Baba Rahman

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think hes declining yes but hes still a very good player. In terms of top quality LBs there still arent a huge number who are at that level so its not that ridiculous. Fair enough the Sandros, Albas, etc are still about but Luis is still a top full back.

No, no he isnt. Not at all.

• 2 months later...
On 25/05/2019 at 0:27 AM, LAM09 said:

The forgotten man with a goal & assist in his final game for Reims.

well, shit, he finally looks healthy

about a million times faster than Slowlonso

and I am NOT sold on Emerson, even though I do dmit he is now also finally healthy

we should give him a shot in preseason

I never understood why we never gave him a full year on the team to at least see if he could handle the EPL

he certainly has the athletic ability

ANYTHING TO SHIP MARCOS OUT OUT OUT I am down down down with

I am so beaten down by all the bad news that I only want 4 things

toss Higuain back to Italy

sell Alonso

win the EL so we knock Arse out

and just do whatever it takes to at least end up 6th next year (assuming the bans are not frozen)

keep Sarri, sack Sarri, recalls of loanees, buy Kovacic, dont buy Kovacic, whatever

dont care anymore, I am resigned to whatever happens (yes including Eden, it is pointless to force him to stay)

well, shit, he finally looks healthy
about a million times faster than Slowlonso
and I am NOT sold on Emerson, even though I do dmit he is now also finally healthy
we should give him a shot in preseason
I never understood why we never gave him a full year on the team to at least see if he could handle the EPL
he certainly has the athletic ability
ANYTHING TO SHIP MARCOS OUT OUT OUT I am down down down with
I am so beaten down by all the bad news that I only want 4 things
toss Higuain back to Italy
sell Alonso
win the EL so we knock Arse out
and just do whatever it takes to at least end up 6th next year (assuming the bans are not frozen)

keep Sarri, sack Sarri, recalls of loanees, buy Kovacic, dont buy Kovacic, whatever
dont care anymore, I am resigned to whatever happens (yes including Eden, it is pointless to force him to stay)

His inability to stay fit was the only thing halting him. Hope he manages to have a solid AFCON & is given a chance on his return.

On 18/03/2019 at 11:32 PM, Magic Lamps said:

He actually was a mediocre player back then and we got milked because they were in a strong position and we were desperate and dumb enough not to look for better options which were available back then. Even more stupid that we bought him in the same year we let go of Filipe Luis and Ryan Bertrand, two vastly superior players. No idea why the board were so damn retarded even for their standards. 

Another example of what I see as the immature decision making which persuades me that Arkaidy has been involved in transfer activity.

2 hours ago, y10edn said:
one clip is not enough to judge a player, he looked fragile while here. he can come for preseason but to conclude with a10 seconds shine
will be absurd.

I've watched a number of his games at Reims & he deserves a chance in preseason at the very least.

He'll probably be Ghana's starting LB as well, so people will be able to see what he can offer.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Looks like we're taking a big loss. No idea how he isn't even getting a sniff.

I guess AFCON worked against him in that regard.

£14 million, rising to a potential fee of almost £22 million (which we did not have to pay on I am fairly sure of)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3192511/Chelsea-agree-21-7m-deal-Augsburg-defender-Baba-Rahman.html

Chelsea agree £21.7m deal for Augsburg defender Baba Rahman

Chelsea responded to dropping two points at home to Swansea by agreeing a deal for left back Abdul Baba Rahman for an initial £14million.

Talks between Chelsea and Augsburg have been ongoing for weeks and the agreement will see a further £3.5m paid in bonuses depending on Chelsea performances, £700,000 after the 21-year-old completes 20 games and a further £3.5m after he has made 100 appearances — meaning the total value of the deal could reach almost £22m.

The Ghana international has agreed a five-year contract and will head to London to complete his medical. 

snip

2015–    Chelsea    15 Games   (0) Goals  <<<< we were not stupid, lolol, dodged most all of the bonuses

That said, 5 million euros (£4.5m) seems really low to sell him for, he literally just turned 25, has 5 or 6 years left at peak age, and had a great 2nd half last year at Stade de Reims (which is why I hoped he would get a shot at backup LB (same for Juan Familia-Casillo) so we could sell Alonso for £40m or so (next summer, 2020, Alonso will be worth a lot less as he turns 30yo mid-season, Dec 28, 2020.)

• 1 month later...
On 20/07/2019 at 11:04 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Keep him instead of Alonso? No thank you. If taking 5m means sellling him do it. If Alonso isnt up to standard then this guy really isnt either.

he destroyed PSG last season, a goal and an assist and terrorised them the whole game, Reims denied PSG tying the all-time record for most wins in a Ligue 1 season

Stade de Reims beat them 3 1

• 1 year later...