Baba Rahman

Schalke want to sign him permanently but we only want to loan him out apparently? Just sell him, its obvious he would only be back up even if he did stay because I can't see him displacing Alonso but hes had a long lay off from an injury, he will want to play and in all honestly he didn't really look anything particularly special when he played the previous season in Germany. I know Conte has said we lack numbers and Baba fits the left wing back role, as well as the fact hes mentioned he wants to give him a chance but if he does get a chance and doesn't impress or Baba himself decides he wants to go, only we would loan him out when Schalke will more than likely give us 70-75% of what we paid for him... 

Why loan him? Palmieri hasn't signed but its obvious he will make the move even if Dzeko doesn't. Its odd we haven't tried to get Schalke to buy him, every time we loan him for 6 months we lose 6 months value off whats remaining on his contract - may sound stupid but why not sell him for 10-15m euros and be done with it? 

• 6 months later...

Is he still our player ?

Heck at this rate, i even prefer tried to give him game time than keep choose alonso week in week out, because alonso liability ini back 4 is too much. Maybe after couple of month, baba could become decent fullback 

Is he still our player ?

Heck at this rate, i even prefer tried to give him game time than keep choose alonso week in week out, because alonso liability ini back 4 is too much. Maybe after couple of month, baba could become decent fullback 
He's out on loan for another 12 months

3 hours ago, dimmas said:

Is he still our player ?

He IS a decent fullback. He is not worth what we paid for him but he is not mroe of a liability than Alonso. Really curious how no manage rever here has rated him. Really strange move to splash out 20m (30m with bonuses that will never be paid tf) on a really young player and then never give him a chance... but then again this is a very Chelsea thing to do.

45 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
4 hours ago, dimmas said:
Is he still our player ?

He's out on loan for another 12 months

He is still not fully recovered from that bad knee injury he suffered 18 months ago in the African Cup of Nations playing for Ghana.

Even now he says he is only 70%.

"Aktuell bin ich bei 70 Prozent"

https://www.ligainsider.de/abdul-rahman-baba_2185/aktuell-bin-ich-bei-70-prozent-250174/

Same type of injury that fucked up Zouma. If not for that injury I think he would be fighting for a starting position with cement boits Alonso and the also still recovering Emerson (I would say he is at 90 to 95%). Baba's was really bad, maybe worse than Zouma's even, and look how that fucked him up. No Zouma injury I really think we woukd never be talking about Rugani or Caldara. Maybe still would have chased Koulibaly. Can you imagine a back three last year of a healthy Zouma, KK, and Rudiger! The opposing teams forward players would be so intimidated, lolol. Thats 3 US football safety or even outside linebacker size men. Zouma was a beast before he got injured. Still mayyyyybe might be. Knees on footballers are so hard to predict outcome if injured.

Look at Falcao. Took him 2 and a half years to finally get right. He missed out on peak of his career. When he was here he was still fucked up. True shame as he is a total badass when healthy and a super nice guy in real life (we ran into him at Coya in Mayfair in late summer of 2015).

Right after he left us he scored 30 goals and helped to take Monaco to CL semis. He is only 10 goals away from 300 for club and country and that is with a big chunk of games missed due to injury. No doubt he would have hit 400 if he hadn't gotten hurt. That's a pretty insane number. Takes 20 seasons of 20 goals to hit it, to put it into perspective.

22 hours ago, Vesper said:

He is still not fully recovered from that bad knee injury he suffered 18 months ago in the African Cup of Nations playing for Ghana.

Even now he says he is only 70%.

"Aktuell bin ich bei 70 Prozent"

https://www.ligainsider.de/abdul-rahman-baba_2185/aktuell-bin-ich-bei-70-prozent-250174/

Same type of injury that fucked up Zouma. If not for that injury I think he would be fighting for a starting position with cement boits Alonso and the also still recovering Emerson (I would say he is at 90 to 95%). Baba's was really bad, maybe worse than Zouma's even, and look how that fucked him up. No Zouma injury I really think we woukd never be talking about Rugani or Caldara. Maybe still would have chased Koulibaly. Can you imagine a back three last year of a healthy Zouma, KK, and Rudiger! The opposing teams forward players would be so intimidated, lolol. Thats 3 US football safety or even outside linebacker size men. Zouma was a beast before he got injured. Still mayyyyybe might be. Knees on footballers are so hard to predict outcome if injured.

