Baba Rahman

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Im not sure whats the recovery time for his injury, but he was already training, seen on pics from yesterday. 

Surely if he is already training with first team, he wont be match unfit for 4 more months?

Like with Kurt Zouma, we have seen that Conte does not a ACL injury lightly. Zouma barely played and that would also become the case with Baba.
If I remember correctly though, he can still play cup matches even if he is not on the PL list.

3 hours ago, Thendo said:

He's apparently listed in our squad on the official PL website for whatever that's worth. Not sure if that means he's registered to play tho.

https://www.premierleague.com/clubs/4/Chelsea/squad

I hope so. We don have any change for Alonso(I dont count Kenedy). He has some talent.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

I thought he was always very good for us in the champions league. Stuggled defensively in the league though. Interesting to see how he does st wb.

His skillset seems perfect for the LWB role.  Every time I saw him play for Schalke, he had that extra bit of pace over his opponent and he seems to have more stamina than Alonso. 

He just needs a chance to stake his claim. 

He will for sure be faster than Alonso, and more disciplined than Kenedy. Could thrive at LWB with his attributes. Ofc he could be valuable option, only question is - how fast could he get in match form?

I also think we will never see him again unless Kenedy, Azpi and Alonso all get injured upon his return to fitness. Which is a shame. We bought him for an extraordinary amount (which in the first place was an act of stupidity against which many users here warned against just as we did against the sales of Luis and Bertrand aka the far supeiror players he ought to replace), so we should give him a genuine chance to fulfill his (mediocre) potential. On paper he seems perfect for the LWB with his pace and crossing ability and for sure can not be less solid than Alonso at the back. But I guess Alosno is just Conte's Ivanovic. 

We have Marcos Alonso and Kenedy fighting for LWB in the same defence we have Cahill, if that doesn't scream out frailty I don't know what does. All of this points towards how poor and how much we fell short in the summer window. Luis and Bertrand are both far superior to Alonso, Kenedy and Rahman, which again poses the question as to why they were sold. This isn't something that is prominent now, I asked the same question at the time of their sales, it was just shit decision making by the manager at the time and the club as a whole.

I mean look at the midfield right now, Kante is out, Fabregas is fucking worn out and Bakayoko is apparently 70% fit. How the hell do you let things in the transfer window become so thread bare? The planning has been rank bad poor from the board, it really has. Just imagine one injury for a long period of time to one striker, we are totally then fucked with a rusty pole. No back up plan and just left hoping of no injuries or suspension to that said player.

This 'wing it' approach has to stop, too many corners cut and ambition has dropped to save pennies.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Schalke sporting director Christian Heidel has revealed that Chelsea left back Baba Rahman is keen to join the Bundesliga club this January.

https://theshedender.com/2018/01/tabloid-talk/bundesliga-club-confirms-chelsea-defender-wants-to-sign-for-them-this-month/