The Mourinho Thread

Wow who would have thought all players have to defend?! And that our problems are not just in D!

W have players in poor form, but their mistakes are made worse by the lack of teamwork. Or their collective lack of form is hurting teamwork - goes both ways.

We were in the same situation 2 seasons back. Luiz got replaced by Gary in D and nothing really changed until the protection got sorted eventually.

Point being is that the selection is less important than the unity, tactics, and teamwork. Sort that and even ivanovic will perform better. Sometimes replacing a player in bad form hurts unity because the other players may think they are next... Sometimes that's a good thing sometimes it isn't - spec when confidence is low.

I don't know if ppl around here are that naive to think that with a sub here and there, or by bringing Moses back, we'd be top of the league, but I suspect it's just wishful thinking. Thankfully football is bit more nuanced than that.

That's the definition of insanity according to Einstein.

read the above post man.

it would hurt the team unity. forget the fact that our players wont put in any fight cos players like remy, baba, RLC would already know what their fate would be in team selection. forget the fact that someone like moses would currently be a better player to be on pitch than willian or hazard in this form, and forget the fact that people would simply stop fighting for their places in the team when they know irrespective of everything, what the starting 11 is.

we should simply play the same 11 so as not to hurt the "confidence".

i guess einstien was a MORON wrapped in an idiot.

Roman Abramovich MAKE Eva Carneiro THE CHELSEA FC MANAGER AND WHOEVER SCORES THE MOST GOALS AND ASSISTS GET THE PUSSY AND OR GETS THE CHELSEA FC GANGBANG LEADER'S ARMBAND.

What an unfortunate and disrespectful comment towards Eva.

What an unfortunate and disrespectful comment towards Eva.

i didn't mean it. i just posted it just for the sake of it. if you haven't noticed by now. most of my posts on this forum are mostly just for taking the piss or attention seeking. if you are easily offended or take offense to things easily and that is not my problem because i find these types of forums pointless because everyone on here think their thoughts or opinions are better and correct and think their post makes any difference because none of us here can run the club. we just sit here and post all day long on this forum and it won't make a difference in what the club does or achieves on the pitch.

read the above post man.

it would hurt the team unity. forget the fact that our players wont put in any fight cos players like remy, baba, RLC would already know what their fate would be in team selection. forget the fact that someone like moses would currently be a better player to be on pitch than willian or hazard in this form, and forget the fact that people would simply stop fighting for their places in the team when they know irrespective of everything, what the starting 11 is.

we should simply play the same 11 so as not to hurt the "confidence".

i guess einstien was a MORON wrapped in an idiot.

Just to be clear once again, you are saying (with all the elegance we know you for) that all underperforming players should have been replaced by youngsters and squad players, which at this time would mean at least half of the team, to play in the premiere league against millionaires.... Really?!

It's not that I find the whole idea crazy, but rather that it has been done/tried before and it never works. I've seen it done a number of times and it fails for a number of reasons including the obvious fact that the senior players, highest salaries, hold power (again in a number of ways).

So what you want cant happen.

Btw did you watch the video? Do you think team selection is the only variable? Do you think really that Jose is not making changes even though the same players start? Wow!

Just to be clear once again, you are saying (with all the elegance we know you for) that all underperforming players should have been replaced by youngsters and squad players, which at this time would mean at least half of the team, to play in the premiere league against millionaires.... Really?!

It's not that I find the whole idea crazy, but rather that it has been done/tried before and it never works. I've seen it done a number of times and it fails for a number of reasons including the obvious fact that the senior players, highest salaries, hold power (again in a number of ways).

So what you want cant happen.

Btw did you watch the video? Do you think team selection is the only variable? Do you think really that Jose is not making changes even though the same players start? Wow!

baba is a 21 million signing. multi millionaire.

bego

azpi-zouma-GC-baba

matic-rlc

pedro-oscar/willian-hazard

remy

replace a 9mil iva with 21 million baba, replace a 32mil costa with 10mil remy. replace a 27 mil cesc with a youth player (but the best possible option is rambo is injured).

hardly seems like making wholesale changes. just seems the obvious thing to do.

and yes, i do think that team selection is the MAIN variable here. what changes has jose made? tibo was suspended so got bego in? jt was suspended so got zouma in. oscar and rambo were injured so got mikel in?

cesc and iva have been our worst players by a light year and still start every game.

if what i want cant happen or the best manager in the world cant drop 3 of the most under-performing players, then well, we can stop calling him the best manager in teh world. remember saf. remember beckham, nisterlooy, keane, rooney? thats how a manager is... not someone who keeps playing his favourite or probably the player who has more rating in fifa. he does what is best for the team.

