The Board

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Chelsea make £160m selling players so far I expect a big transfer budget for next season the think I'm worried about is marina buying more Drinkwater or Baka or morata :middlefinger::middlefinger: 

I feel that's what cech's job is. So that such shit buys don't happen.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

How the hell does Arsenal have a net spend 2x of ours? Their current squad is literally dogshit.

They have an owner that gives absolute fucks with them. They truly are in dire situation. My Brother is a gooner and he is livid I tell your. Look at our net spend, 138 in 5 freaking years, no wonder we lack quality all over the pitch compared to the fuckers higher up, and if you buy average players on top of that, well your kinda fucked.

3 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

They have an owner that gives absolute fucks with them. They truly are in dire situation. My Brother is a gooner and he is livid I tell your. Look at our net spend, 138 in 5 freaking years, no wonder we lack quality all over the pitch compared to the fuckers higher up, and if you buy average players on top of that, well your kinda fucked.

Except we don't really lack quality that much. Our midfield looks quite strong, we've got solid central defence, good keeper, Reece James and Azpilicueta for right back position and couple promising wingers up front. All we need is a TOP striker and a left back and we can right up there with Liverpool and City in few seasons if our young players keep progressing and fulfilling their potential. Meanwhile Arsenal and United look absolute shambles and Spurs probably gonna lose their best players and their manager very soon.

16 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Except we don't really lack quality that much. Our midfield looks quite strong, we've got solid central defence, good keeper, Reece James and Azpilicueta for right back position and couple promising wingers up front. All we need is a TOP striker and a left back and we can right up there with Liverpool and City in few seasons if our young players keep progressing and fulfilling their potential. Meanwhile Arsenal and United look absolute shambles and Spurs probably gonna lose their best players and their manager very soon.

We do lack quality overall mate. We have wasted so much cash on dross its unreal, give me 2 quality players instead of 6 average ones any day. But yes if we can get those youths playing consistently and they get better and better, then yes we look very good, but there are no guarantees in footy sadly. We could def use quality striker thats for sure. Utd look a mess, Arsenal seemingly have no budget, but I dont see Potch leaving, the fucker has it good where he is.

15 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

We do lack quality overall mate. We have wasted so much cash on dross its unreal, give me 2 quality players instead of 6 average ones any day. But yes if we can get those youths playing consistently and they get better and better, then yes we look very good, but there are no guarantees in footy sadly. We could def use quality striker thats for sure. Utd look a mess, Arsenal seemingly have no budget, but I dont see Potch leaving, the fucker has it good where he is.

We have wasted A LOT of money on average players over the last few years, that's for sure. Luckily we have also signed few great young players as well and the academy has been producing some excellent talents so we can replace a lot of the deadwood with them. And yes, there's no guarantees that the kids will become top players but at least now they are getting a chance to show what they can do.

If we could somehow manage to sell all the deadwood, pool all that money together and use it to buy Mbappe next summer. How great would that be. Man can dream eh?

20 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Liverpool's net spend is not much higher than ours. The difference is their transfer policy has been based on 'less is more' bringing in a smaller pool of players that are more expensive and of high quality. They have also benefited in that time from having Klopp for most of the period and therefore their purchases have been focused to fit that policy. The squad then is filled out with youth and cheap deals when they come up (Robertson, Milner, Shaqiri) but again its focused to fit entirely with Klopp.

Our transfer policy has been erratic at best in that period and we've also been handicapped by buying players for one manager and then a new one comes in with a different philosophy and ideas. The purchases of Bakayoko and Drinkwater particularly emphasised this. I do think over the last year there does seem to be a shift in what we're looking to do. Last summer we were linked with Seri and Butland (probably as cost effective options because we were looking at other options to add to the squad) and instead we decided to go for top quality and the best available at the time in Jorginho and Kepa. If Lampard can integrate some of these younger players this season we'll have an excellent base to kick on but it will take some time and patience because obviously at the moment we're starting behind City and Liverpool.

4 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Liverpool's net spend is not much higher than ours. The difference is their transfer policy has been based on 'less is more' bringing in a smaller pool of players that are more expensive and of high quality. They have also benefited in that time from having Klopp for most of the period and therefore their purchases have been focused to fit that policy. The squad then is filled out with youth and cheap deals when they come up (Robertson, Milner, Shaqiri) but again its focused to fit entirely with Klopp.

Yeah the last summer has given the illusion that Klopp has always been backed with expensive first choice targets which couldn't be further from the truth.

