Diego Costa

Spike

No. I'd say Ronaldo was even below average in the air. And he acknowledges this weakness himself. But besides that he had it all at the highest level. Dribbling, strength, power, speed, pace, finishing, superb with both feet. Even his passing and creativity were very good for a CF. I haven't seen any CF better than him. I can't even imagine how beastly he would have been if he was a monster in the air on top of everything.

He was so good that even when he fucked up his knees several times and lost a lot of pace (akin to what happened to Torres) he still managed to remain as one of the finest strikers in the world. Before his injuries his numbers were better than Messi's at the same age. He led Brazil to a World Cup final at the age of 22. He was one of a kind type of player. Him and Zidane were the best players of that generation.

Zlatan is the most outrageous striker/player though. The things he's done on a football pitch, there will never be a player like him again.

Henry was a force of nature as well.

Zlatan is the most outrageous striker/player though. The things he's done on a football pitch, there will never be a player like him again.

I was thinking Zlatan too. Does it get more complete than him? He can do it all.

They're both very good and amongst the best strikers of recent, however many would argue Ronaldo was the best striker of all time. There's a significant gap between them and Ronaldo imo. Ronaldo was Ibrahimovic's idol ffs :lol:

ibrahimovic_malmoe_twitter.jpg

ibrahimovic-vs-ronaldo-o.gif

I have to say Ibrahimovic has a talent to score amazing and special goals though. He has scored in every way possible. But in the art of pure goal scoring efficiency I don't think he matches R9. I think what always amazed me most about Ronaldo was his 1v1 against GKs, it was almost as guaranteed a goal as a penalty, I don't know how he did it but it was like he always scored.

But enough derailment already. Costa is no Ronaldo but still a much better striker than I used to believe. He's not very adept at aerial play but he's very clinical on the ground, very composed - his second goal against Everton is a testament to that - and can link up surprisingly well. I'd say he's one of the finest strikers in the world right now.

I was thinking Zlatan too. Does it get more complete than him? He can do it all.

Zlatan is something else, he has everything. I'd say he's one of the most talented players I've ever seen and for me, his genius tops everyone else's. He comes up with the most imaginitive moves and pulls them off. He's simply the most spectacular player. And the best thing of all, he's turning 33 within a month and he doesn't even look like slowing down. It's just too bad he plays in Ligue 1. He's better than he's ever been strangely enough and he should be playing in a top league.

They're both very good and amongst the best strikers of recent, however many would argue Ronaldo was the best striker of all time. There's a significant gap between them and Ronaldo imo. Ronaldo was Ibrahimovic's idol ffs :lol:

I have to say Ibrahimovic has a talent to score amazing and special goals though. He has scored in every way possible. But in the art of pure goal scoring efficiency I don't think he matches R9. I think what always amazed me most about Ronaldo was his 1v1 against GKs, it was almost as a guaranteed goal as a penalty, I don't know how he did it but it was like he always scored.

But enough derailment already. Costa is no Ronaldo but still a much better striker than I used to believe. He's not very adept at aerial play but he's very clinical on the ground, very composed - his second goal against Everton is a testament to that - and can link up surprisingly well. I'd say he's one of the finest strikers in the world right now.

No, I wasn't saying they were as good as him. Simply naming other striker greats. Ibra lacks the impact Ronaldo had in big games, though Henry wasn't that far off. Henry was absolutely brilliant in his prime. An amazing goal-scorer and an amazing player overall. I'll always commend Zlatan for performing for Sweden though. They're a poor team, seriously lacking in creativity but he really carries them.

Ronaldo could score with his eyes closed. He was a freak.

As for Costa, he's very good but not special. But if he continues like this, he will be. Not the most gifted of players but his power and drive could get him very far.

Wasn't very good today for Spain, they were using him as a target man but as we all know his hold up play isn't the greatest... Spain play far too slow which means France can just sit back and look for the counter. It left Costa isolated especially since he didn't have any space to run into.

WE didnt need the world's BEST striker ,, just a very good one AND a reasonable back up ,

WE have both now with Drogba in reserve and even Schurrle and Fabregas if desperate ,,

FFS we can even put Brana and JT up .

THis year should be a goal fest wtf if we let a few in ,who will care ,,,,,

Costa has one bad game: "Must be Spain's system. He is not 100% match fit. He worked hard for the team at least. Had no service".