PS - if he does not want to play kids against "millionaires", what is mvg/pasalic doing on loan? what is moses doing on loan?

baba is a 21 million signing. multi millionaire.

bego

azpi-zouma-GC-baba

matic-rlc

pedro-oscar/willian-hazard

remy

replace a 9mil iva with 21 million baba, replace a 32mil costa with 10mil remy. replace a 27 mil cesc with a youth player (but the best possible option is rambo is injured).

hardly seems like making wholesale changes. just seems the obvious thing to do.

and yes, i do think that team selection is the MAIN variable here. what changes has jose made? tibo was suspended so got bego in? jt was suspended so got zouma in. oscar and rambo were injured so got mikel in?

cesc and iva have been our worst players by a light year and still start every game.

if what i want cant happen or the best manager in the world cant drop 3 of the most under-performing players, then well, we can stop calling him the best manager in teh world. remember saf. remember beckham, nisterlooy, keane, rooney? thats how a manager is... not someone who keeps playing his favourite or probably the player who has more rating in fifa. he does what is best for the team.

PS - if he does not want to play kids against "millionaires", what is mvg/pasalic doing on loan? what is moses doing on loan?

If the team selection is the Main variable like you say, how did the same players won the league last season? You see the problem with your reasoning here?

If the team selection is the Main variable like you say, how did the same players won the league last season? You see the problem with your reasoning here?

is this a joke?

do u understand the concept of form? the concept of passion, motivation?

these players currently have none of the 3 above attributes. and that is when players need to be dropped. let them regain their form. give them some time off. lower the pressure on their heads and shoulders.

i actually cant believe some one can ask this question. damn!!!

The two biggest differences between this season and last season are: 1) Lack of teamwork/laziness of the ball and 2) Opponents figuring out our weaknesses and exploiting them

We don't have a Plan B...and neither of our creative players have been able to bail us out this season with a goal/assist

I'm sure mourinho shares the same mentality and line of reasoning as you and that's precisely why we are in this mess. Continue to play out of form, Demotivated and under performing players. Brilliant idea. Do the same things over and over and expect different result is just sheer genius.

I thought we had already established that we don't have a squad but a team with little rotation potential. What has changed esp after a quiet transfer window and injuries? Now the idea that the youngsters will come and fix things just does not happen. At least not like this. Don't throw the likes of RLC under the bus...

is this a joke?

do u understand the concept of form? the concept of passion, motivation?

these players currently have none of the 3 above attributes. and that is when players need to be dropped. let them regain their form. give them some time off. lower the pressure on their heads and shoulders.

i actually cant believe some one can ask this question. damn!!!

I also cannot believe I am debating the existence of unity and teamwork... It was so very nicely explained on the video above. So what do all top coaches at Chelsea, our top manager and our top players do between games? Play videogames? If the team selection is the main thing then Jose is and has always been useless - should def tell roman might save him a few bucks. :)

Also, New players need to gel in and make positional mistakes in relation to the team, because they don't yet belong in that unity neither do they have trust. He has already made a couple of changes to no effect. Nothing drastic will happen - never does.

You are assuming that he who does not play is better than the one who does, or would have been better. But we don't really know that. You may claim you do, and you write as if you did, but you don't. And Neither do I.

I thought we had already established that we don't have a squad but a team with little rotation potential. What has changed esp after a quiet transfer window and injuries? Now the idea that the youngsters will come and fix things just does not happen. At least not like this. Don't throw the likes of RLC under the bus...

