Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Everton v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Jose drop Schurrle? Everton play with a very high line and his diagonal runs could be very very effective. Same team again I'd imagine except for Oscar out Ramires in, 3 man midfield with Matic holding. Diego Costa will make people see why we sold Lukaku in this game I think. I can see us reverting to a more counter attacking orientated game plan as Everton will probably have lots of the ball and push both fullbacks up and leave themselves very open which I think plays into our hands with players like Costa, Schurrle and Hazard in the team.

Honestly don't expect Eto'o to play. Doubt he's match fit. Didn't lukaku pick up an injury as well last week?

Lukaku is rated doubtful at the moment.

I wanna see filipe luis and MvG play.

Well, that is unlikely to happen.

Tight but I expect us to win again, 2:1.

Last year we had biggest problems with small sides, if we can keep last seasons form against mid and big teams, we will be champions. But thats a big IF as our defence probably wont be as strong as last year.

It would be difficult, but that is why we brought courtois back. If courtois comes out to grab the balls in the air like he's shown he's good at, we will eliminate dodgy goals from setpieces(like against Sunderland away, galatasaray away, PSG luiz own goal, stoke crouch, Liverpools Suarez) and goals conceded from easy crosses(like against westbroms altidore, Norwich away, Evertons Naismith, etc)

I've left out a couple of games but those are the matches I remember we conceded stupid goals. I'm sure Mourinho noticed it too.

Who do Everton have other than Lukaku and Eto'o if the former is injured and the latter unfit? Would Martinez have to resort to playing Naismith as a striker?

Lukaku didnt play as a striker against Arsenal. He played as a RW and Naismith was the striker...

Lukaku didnt play as a striker against Arsenal. He played as a RW and Naismith was the striker...

I didn't watch it. But Martinez did the same thing against Arsenal last season, so it's likely just a tactic he uses against Arsenal alone.