Man City 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

our manager gets what being a Blue means:

He got a good reception and this is England and this is Chelsea. Chelsea people never forget what Chelsea people do at the club. It happened to me when I was manager of Inter. It is Chelsea’s culture and beauty.” ~ José Mourinho at Frank Lampard.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. What toolboxes for not forgetting everything Lamps has done for 13 years for the sake of 20 minutes playing against us.

Just read the whole post. Totally ridiculous and unreasonable. I'm embarrassed. Didn't need to do score? You think he should just balloon it over the bar? Ffs

YES EXACTLY!!! He didn't need to do anything all he has to do it is stand about but no he wanted the headlines and got them. CONGRADS Frank.

People can say what they want, you all know I am right he didnt need to score.

Cheer him if you feel you must , maybe after the game but the ridiculous over the top during the game was sad.

I didnt hear then signing for Andre who was actually playing for us and trying to help us win.

Yes he played for us , was wonderful and I never thought he would treat us with such little respect,

if I was him, he's been at City two minutes, I come on against the team that made me and it's few mins to go, I don't kill myself to score against them??? Well that's just me Frank is clearly different.

Then being so ******** delighted afterwards, ah well as I said when we've lost the league by two points, we will all have Super Frank to thank ;)

1 point is a good result. The way we got this result - well, not so much, from a psychological point of view. We were leading at home playing our main title rival and they managed to escape with 1 pont and Pellegrini put our legent against us and got a result.

I just hope it won't be a great boost for City and they won't start destroying everyone from now on.

I wish Costa scored for 2-0 instead of hitting the post.

I'm glad it was Lampard who scored an equalizer because now all this argument "he won't bring them points, he won't impact the title race so his move to MC doesn't matter" is irrelevant. He scores goals for them , he brings them points, he is their player now.

This "love stories are over" quote from Mourinho hits nail on the head, and I get in which way he meant it - but.

I'm standing by my opinion - Lampard is a club legend, he is my favorite Chelsea player, I am grateful for all he's done for us and wish him well in the future, but I don't want to see him anywhere near my club ever again. End of.

We could have been 8 point clear off City and 6 off Arsenal. Instead it's 5 and 4 and 13 points from possinle 15. Still a good result with 2 difficult away matches out of the way this early.

I am concerned about the state of our defence, I hope Mourinho sorts it out faster than he did last year.

Tactics in this match were alright considering our shaky defense and City's attack. And for a bit of perspective - they got only 1 point at home against their main rival and failed to catch up a bit. The rest is up to us.

Still hurts like hell losing two points in this manner.

well, if you choose to feel like Frank Lampard stole us three points... go ahead, I won't stop you.

We failed as a team twice: dominating properly when we had one more man in the pitch, and failing to mark Milner. Frank Lampard had a great finish. We had a great counterattack. I'm not pleased by that goal, I'm not happy for Lamps, I'm not supporting him over Chelsea. I see that goal was yet one more we conceded this season that should be credited more to our mistakes than the opposition's merits.

I don't feel that he stole three points, that wasn't my point originally. My point was referring to the fans that played down his move to City and said that it wasn't a big deal and that he'd have little impact. It has turned out that he has had a big impact in a massive game, bad defending or not. Maybe I worded it poorly saying he 'cost us the game' - of course there are other factors as to why we conceded. But he's definitely had a big impact.

'We had a great counterattack. I'm not pleased by that goal, I'm not happy for Lamps, I'm not supporting him over Chelsea.'

Yep, this was my other point. It just felt like some fans were happy that he scored against us, which I find bizarre.

Last year we played better. The posts saved them a from 3-0 defeat and towards the end they became dangerous. this time luck was on their side and after Diego hit the post, they got their equalizer through Lampard as well !
I think Toure was their best player.
Overall not a bad result and certainly not disastrous.

I don't feel that he stole three points, that wasn't my point originally. My point was referring to the fans that played down his move to City and said that it wasn't a big deal and that he'd have little impact. It has turned out that he has had a big impact in a massive game, bad defending or not. Maybe I worded it poorly saying he 'cost us the game' - of course there are other factors as to why we conceded. But he's definitely had a big impact.

'We had a great counterattack. I'm not pleased by that goal, I'm not happy for Lamps, I'm not supporting him over Chelsea.'

I havent seen ANYONE saying they were pleased he scored

YES EXACTLY!!! He didn't need to do anything all he has to do it is stand about but no he wanted the headlines and got them. CONGRADS Frank.

