Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

I didn't think he was that bad tbf.

Yeah he didn't shine but it wasn't deserving of being dropped imo. We have far more pressing problems ------> like Costa being expected to basically run the attack by himself, Hazard deciding to be a passenger and we miss RLC's runs,since nobody else is doing them. Oh, and Iva being fucking SHIT

Without looking at the stats I can be 100% sure that he covered the most distance yesterday from our team or at the very least was in the top 3.

That is all good but I would much prefer it if he was controlling play instead of chasing play.

Chasing shadows init.

Covering a lot of ground slowly isn't that impressive.

That is all good but I would much prefer it if he was controlling play instead of chasing play.

But the effort was definitely there. I think it's hard to control play against Porto who press VERY high and with numbers. We were lacking movement and runs especially on the wings so Cesc's mobility, even if slow, was a plus in my eyes and if our attacking midfielders had been as mobile we probably would have gotten a different result.

But the effort was definitely there. I think it's hard to control play against Porto who press VERY high and with numbers. We were lacking movement and runs especially on the wings so Cesc's mobility, even if slow, was a plus in my eyes and if our attacking midfielders had been as mobile we probably would have gotten a different result.

Think you will need some other stats (e.g tackles put in, tackles won, passes made) along with the distance covered to fully justify Fabregas put in the effort against Porto. Otherwise, anyone else could easily run up and down the pitch but if they don't do anything else, then there's no point.

Think you will need some other stats (e.g tackles put in, tackles won, passes made) along with the distance covered to fully justify Fabregas put in the effort against Porto. Otherwise, anyone else could easily run up and down the pitch but if they don't do anything else, then there's no point.

He was better against Porto, but its taken a lot of time for him to raise his game. Whether he can sustain it for a a while remains to be seen. Wont hold my breath

That's a stupid way to put it, especially that I was talking in particular about MOBILITY.

That's a stupid way to put it, especially that I was talking in particular about MOBILITY.

Doesn't really make much of a difference. Using only 'mobility' to justify effort is clutching at straws. It's like Arsenal fans using the 'Distance Covered' statistics to prove Ozil is always active against every opponent in matches.

Doesn't really make much of a difference. Using only 'mobility' to justify effort is clutching at straws. It's like Arsenal fans using the 'Distance Covered' statistics to prove Ozil is always active against every opponent in matches.

Did you even read the post you originally quoted?

I was talking about mobility because that is what I think was our biggest issue against Porto:

We were lacking movement and runs especially on the wings so Cesc's mobility, even if slow, was a plus in my eyes and if our attacking midfielders had been as mobile we probably would have gotten a different result.

And you can't someone didn't put in the effort when he covered the most distance regardless of tackles and passes. I didn't say he was fantastic, I didn't say he was effective. I said he put in the effort and the most effort any player can make is through constant running and covering of distance.

Without looking at the stats I can be 100% sure that he covered the most distance yesterday from our team or at the very least was in the top 3.

You are right, 11.4 km. No other player reached 10 km in our team.

Im surprised people still throw that shit out. He is lazy and joggs for 90min. Thats how he gets 11km. With slow jogging whole game. He doesnt sprint, doesnt chase oppoonent when he loses the ball, anyone gets easily past him and all he does is jogging. He cant mark opponents because they sprint and he doesnt. He moves twice slower than anyone else.

But he got 11km. He is in fit shape for grannies marathon. Great.

Did you even read the post you originally quoted? I was talking about mobility because that is what I think was our biggest issue against Porto:

You talked about mobility and also effort based on how much distance the player covers. I pretty much addressed the things you mentioned.

And you can't someone didn't put in the effort when he covered the most distance regardless of tackles and passes. I didn't say he was fantastic, I didn't say he was effective. I said he put in the effort and the most effort any player can make is through constant running and covering of distance.

Well, it's clear that we have different expectations about effort. A player may cover more distance than his teammates but what's the point in that if that person doesn't do anything else to make the running count? Any Tom, Dick and Harry can just run around on the pitch. This is just like how people used to praise Torres for looking sharp, moving himself about etc even though he ultimately contributed nothing in matches.

Im surprised people still throw that shit out. He is lazy and joggs for 90min. Thats how he gets 11km. With slow jogging whole game. He doesnt sprint, doesnt chase oppoonent when he loses the ball, anyone gets easily past him and all he does is jogging. He cant mark opponents because they sprint and he doesnt. He moves twice slower than anyone else.

But he got 11km. He is in fit shape for grannies marathon. Great.

you get to know exactly how shit the player has been by the kind of excuses and arguments people put in his favour.

remember when people used to say that torres runs a lot?

you get to know exactly how shit the player has been by the kind of excuses and arguments people put in his favour.

remember when people used to say that torres runs a lot?

It is an important stat for players in double pivot and fullbacks imo. You need dynamic, mobile players in those positions.