Everton v Chelsea

Jase

Tight but I expect us to win again, 2:1.

Last year we had biggest problems with small sides, if we can keep last seasons form against mid and big teams, we will be champions. But thats a big IF as our defence probably wont be as strong as last year.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think too many of you are overestimating everton and underestimating chelsea. I think this will be the game where chelsea play well for the full 90, as its gonna be crucial in order to win. This should be the 'break out' game. Sure everton is a decent side but we are better in every position than they are

Biggest game of the year to date and people want to chop and change the back 4? Thankfully Jose isn't a stupid man... First game for Luis will likely be the Capital One Cup. Integrate him slowly into the team especially because Cesar has been very good.

Everton are a good side, not to be underestimated, but I just think we have a too much quality to attack areas they are weak in.

"But some people only see the black and white" being the key part of the first sentence in his post...

Exactly! And him claiming we'll win just because we have better players is a 'white' view, so I countered it with a 'black' view (the Sunderland game). So what I'm saying is that football doesn't work that way (either the black or white) and it's the unpredictability that makes the game great.

Personally I think Everton are a side not to underestimate, very strong opponents. I can see them finish top 5 again this year, with Man United below them and one of Spurs or Liverpool. I think it'll be a tight game, I'll probably be clenching my butt a lot but as long as we take the three points I'll be a very happy chap. I suppose a draw wouldn't be too bad but I'd love to see Chelsea take 3 points.

That's not how football works, at all. Or do you have another explanation for April 14th? Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland. At the bridge.

:rolleyes:

Read the post I was replying to......I was arguing that being the better team doesn't always mean you will win.

Why would Jose drop Schurrle? Everton play with a very high line and his diagonal runs could be very very effective. Same team again I'd imagine except for Oscar out Ramires in, 3 man midfield with Matic holding. Diego Costa will make people see why we sold Lukaku in this game I think. I can see us reverting to a more counter attacking orientated game plan as Everton will probably have lots of the ball and push both fullbacks up and leave themselves very open which I think plays into our hands with players like Costa, Schurrle and Hazard in the team.