People can say what they want, you all know I am right he didnt need to score.

Cheer him if you feel you must , maybe after the game but the ridiculous over the top during the game was sad.

I didnt hear then signing for Andre who was actually playing for us and trying to help us win.

Yes he played for us , was wonderful and I never thought he would treat us with such little respect,

if I was him, he's been at City two minutes, I come on against the team that made me and it's few mins to go, I don't kill myself to score against them??? Well that's just me Frank is clearly different.

Then being so ******** delighted afterwards, ah well as I said when we've lost the league by two points, we will all have Super Frank to thank ;)

So you expect him to stand around and be totally unprofessional, going completely against the brilliant professionalism he showed for 13 years at Chelsea?

No I don't know you're right. I think you should get your head out of your arse thinking we all have the same short-sighted, disrespectful and childish opinion as you.

Yep, this was my other point. It just felt like some fans were happy that he scored against us, which I find bizarre.

EXACTLY

How our fans can be so happy and cheering ridiculously that we will never hear the end of 'Lampard costs Chelsea' over and over.

He cost us the points, the game, if Drogba had scored a hat trick against us knocking us out of the CL earlier I can't imagine people falling over themselves to cheer him on.

He didn't he had great respect for us and for the hope he would return.

But not Frank he was desperate to get that goal to humiliate us.

Anyone who can't see that is crazy.

I don't think any chelsea fan was happy that he scored against us and made us dropped 2 points. Heck, he made me lost $240 worth of bets. I think most people here are just disgusted at those calling him cunts, judas , traitor etc because he scored against us and therefore needed reminding that he is top professional, now being paid by city and is only doing his job. And to treat him with such disrepect after playing for the clubs for 13 years with all his heart and scoring many important goals for the club, that is what I find most bizarre.

It's embarrassing that we let them create meanginful chances and score a goal when they were a man down; that was really bad game-management and it cost us what would have been a massive victory.

Fact is they were faster.

In the first half Willian was outpaced and he did n't manage one correct pass.

So even with ten men they created chances. It was lucky for them though. Nothing for 90 minutes and suddenly billiard-like accuracy.

So you expect him to stand around and be totally unprofessional, going completely against the brilliant professionalism he showed for 13 years at Chelsea?

No I don't know you're right. I think you should get your head out of your arse thinking we all have the same short-sighted, disrespectful and childish opinion as you.

Yes with hardly anytime in the game I don't expect him to give 1000% and score against a club he supposedly loved?? Haha

You can insult me all you want, I haven't slagged off individual people on the forum here as you have CHILDISHLY just done to me.

It is my opinion. You disagree, fine but Frank really broke my heart today,

Fact is they were faster.

In the first half Willian was outpaced and he did n't manage one correct pass.

So even with ten men they created chances. It was lucky for them though. Nothing for 90 minutes and suddenly billiard-like accuracy.

We barely even pressed, we let them get to the final third pretty easily and allowed them to have comfortable possession. Really hope we show more ambition than that in future.

Yes with hardly anytime in the game I don't expect him to give 1000% and score against a club he supposedly loved?? Haha

Sorry, but I find this point of view strange. If he did such thing it would have been disrespectful to his current club AND disrespectful towards us. I would have lost all respect I have for him if he was deliberately not playing his 100% in this match.

And I am the one saying I don't want to see Lampard near Chelsea ever again.

His current club????

Do you think City give a flying. ****** about Frank, they only signed him to count as one of their English players and because Manuel knew it would piss off Jose which it has.

He's going to be out of there in Few months and his big moment remembered will be costing us the points.

I was bit heartbroken just seeing him come on seeing him stand opposite Terry and if he had just had a forgettable few minutes neither fans would be bothered but suddenly his allegiance is SO strong for City he did everything to score.

He can do what he wants but I will NEVER feel the same about him after today.

P.s. I am not losing it mate ;)

I am the only one brave enough to say how it is.

What really annoyed me was, after Lampard scored, Jose deciding to bring Drogba on as a LONE striker at such a crucial moment. Did Jose really think that Drogba, being a chelsea legend on a similar scale as Lampard, would also slot one in the net as well to counter-balanced Lampard's goal? ZZZ We needed a fast and fully fit player against the City 10 men, and Remy would've been a much better choice if a substitution was neccessary imo.