• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oscar was pulled off earlier yesterday, so i expect him to start

tibo

ivan garry terry cesar

cesc matic rambo

oscar dc hazard

2-1 chelsea... dc and oscar to score

This looks the most likely line up. But I won't be surprised if mourinho maintains the same team from the last two games. Costa and schurrle or fabregas to score.

its gonna be a 433

Ivan-Cahill-Terry-Luis

---------Matic

---Cesc------Oscar

Willian------------Hazard

----------Costa

Some have given up on Oscar but as you saw in the 5min he shined yesterday, he really thrives in open games. Everton will not just sit back and defend they will be open and Oscar will thrive on that

its gonna be a 433

Ivan-Cahill-Terry-Luis

---------Matic

---Cesc------Oscar

Willian------------Hazard

----------Costa

Some have given up on Oscar but as you saw in the 5min he shined yesterday, he really thrives in open games. Everton will not just sit back and defend they will be open and Oscar will thrive on that

Ramires is given in a 4-3-3.

Last season's defeat was a one-off thing. I remember Jose saying after the match that if we play that game 10 times, we win in 9. It was actually one of our better performances last season. We completely dominated them but were desperately unlucky.

I'd take the same kind of performance again this Saturday, because we would mostly likely win.

Remember how invisible and completely ineffective Baines was for England at the World Cup when he's pressed constantly and not allowed to get forward? Hopefully we don't set up for the counter and actually try to go out and dominate the ball. Keeping Baines pinned and having to defend is like cutting the head off of the snake for Everton.

Remember how invisible and completely ineffective Baines was for England at the World Cup when he's pressed constantly and not allowed to get forward? Hopefully we don't set up for the counter and actually try to go out and dominate the ball. Keeping Baines pinned and having to defend is like cutting the head off of the snake for Everton.

Are you calling for Ramires to start on the wing?! :o

I think we're gonna have our tails up for this one. I know Everton will want to play football and I really don't think they have the legs in midfield to cope with our quick passing. Can't see Jagielka or Distin dealing with Costa either... I expect a lot of fouls in and around the box and for Everton to slow up the play to compensate for lack of solutions.

Need to score in the first half and if we do I can see us winning comfortably. Coleman and Baines will get forward so I'd like to see us stay compact after going up and then bringing on Schurrle and Ramires to stretch them once they're fatigued.

Schurrle was great in the first game but awful against Leicester, I'd start Willian in this one simply because he has more industry in his game. He has a trick and can cause Baines some problems. Oscar and Schurrle don't offer the sort of one on one trickery I think will be needed to take this game... I would still start Oscar because I like the partnership/understanding Oscar/Fab/Matic are developing and this is too big a fixture to start chopping and changing.

Courtois

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Azpi

Matic - Cesc

Oscar

Willian Costa Hazard

Diamond up top Oscar at the base with Matic and Cesc deeper and "holding". Willian comes in for Schurrle and we have more technical ability in wide areas to try and beat Baines and Coleman or at least pin them back a bit.

If Matic bosses the midfield we should win. I'm calling 3-1...

Are you calling for Ramires to start on the wing?! :o

I hope to never see that in a competitive match again.

I was thinking 4-3-3 with Ramires on the right of midfield behind Willian. The constant harassment of those two on Baines' side could be effective.

Incredibly tough game. Arsenal's come back means little because they will be up for it from the off. We must be so much better than the Leicester game first half, if we aren't we will get picked off.

Really like Everton as a side they are a super team with amazing work ethic, we just have to get out of Goodison with 3 points and run, end of story.

I'd say Ross Barkley (he's injured though) and Coleman are more important than Baines nowadays

You'll probably mock but our most important player is Naismith, even with Coleman, Lukaku, Baines etc in the frame.

I'd consider Barkley (if fit) and Coleman (apart from the obvious Howard) the key players in your team. Hence I don't understand your choice for Naismith. Care to enlighten us? I'll agree he's had two crackers of games and a great start this season, but I don't think he'll be consistent the entire season. He's a good player, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't call him your most important player

Btw, how do you like this Chelsea forum, as an Evertonian? Are we fair to you lads? :D