Lukaku has one bad game: "Overrated. Mouth too big for his boots. Shows why he could never play for a big club like us. His performance proved he has no high ceiling".

The double standards are ridiculous. I don't read anything into Costa's performance tonight but because Lukaku has started off not at his best this season the overreaction to him is just ludicrous :doh:

Costa has one bad game: "Must be Spain's system. He is not 100% match fit. He worked hard for the team at least. Had no service".

Lukaku has one bad game: "Overrated. Mouth too big for his boots. Shows why he could never play for a big club like us. His performance proved he has no high ceiling".

The double standards are ridiculous. I don't read anything into Costa's performance tonight but because Lukaku has started off not at his best this season the overreaction to him is just ludicrous :doh:

please let it rest .. I want Lukaku to do well but many here DON'T .. this will just provoke them

That opinion has hardly been created by the match against us.

Either way im done with arguing about Lukaku, he will be benched for Eto'o before long anyway.

That opinion has hardly been created by the match against us.

Either way im done with arguing about Lukaku, he will be benched for Eto'o before long anyway.

It annoys me that people are so quick to get back on his back when he is only 21.

I don't really want to continue about him myself but I doubt he will be benched for Eto'o. Eto'o is a very good option but will be more rotation. It will only take a few games for Lukaku to start scoring again. Lukaku is highly rated by Martinez and there is a reason he broke the club's transfer record for him. I doubt he will be dropped because I am sure he will pick up form soon.

It annoys me that people are so quick to get back on his back when he is only 21.

I don't really want to continue about him myself but I doubt he will be benched for Eto'o. Eto'o is a very good option but will be more rotation. It will only take a few games for Lukaku to start scoring again. Lukaku is highly rated by Martinez and there is a reason he broke the club's transfer record for him. I doubt he will be dropped because I am sure he will pick up form soon.

You might be right the price tag might mean Martinez gets told by Kenwright not to do it. However the difference between the two against us was astronomical and a few more like that and Martinez would think about it.

Either way, he may only be 21 but realistically how good can he get? how many players go from having awful technique and back to goal play to what's required at the top level? How many top strikers had such bad technique at 21 yet turned it round by the time they hit their prime?

He has his strengths but unfortunately he has too many flaws to his game to ever make it to the very very top. A good PL goalscorer like Darren Bent will be his ceiling in my opinion.

One bad game? mate i've watched Lukaku for the past three years, his overall play is awful. Lukaku needs space, even his old manager Steve Clark and Neville both said they understand why Chelsea sold him, you may say he struggles against teams who sit deep but i'll go even further, imo he only plays well when he has space to run into.

Also his mouth is too big for his boots, you dont need to watch him play to determine that ffs. Jesus, these Lukaku fanboys.

I am not a fanboy. I must admit though that I do like him but I appreciate he has flaws. I just find it ironic that when we had him out on loan, most people were stating if we had him we probably would win the title but because he chose to leave, people seem to be picking on him and slating him for any opportunity. I mean it is 3 games gone in the season and I already see comments in his thread about how he has shown he is not good enough, we were right to sell. How can people make these judgements after 3 games? I am not just talking about people commenting on his flaws but the extreme levels to which people slate him is quite OTT.

BTW James I was not directing you. I was just making the point that every game where Lukaku does not perform you see numerous amount of people waiting to jump on his back and while I accept he has a lot of flaws I also think people need to give him time. At the end of the day he scores goals.

I am not a fanboy. I must admit though that I do like him but I appreciate he has flaws. I just find it ironic that when we had him out on loan, most people were stating if we had him we probably would win the title but because he chose to leave, people seem to be picking on him and slating him for any opportunity. I mean it is 3 games gone in the season and I already see comments in his thread about how he has shown he is not good enough, we were right to sell. How can people make these judgements after 3 games? I am not just talking about people commenting on his flaws but the extreme levels to which people slate him is quite OTT.

BTW James I was not directing you. I was just making the point that every game where Lukaku does not perform you see numerous amount of people waiting to jump on his back and while I accept he has a lot of flaws I also think people need to give him time. At the end of the day he scores goals.

alright mate, fair enough.

Not much more I can say about Costa and obviously it's far too early to say how great he is.

I will say though I did not expect 4 goals in only 3 games, 2 yellows as well :P although they were undeserved.

I'm really excited for this season though, and touch-wood he doesn't suffer any injuries.