4 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Our transfer policy has been erratic at best in that period and we've also been handicapped by buying players for one manager and then a new one comes in with a different philosophy and ideas. The purchases of Bakayoko and Drinkwater particularly emphasised this. I do think over the last year there does seem to be a shift in what we're looking to do. Last summer we were linked with Seri and Butland (probably as cost effective options because we were looking at other options to add to the squad) and instead we decided to go for top quality and the best available at the time in Jorginho and Kepa. If Lampard can integrate some of these younger players this season we'll have an excellent base to kick on but it will take some time and patience because obviously at the moment we're starting behind City and Liverpool.

They back the manager with what he wants, they trust in his style and it has paid back handsomely. We dont do that....im all for it if the manager looks to be the real deal. We must start over, but first lets hope our youth bring something to the table.

5 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

We have wasted A LOT of money on average players over the last few years, that's for sure. Luckily we have also signed few great young players as well and the academy has been producing some excellent talents so we can replace a lot of the deadwood with them. And yes, there's no guarantees that the kids will become top players but at least now they are getting a chance to show what they can do.

If we could somehow manage to sell all the deadwood, pool all that money together and use it to buy Mbappe next summer. How great would that be. Man can dream eh?

Yup we def have produced quality youngsters, now is the time to utilize that famous acadamy of ours. We suck at selling deadwood, and thanks to the ban we give 2 years extensions left and right. Not super imo, but hey it is what it is. Forget Mbappe mate, we wont spend that kind of money on 1 player.

44 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yeah the last summer has given the illusion that Klopp has always been backed with expensive first choice targets which couldn't be further from the truth.

No but even in years prior he was backed with his own players, even if they weren't necessarily his first choice target.

The likes of Mane and Wijnaldum were seen at the time as a 'reach' with the money they spent on them and it wasn't like either was ripping up the Premier League at Southampton or Newcastle. But they were Klopp's choices and suited perfectly to what he wants.  If Klopp left, would some of these players be able to adapt and still excel to a new manager with new ideas?

Some of our transfer failings are the direct result of managerial changes that don't offer a consistent evolution in style and philosophy. So whilst Drinkwater and Bakayoko may have suited Conte's style of football, they were never going to suit Sarri and I don't think either will get much, if any gametime under Lampard either.

The days of a Fergie or Wenger reign I just think are gone, especially at the elite clubs. But it would be good if Lampard can be successful and stay here for 4-5 seasons to provide a much more solid structure and base from which the club can continue from even after he has gone, similar in a way to the first Mourinho reign here.

52 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

No but even in years prior he was backed with his own players, even if they weren't necessarily his first choice target.

The likes of Mane and Wijnaldum were seen at the time as a 'reach' with the money they spent on them and it wasn't like either was ripping up the Premier League at Southampton or Newcastle. But they were Klopp's choices and suited perfectly to what he wants.  If Klopp left, would some of these players be able to adapt and still excel to a new manager with new ideas?

Some of our transfer failings are the direct result of managerial changes that don't offer a consistent evolution in style and philosophy. So whilst Drinkwater and Bakayoko may have suited Conte's style of football, they were never going to suit Sarri and I don't think either will get much, if any gametime under Lampard either.

The days of a Fergie or Wenger reign I just think are gone, especially at the elite clubs. But it would be good if Lampard can be successful and stay here for 4-5 seasons to provide a much more solid structure and base from which the club can continue from even after he has gone, similar in a way to the first Mourinho reign here.

Yup Klopp is all about action footy, endless running and very fast when they wanna hurt you, we had that in spades but lost it along the way with shitty transfers and managers comin in and out. We would still be a huge force if Conte was backed the way he deserved it. That 16-17 season was something to behold man.

2 hours ago, the wes said:

"There are indications that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich values the Blues at around £2.5bn but senior figures in the City believe that Spurs may be worth more than that in the current market. The club’s new stadium, combined with state-of-the-art training facilities and the team’s run to this year’s Champions League Final, all make them a more valuable commodity in the present market"

WTF are they smoking up in there? More valuable than Chels? They have won Jack shit for so long, 1 Lucky CL final and a new stadium does not negate all the shit we have done. And we too have elite training facilities.....fucking hell I want what they are smoking.

On 7/16/2019 at 7:36 PM, Mana said:

You say that, but they were in the EL final against us and only finished one point behind us. So they are just narrowly behind us in terms of quality.

Their squad is horrible but Emery is a adaptive manager which is very good if you don't have a very good squad. I bet if belerrin did not have that nasty injury they probably will finish above us in epl.