Radamel Falcao

BlueLion.

Radamel Falcao confirms inevitable, will leave Chelsea FC :o:o:o

In news that was coming, Radamel Falcao has confirmed that he will departing Chelsea FC and returning to AS Monaco once the season is over.I guess we can consider this as our first transfer dealing of the summer. Radamel Falcao will leave Chelsea FC next week and return to his parent club, AS Monaco. The striker has been on loan for the campaign but has not done enough to be retained.Falcao revealed the news himself, stating that his exit was all but guaranteed in February.In February, Chelsea told me that they were no longer counting on me, so I will not be continuing with that club. Monaco made a big investment in me and they want some return on that. They want me back at the club for next season. – via Sky Sports.The Colombian has endured a torrid two seasons in the Premier League. He was first brought over by Manchester United, where he flopped horrifically on the back of an expensive agreement.Jose Mourinho then thought that he would be able to resurrect the striker’s former self, but Chelsea’s overall struggles did not help. By January, Mourinho was no longer in charge and Falcao was on the verge of a premature termination.

That did not happen and the forward continued to warm the bench under Guus Hiddink. Injuries have certainly contributed to his failure in making an impact, but the few times that he has taken the field have resulted in severely underwhelming performances.Now over the age of 30, Falcao is at an important stage in his career. He needs playing time to truly show what he still has but Monaco are apparently unable to service his wages. Similarly, there are few clubs with pockets deep enough to pay his salary on a loan deal. Especially given that he has shown nothing of worth in recent times, his options are running out.Clubs in South America, such as River Plate, are believed to be interested in signing Falcao, but he will need to take a significant pay cut. Otherwise, the endless resources that emanate from China appear like the only feasible alternative.

The Pride of London

• 2 weeks later...

Falcao:Chelsea FC player evaluations 2015/16

The story with Falcao is tragic. Having suffered from a major knee injury myself I truly feared he would never come back and return to the level he was playing at previously. Falcao was like Icarus and in many ways flew too close to the Messi-Ronaldo sun of modern football for it to last. He was on Chelsea’s radar for a long time and cemented our interest in him when he scored a hat trick against them in the Super Cup for Atletico Madrid.

He followed that up with a poorly advised move to Monaco in order to chase the money being passed out there before he suffered his knee injury. After a year warming the bench at Manchester United, Mourinho thought that, just maybe, he could bring Falcao back to his former level.Even half the player he was four years ago would have been six times the player he was this year. With Falcao I am mainly saddened. He was a pure joy to watch. I hope he can remain in football to some extent but it does appear that the lights have gone out in his locker.

The Pride of London

Capture.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
34 minutes ago, Valdo said:

Ok.... Where did his form come from all of the sudden? Or did the epl simply didnt suit him? Else he can come back an do a 3-5-2 with costa for me :ph34r:

He got like 200 minutes of playing time in his first 2-3 months at Chelsea then none. It's hard to say he failed here, just like Pato. They didn't get a chance to show their values.

52 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

He got like 200 minutes of playing time in his first 2-3 months at Chelsea then none. It's hard to say he failed here, just like Pato. They didn't get a chance to show their values.

They were both not fit. That was their main problem.