Look at Falcao. Took him 2 and a half years to finally get right. He missed out on peak of his career. When he was here he was still fucked up. True shame as he is a total badass when healthy and a super nice guy in real life (we ran into him at Coya in Mayfair in late summer of 2015).

Right after he left us he scored 30 goals and helped to take Monaco to CL semis. He is only 10 goals away from 300 for club and country and that is with a big chunk of games missed due to injury. No doubt he would have hit 400 if he hadn't gotten hurt. That's a pretty insane number. Takes 20 seasons of 20 goals to hit it, to put it into perspective.

Baba  onyl has two years left on his contract and will not recover as a Chelsea player.

Also nfl safeties and outsie linebackers are like 20kg heavier and maybe 5cm shorter than those rather lanky centrebacks, completely different statues and physical demands. Footballers have specifically trained muscles not loads of bulk like nfl or rugby players so they seldom are physically intimidating in real life. 

And Falcao scored most of those goals in shit leagues vs shit teams and if he returned to the epl now he would still not cut it here, it's just not his game. Great player tho. 

But your point about those injuries is well made and taken. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Baba  onyl has two years left on his contract and will not recover as a Chelsea player.

Also nfl safeties and outsie linebackers are like 20kg heavier and maybe 5cm shorter than those rather lanky centrebacks, completely different statues and physical demands. Footballers have specifically trained muscles not loads of bulk like nfl or rugby players so they seldom are physically intimidating in real life. 

And Falcao scored most of those goals in shit leagues vs shit teams and if he returned to the epl now he would still not cut it here, it's just not his game. Great player tho. 

But your point about those injuries is well made and taken. 

Agree to a point on most all, but I would not describe Zouma or Koulibaly as lanky. If they trained like US footballers, they would easily weigh in at 100kgs ofrso. Thats is easily a safety size, and if they really bulked up, a small linebacker.  It is crazy how much muscle the NFL packs on those players from what they were in uni football. Rudiger, yes, he is lanky. I probably should have said van Dijk instead of him, but alas, VVD is not on our team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Had high hopes for Baba when he came. Was a shame the Dom didn't give him a chance but cant see him in Blue now.

Lets hope he has a good season.

RLC should have followed Baba on loan to Schalke 04. He could be starting for a Champions League team with INSANE and huge fanbase (Revierderby with Borussia Dortmund is one of the most intense in world), in a great league, and with a superb developmental reputation. Domenico Tedesco is an amazing young manager. The have had huge player turnover too this year, so RLC would have had a great chance for playing time as a starter.

Thilo should have been OURS!! Marina pissing around with the goddamn Italians over Rugani, who Juve were never going to sell. Not having either of those ranks for me up there (as LUIZ IS SHIT) with no Bailey or Malcom and not selling/swapping Willian for Martial (or buying him outright)

f61e787de31bf62415ac09ff2eff9acf.pngbc561bac117d7fc752cefdfd38467248.png

• 4 months later...

BABA RAHMAN TO RETURN TO CHELSEA IN JANUARY

https://readchelsea.com/2018/12/31/baba-rahman-to-return-to-chelsea-in-january/

Chelsea will recall Baba Rahman from his loan spell at Schalke in January, according to reports.

Sky Deutschland, as cited on Calciomercato, claim that the player will be returning to London in the new year.

Rahman had remained at Schalke over the summer in a bid to beat off his latest string of injuries, but he has since found game time hard to come by this season.

The Ghanian defender has yet again been troubled by injuries which have derailed his development.

Rahman first moved to Germany on loan during Antonio Conte’s time in charge of the Blues and it remains to be seen if he has a long-term future at Stamford Bridge.

While he is now expected to return to the club in January, it is unlikely he will break into Maurizio Sarri plans anytime soon, with another loan move away from the club the most likely outcome for the defender.

snip

• 3 weeks later...