Radamel Falcao

BlueLion.

Gamble didnt pay off suprise suprise,coming to the prem at his age after his injury was always a big ask. Just as well we didnt buy him ,but looks like he is here for the season. Pity we didnt have this guy in his prime grrrr.

Mourinho is to blame for hoisting this Falcao debacle on the club.  It was just a favour for his agent Jorge Mendes and has zilch to do with Falcao's football ability and condition.

No more purchases of over-the-hill strikers ANYMORE from now onwards! 

3 hours ago, lucio said:

Rumours Radamel #Falcao's unsuccessful #Chelsea loan will be cut short gaining momentum. Seen at #Monaco training ground, report La Provence

I wish he would hurry up and do1 

Had so much hope that he'd regain some form here but it was unfortunately misplaced. I thought he'd be a decent stopgap 3rd choice ST while Bamford went to Palace, nailed down the starter role and banged in at least 15 goals over the course of the season for a decent side before returning to Monaco next year and Bamford stepping in to challenge Costa. Both of those ideas went terribly, terribly wrong.

I don't think any of us expecting him to magically revert to his old world class self but between the injuries and the lack of what looks like sharpness on the pitch this has just been an utter failure even for those people who didn't expect much in the first place.

Only 350 minutes played for us with only 2 starts (against Walsall and that dismal home game vs Saints) and 1 goal and 0 assists from those minutes in our home loss vs Palace.

Our overall team shiteness can't have helped him in trying to regain form but good god above please just put the poor guy out of his misery and end the loan.

I don't think his loan was a terrible idea.

You have to remember that Jose ALWAYS has to have 3 senior strikers, therefore I can understand taking this shot with Falcao. He is taking half of his wages (apparently) so it's not that bad. On the other hand it could very well be nice gesture for Jorge Mendes.

But gosh, what a terrible time. Player who needs team service more than anything playing for a side who can't create one opportunity in a match from open play.

When he returns it will be interesting to see how he get on.

We are playing better as a team and more chances will probably fall to him as a result.

I'm by no means saying he is back orHiddink will bring back the old Falcao, he's done as a top class footballer, but hopefully under Guus when he plays he can get something mirroring a respectable return.

• 3 weeks later...