Chelsea 2-4 Bradford

Jase

Man of the Match  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

For the first time ever I am disappointed with Jose. The minute I saw his line up I was depressed and knew this could happen. Gary Neville apart, I have no respect for professional pundits so when they talk nonsense about Chelsea's wonderful squad I just laugh it off. I don't expect them to know that today's collection of footballers is not good enough but Jose must do. What was he thinking sending out this line up?

Passing is the key denoter of a quality team. At the heart of such teams are players with the technical ability to create comfortable possession when they receive the ball, the vision to spot, and select, the right passing option, as well as the skill to execute their choice. Not a single member of our starting front six today offers reliably good continuity play. If someone asked me to select what I considered to be our worst possible line up chosen from the first team squad, many of today's starters would be in it. To those who say that whatever line up we put out should be good enough to beat a League One side, I say it depends what you mean by should.

Yes, if we recruited our players as well as we ought to do, any collection of Chelsea professionals would be expected to outplay lower league opponents. We have not selected well however. Instead of being filled with quality throughout, our squad has many members for whom passing is not a strength. The chances of us stringing together a dozen effective passes with today's line up is vanishingly small. The probability of any of them giving a poor pass is high enough to make it near certain that, within a chain of twelve, at least one of them will give the ball away.

So, yes, our squad team should be able to outplay League One opposition but that is not true of this squad. Jose picked a really bad team and he is to blame for this loss.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well get used to this result getting talked about for years to come...

Hardly an opinion shared by everyone. Every team have encountered results like this down the year and unfortunately, it was our turn to suffer one against Bradford. Just gotta accept it and move on.

Really? Cause I don't hear anyone talking about City losing to Wigan in the FA Cup final in 2013. And that was much bigger.

Losing to a third tier side at HOME after being 2-0 up is certainly more embarrassing than losing 1-0 to a fellow Premier League side, regardless of the occasion.

Well that came from fucking nowhere!!

Completely cruising 1st half. Once it got to 2 I was thinking how many. 2nd half I can't even explain what happened because I don't understand myself. We're completely and utterly outplayed from minute 46 to 90.

Jose waited to long to make his substitutions. They we're on top from the off in the 2nd half. It was clear for all to see yet he waits untill 65/70 minutes to make a sub. How Salah wasn't hauled off at H/T I don't know. He was complete horseshit.

2nd half we we're outplayed and outfought. Embarrassing display. I'll put it down to a bad day at the office. Luckily we don't have much time to dwell on it. Bounce back quickly on Tuesday! Come on the Chels!!

Well that's another thing I was discussing just a couple of days ago how mourinho is no longer as good with subs.

He used to spot the danger quickly and make a fast decision.

Now his reaction time has gone down a lot!

• OH MY GAWD I CANT BELIEVE WE LOST
  • WE SHOULD WIN EVERY MATCH 5-0
  • MOURINHO OUT
  • GIVE YOUTH A CHANCE
  • BUY BETTER PLAYERS
  • AT LEAST WE ARENT FICKLE AND CRINGE WORTHY AS RAWK
  • AND WE DONT BUY THE LEAGUE LIKE MAN SHITTY

HAHAHAHAHA AM I RITE GUYSZ?

Didn't watch the match and really happy I didn't !

Would have ruined my entire saturday and weekend.

I find it stupid comparing our lose to City's they werent't 2 goals up ! And also if this the quality we have got without the likes of Hazard, Fabregas and Costa we are in for serious trouble !

• OH MY GAWD I CANT BELIEVE WE LOST
  • WE SHOULD WIN EVERY MATCH 5-0
  • MOURINHO OUT
  • GIVE YOUTH A CHANCE
  • BUY BETTER PLAYERS
  • AT LEAST WE ARENT FICKLE AND CRINGE WORTHY AS RAWK
  • AND WE DONT BUY THE LEAGUE LIKE MAN SHITTY

HAHAHAHAHA AM I RITE GUYSZ?

you forgot to add something about Abramovich :)