Everton v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The front line of Schürrle, Hazard and Costa is causing problems for defenses. I wouldn't touch it at all.

I also like that it lets Willian come into the game later, when his pace and quickness can exploit tired legs in the opposing defenses.

I said before the game against Leicester that I didn't expect an easy win, that we're underestimating the team. Oddly enough, I feel more confident about this game.

4-3-3 would be probably the best with Matic-Ramires-Fabregas, so that we aren't overwhelmed in midfield. Hazard and Costa will start for sure, of course, but I'm less certain about the third attacker. I would have picked Andre, but he didn't really have a good game today and sometimes he either doesn't notice other players or seems a bit selfish, tbh. On the other hand, his clever runs and speed might be needed. Tough choice.

I said before the game against Leicester that I didn't expect an easy win, that we're underestimating the team. Oddly enough, I feel more confident about this game.

4-3-3 would be probably the best with Matic-Ramires-Fabregas, so that we aren't overwhelmed in midfield. Hazard and Costa will start for sure, of course, but I'm less certain about the third attacker. I would have picked Andre, but he didn't really have a good game today and sometimes he either doesn't notice other players or seems a bit selfish, tbh. On the other hand, his clever runs and speed might be needed. Tough choice.

Willian started almost all of the big away games last season and it worked. He should start if he isn't injured.

Courtois

Iva gary JT Azpi

Rami Matic

Wil Cesc Haz

Costa

Lukaku came off injured today against Arsenal, don't know if it was serious enough to keep him out of the game next week but I certainly wouldn't mind him sitting this one out.

Costa

Hazard - Cesc - Willian

Matic - Ramires

Azpi - Terry - Cahill - Ivanovic

Courtois

My choice for the game would be nearly the same XI as in the first two games with only Ramires and Willian coming on for Oscar and Schürrle. The two Brazilians will provide much needed work rate to battle it out with Everton's strong midfield and if things get tough we'd have Oscar and André on the bench as impact players. Would also be nice to see Filipe Luis but I don't think this is the right game for him to be making his debut so the back five should remain as it is.

away we did, against Spurs we really only got going once fell behind.

United and Arsenal we adopted the policy of try and win but also be mindful that a draw away to a title rival(or in Uniteds case who we thought would be one) isn't the end of the world, against Spurs Jose was about to throw an extra forward on but abandoned that when Torres got sent off.

We approached the Ethiad game the same as OT and Emirates, only difference was City weren't as cautious which gave us space to counter.