I also cannot believe I am debating the existence of unity and teamwork... It was so very nicely explained on the video above. So what do all top coaches at Chelsea, our top manager and our top players do between games? Play videogames? If the team selection is the main thing then Jose is and has always been useless - should def tell roman might save him a few bucks. :)

Also, New players need to gel in and make positional mistakes in relation to the team, because they don't yet belong in that unity neither do they have trust. He has already made a couple of changes to no effect. Nothing drastic will happen - never does.

You are assuming that he who does not play is better than the one who does, or would have been better. But we don't really know that. You may claim you do, and you write as if you did, but you don't. And Neither do I.

remy is a youngster? baba is a full international who played 30 games last season for augsburg. stop giving useless excuses. RLC, is the only option we have if rambo is injured. even if RLC, is not taken into account, mikel is a younster? willian is a youngster?

bego

azpi-zouma-gc-baba

matic-mikel

pedro-willian/oscar-hazard

remy.

there u have it, happy with it?

oh. so team unity and all. ohk, so that means just to keep the team "unity", we should play out of form players? how does that even make any sense? if anything, what jose currently is doing is ANTI-team unity. i would simply love to have a talk with remy and ask him exactly how he feels? why exactly would he even want to be a part of this team and squad. lets see the number of players that left just cos they felt left out - KDB, mata, schurrle, salah. there's your team "unity".

i write, he who does not play, to be a better option than the people who do play and are in current form. if baba as a LB is as bad as iva currently (or worse) as a RB, then kudos to us paying 21 million for him. if RLC, cant replace cesc in this form, kudos to us loaning out mvg and pasalic. in the end, since jose is the manager, and this is his squad, it is his RESPONSIBILITY. it is his mistake.

and now to the first line of your comment, no we had established that idea. even if we did, their is no reason to be playing iva and cesc and definitely diego every match. we have a good squad. the likes of rambo and mikel were part of a chelsea first team in 10/11 that almost could have won the league or won the CL. sometimes, more than finesse, you need balls. unfortunately, that concept seems to be lost on you and jose.

by the way, none of this counts as an answer to if a player is underperforming, lacking in passion and motivation, should he be dropped or not. the existence of teamwork and unity is applicable on all the 25 players in the squad, not on the starting 11.

which couple of changes are you talking about, pray tell me. since the start of the season, we had 2 massive areas of concern. CM, RB. has he dropped iva? has he dropped cesc? so please dont invent your own solutions.

I thought we had already established that we don't have a squad but a team with little rotation potential. What has changed esp after a quiet transfer window and injuries? Now the idea that the youngsters will come and fix things just does not happen. At least not like this. Don't throw the likes of RLC under the bus...I also cannot believe I am debating the existence of unity and teamwork... It was so very nicely explained on the video above. So what do all top coaches at Chelsea, our top manager and our top players do between games? Play videogames? If the team selection is the main thing then Jose is and has always been useless - should def tell roman might save him a few bucks. :)

I agree with the sentiment - but what you are explaining is another 'nail' in Mourinho's coffin for me.

Over the past 2 seasons we have had plenty of opportunities to bed in some youngsters and squad players, and get them involved in the team. However, Mourinho has refused to do this. These actions are what lead us to today's predicament !

Stick or twist.

Yes, it's a huge gamble - BUT it need not have been, if our manager had shown some foresight.

I don't consider giving Remy a chance a gamble

I don't consider dropping Iva and playing Baba a gamble

I don't consider dropping Cesc a gamble

I do consider playing RLC a measured gamble

I do consider playing Kenedy a greater gamble than RLC

I would also give Traore a go - as an impact sub and someone who can hit long range shots.

So yes - you are correct, there is a risk to unity and team chemistry - BUT - the failure of this in my humble opinion sits firmly and squarely on the managers shoulders :(

Jesus - how depressing is it to be pointing out all of Mou's flaws :( :( :(

will he consider changing the formation? for me 4-3-3 is obvious.

im pretty sure , mikel , cesc , matic , oscar , ramires all prefer this formation.

who does 4-2-3-1 actually benefit? off the top of my head, only willian. and that's only if he plays centrally, which he doesn't more often that not,

currently useless guys like mikel and ramires, will become acceptable options , more or less

this . and sorting out the fullbacks, is all he needs to do , to improve the team drastically.