Man City 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Lets be honest, shambles of a performance from us, I said in another thread this was a marker for us on how far we've come and if we look at it without blue goggles on, it was a mess from start to finish barring a 10 minute spell when they had 10 men where we had the chance to go 2-0. It was an all too familiar reminder of last season.

Simple as, a point is a big plus for us.

i don't think it was a shambles, jose got what he came for again, as has been said city were spoiling all afternoon as were we. to break up play and tempo, doubled up on hazard every time he got the ball, if the costa shot had gone in of the post, the tone of this thread would be very different indeed, five points clear of our main title rivals, after five games and we have played them at home and not lost! you got to be kidding me.

buck your ideas up.

win or lose up the blues.

p.s for the people digging out s.f.l you got short fucking memories.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lamps is a City player, they pay his wages. What do you expect him to do when the ball fell at his feet 10 yards out? Control it, turn around and smash it down field? It is his job to do his best for City. No matter what your feelings are on it, that's the facts. Deal with it and move on.

Me personally have changed my opinion on him slightly. The way he didn't celebrate after his goal, the way he pretty much disregarded the City fans and went straight for our Chelsea boys (who by the way were fantastic singing his name after he came on and after he scored). He looked like he was going to burst into tears at the end of the game. He looked gutted.

I was listening to a guy on talksport (a radio phone in show here in England for those who don't know) and a Chelsea fan came on and said, yes, watching him score against us hurt like hell and he took away 2 points from us, but how many points did this man win for us over the years?

As for the game, we played well I thought. Our defence was solid. On the counter we looked dangerous at times. Although i thought Willian was dyer and Schurrle did more in the 25 or so mins he was on than Willian did in the hour he played. Unlucky in the end getting done with 5 minutes to go. Overall could have been better but could have been worse. Would have taken a point before the game. Don't have to go to The Etihad again this season. Job well done. A good point.

solid coming from you. you were a bunch of nerves before the match. I told you CFC could get the job done. IMHO City couldn't lose this match. It took a CFC Legend to share the spoils. Yes points loss by CFC, but I would have gladly taken a draw if you asked me what result I would want yesterday. It's just the fact that I had to watch & hear the City fans cheer for Super Frank. Then for him to score a very big goal for that club which hurts me the most. It's like taking a shot to the mid-section. One where you can't talk & you have tears rolling down your cheeks. sad really but life goes on.

that explains everything woman know f.a about football.

Your ignorance is outstanding... we have some female members on here, such as Kerry and Barbara to name but two, who're not only more knowledgeable about the game than you are (judging by your posts) but also can post on a forum with a bit of dignity and respect for other people and their opinions.

So gutted about the result. Not because we deserved the win or played better but because it feels like points lost, especially after costa hit the post. I knew lamps was going to score, He is still a legend in his won right but his goal hurt us. We have dropped points after leading in consecutive games and jose has to rectify this. Another thing i dont understand is jose giving drogba run outs in important matches to catch fitness.

P.S Oscar for cesc would have killed the game since Fab looked Knackered and oscar is known for his press, which cesc lacks..

What the fuck is wrong with Pellegrini? Who the fuck is this guy to talk about Chelsea, Jose and small team mentality? I mean, isn't he the one that failed miserably at Madrid after buying Cristiano, Kaka, Xabi Alonso and Benzema? Wasn't he the one that was eliminated by some bollocks 3rd of 4th division team in the Spanish Cup? Wasn't his Madrid team eliminated by Lyon in the Champions League?

What did his City team do in the last season of Champions League? got knocked out by one of the worst Barcelona teams of the last decade... On top of that, it wasn't even his City team that won the EPL title, it was Liverpool that has lost it. All this after having a goal machine at his disposal. He should thank Slippy G and Brenton Rodgers (and Demba Ba) for serving him the title on a silver platter.

Now he is talking about small team mentality just days after the Bayern game in which he was bullied by Guardiola, had 30% of the ball and Hart saved him from a schoolyard result. Add to that that his team only had one big chance to score against Chelsea (Aguero), Diego Costa hit the post at 1-0 and a Chelsea legend saved his fucking arse. Fucking turd.

Can't wait till he shows up to the Bridge, we'll show them how small of a club we are.

Your ignorance is outstanding... we have some female members on here, such as Kerry and Barbara to name but two, who're not only more knowledgeable about the game than you are (judging by your posts) but also can post on a forum with a bit of dignity and respect for other people and their opinions.

knowledgeable: digging out frank just for doing his job, your kidding me. if that's knowledge! i'm glad i'm ignorant. that blokes got us out of more holes than i can remember.

alright toenails!

and what about dignity and respect for hmm mr administrator? cos there wasn't much respect in that post, for a player many club and premiership records .

if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably a duck, same with idiots!

I found it funny when Martin tyler and Gary Neville spoke about how Pellgrini this season has more 'attitude', it's true, already this season he's blamed refs countless of times, moaned about the CL seeding and is now slating Jose/Chelsea... so much for him being this calm, cool and collected character...

solid coming from you. you were a bunch of nerves before the match. I told you CFC could get the job done. IMHO City couldn't lose this match. It took a CFC Legend to share the spoils. Yes points loss by CFC, but I would have gladly taken a draw if you asked me what result I would want yesterday. It's just the fact that I had to watch & hear the City fans cheer for Super Frank. Then for him to score a very big goal for that club which hurts me the most. It's like taking a shot to the mid-section. One where you can't talk & you have tears rolling down your cheeks. sad really but life goes on.

Haha!! I know I was :lol: the performance has settled my nerves for future games though.... hopefully anyway! Haha!

Like you said, we would have taken a point at the start of the game so can't be too downbeat. And as for Lamps, read my previous post, mate. It's all good when you think about it and the dust has settled.

I am sorry but Mr Pellegrino calling us a small team shows he is shaking in his boots. He knows we are a threat. Funny how he will probably be playing in the europa league once bayern and roma eat them alive

Chelsea played negative football...

Chelsea didnt deserve to win this game... Mike Dean was too card friendly this game....

Willian MOTM, he won the most yellow cards and allowed less pressure from City.... Cesc was invisible for most of the game....

Mangala played well today... City future team will be Kompany-Mangala-Fernandinho-yaya-Fernando, probably the 5 most phsycial gifted players in the epl...

I will bet my life on the fact that Drogba received multiple PL offers when he left us but because of his love for Chelsea he never joined another English club. That's a true Chelsea legend, unlike someone who chases the money, goes to our rivals and scores against us.

i don't think it was a shambles, jose got what he came for again, as has been said city were spoiling all afternoon as were we. to break up play and tempo, doubled up on hazard every time he got the ball, if the costa shot had gone in of the post, the tone of this thread would be very different indeed, five points clear of our main title rivals, after five games and we have played them at home and not lost! you got to be kidding me.

buck your ideas up.

win or lose up the blues.

p.s for the people digging out s.f.l you got short fucking memories.

Lol? City were fluid, to almost every 2nd ball, pressuring, everything that we weren't. We got a point, undeservedly to coin a phrase by the commentator 'smash and grab' type of game for us.

I don't care for the tone of thread only my post, since I post MY opinion and I said it before the game, for ME, it was a test of how far we've come this season since last.. and it wasn't very far, unfortunately.