The Board

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Definitely too early to shit on someone who hasnt even played 1 minute of football for us. Fucking hell. 🤣

Yes the signings havent always been good (suppose thats what you get sacking mansgets every few years and basically handing complete control of transfers to individuals who specialize in business not the on the park footballing side of things) but Kepa, Jorginho and Pulisic will undoubtedly prove their worth and be key parts of this team I would hope.

Is it obvious I'm ready to pounce? :blush:

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Why does it matter? 

We still spent 600m and for that money you get couple world class players. If you look at our squad, its piss poor in most areas.

It doesn't  take a genius to know Chelsea squad is nowhere near city squad I just want to know our income in selling players in the last three years since marina had full power of club we have went down hill from signing Drinkwater Zappa Alonso and a few other players who have been flops 

BAre 2-3 players its money wasted imo, this is what happens when you have a business person running an elite Club with an iron hand. Look at the time line and it tells its own story. FFS get Marina off the transfers coming in, over 600M and this is the state of the suqad.

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Yeah, more or less accurate...

Batshuayi - 33m
Kante - 32m
Alonso - 23m
Luiz - 30m
Rudiger - 29m
Bakayoko - 40m
Morata - 58m
Zappacosta - 23m
Drinkwater - 35m
Barkley - 15m
Emerson - 17.5m
Giroud - 18m
Jorginho - 51m
Kepa - 72m
Pulisic - 57m

(fees - taken from Wiki - in pounds)

WTF Drinkwater cost more than Kante :ph34r: 

48 minutes ago, the wes said:

WTF Drinkwater cost more than Kante :ph34r: 

Its bonkers, and he was bought what 1 season after Kante? Making last min desperate buys gives you no better and cheaper. Over 600M, let that sink in for a sec.....and this is what we have to show for it. Old RA would not have stood for it.

On 25/05/2019 at 1:24 PM, the wes said:

Marina looks like that type woman you come home from a week's hard work and she takes 97% your wages off ya and gives ya the rest 😂😂😂

More like the kind of woman who comes home and gives her other half some pocket money because she's taken pity on their pathetic little paypacket compared to hers.

This will be interesting to keep an eye on. Personally I'll be stunned if Marina loses any responsibilities. If she's going to stop handling transfers and contracts at the executive level, then who is going to take them up instead? If she is going to be doing a new job next season then that makes me wonder if Bruce Buck might be leaving, and Marina will be taking his Job?

16 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Could have signed two Mbappes and still had enough money to buy Rudiger, Jorginho, Kepa and Kante with that 600m

Could have signed Koulibaly ( Ghoulam his best friend confirmed KK was leaving  back then on Instagram but we f up as always), Alex Sandro (we f up in June and he changed his mind after that deal was almost wrapped up), Van Dijk in March-April way before Klopp made a phone call was a deal done (almost). In May Conte was off to vacation thinking VVD is well a deal done but he was furious on Marina as outlets reported because someone waited for way too long and didn’t wrap this deal up after (that Klopp’s phone call) VVD only wanted Liverpool. Etc etc... We were supposed to be a football force in CL not a Europa League team with €600m spent. 

21 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The biggest and most hard blowing mistake, was not upgrading our wing backs after the 2017 title win. 

City won fuck all, yet managed to get Walker, Danilo, and Mendy in July. 

We were the PL champions, and we got  fucking Zappacosta on deadline day. 

could have had João Cancelo and Alex Telles:(

22 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The biggest and most hard blowing mistake, was not upgrading our wing backs after the 2017 title win. 

We were confirmed to be interested in all three but got none. Mendy's distain for Chelsea was leaked by his former club's president, Danilo just said it himself and Walker didn't have to. Nor was it just those three. AOC was targeted to play wingback but also said no. I wrote at the time that I didn't rate Danilo and that I was surprised City signed him, but the other three would have helped us.

Although this was once an outlaying opinion, more Blues fans now seem to accept that we are an unpopular club among professionals. They don't believe in the quality of our squad, they don't like our reputation for dull football, they worry about the instability of our coaching staff, and they are not impressed by our support. It's a long road back from here.

I've written that list of reasons professionals reject Chelsea as if I know them all for a fact. Clearly I don't, but I am convinced that anyone who disagrees with me hasn't really been paying attention.

22 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Poor signings was Conte downfall 

18 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

We were confirmed to be interested in all three but got none. Mendy's distain for Chelsea was leaked by his former club's president, Danilo just said it himself and Walker didn't have to. Nor was it just those three. AOC was targeted to play wingback but also said no. I wrote at the time that I didn't rate Danilo and that I was surprised City signed him, but the other three would have helped us.

Although this was once an outlaying opinion, more Blues fans now seem to accept that we are an unpopular club among professionals. They don't believe in the quality of our squad, they don't like our reputation for dull football, they worry about the instability of our coaching staff, and they are not impressed by our support. It's a long road back from here.

I've written that list of reasons professionals reject Chelsea as if I know them all for a fact. Clearly I don't, but I am convinced that anyone who disagrees with me hasn't really been paying attention.

IIRC, We were low balling Alex Sandro until Juve told us to fuck off and the club were not willing to pay over the odds for Candreva. 

Two players who could of been heavy upgrades on Alonso and Moses. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

IIRC, We were low balling Alex Sandro until Juve told us to fuck off and the club were not willing to pay over the odds for Candreva. 

Two players who could of been heavy upgrades on Alonso and Moses. 

Sandro also made it clear that he was in no big rush to join Chelsea. Perhaps that had as much to do with the breakdown of negotiations as the difference in valuation.

24 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Sandro also made it clear that he was in no big rush to join Chelsea. Perhaps that had as much to do with the breakdown of negotiations as the difference in valuation.

Juve strung Marina Puppetova along like a trout on an 6 pound test line for two years with Alex Sandro

Alex Telles was there for the taking the whole time and said he would love to come to West London, smdh

obviously at the time I would have loved Sandro, but Telles would have been a vast upgrade and is basically a full 2 years younger as well

40 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Juve strung Marina Puppetova along like a trout on an 6 pound test line for two years with Alex Sandro

Alex Telles was there for the taking the whole time and said he would love to come to West London, smdh

obviously at the time I would have loved Sandro, but Telles would have been a vast upgrade and is basically a full 2 years younger as well

Cant demand much better with a business woman in charge of transfers and how they are cunducted.....dont worry though, RA is well pleased by his puppet and all seems silky smooth. I dont wanna go hard on her, she looks like she is very astute with sponsors and player sales. But getting new players in, getting the deal done fast etc, she is utterlt hopeless and our squad shows this.