry. The Special One is the Special One. See him going to another team than Chelsea  makes me feel me  fucking sad and crazy. I try to forget but it's impossible to forget José.Don't take it personally Blues Boys,it's just a little period that will pass....

49 minutes ago, manpe said:

It would be polite to quote or link what you're talking about, but nevermind, I'll look it up myself.

I believe Styles is talking about this...

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/leicester-city/story/2864183/jose-mourinho-congratulates-leicester-claudio-ranieri-on-title-win

"I want to congratulate everyone connected to Leicester; players, staff, owners and fans," Mourinho is quoted by the Daily Mirror as telling CAA Sports.

"I lost my title to Claudio Ranieri and it is with incredible emotion that I live this magic moment in his career."

Styles and Madmax are talking about that.

José Mourinho has never been tender with Claudio Ranieri. When the  two coaches officiated in Italy, the Portuguese at Inter and the Italian at Juventus, the Special One said: "he has the mentality of someone who didn't need to win, he has almost seventy years, he won a Supercoppa and perhaps another small cut. '' He is too old to change the mentality. »
Ranieri taking revenge on his rival, which has been transferred in middle of the season after a defeat to Leicester, since he just won the Premier League title.  "I want to congratulate all the people of Leicester, players, staff, owners and fans. I gave up my title to Claudio Ranieri and I lived this magical moment with an incredible emotion. » is what the Special One said....

Foot Mercato

He needs to learn from Simeone. 

That is what Mourinho used to be all about till his ego got to him and forgot who he is. 

Before it was all about the team and putting them up in a pedestal. Before he could take average players and bring out the best. 

Now he just throws players under the bus and loses the dressing room. 

He needs to humble himself and go back to his roots if he is to be as successful as before. 

That is whats making Simeone good now, takes not so high quality players and gets them going as a team. Puts them on a pedestal and don't lose the dressing room. 

7 minutes ago, Fernando said:

That is what Mourinho used to be all about till his ego got to him and forgot who he is. 

Before it was all about the team and putting them up in a pedestal. Before he could take average players and bring out the best. 

He needs to humble himself and go back to his roots if he is to be as successful as before. 

That is whats making Simeone good now, takes not so high quality players and gets them going as a team. Puts them on a pedestal and don't lose the dressing room. 

Wishing that A.Conte have not the same approach that Mourinho.

37 minutes ago, Fernando said:

This is what Mourinho used to be before joining Real Madrid :(

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

Before he could take average players and bring out the best.

He did it last season, when we won the fourth title in the Premier League era. The third with him at the helm.
Up until now Simeone has never been in charge of players that didn't want to spit blood for him.