The Board

Xavi gone, Iniesta slowly being phased out. Their best XI has very few Barca products in it.

7 of their 11 starters were bought, many for enormous sums.

Xavi gone, Iniesta slowly being phased out. Their best XI has very few Barca products in it.

7 of their 11 starters were bought, many for enormous sums.

"The very best sides like Real Madrid, Bayern, and Barca barely have any academy players in their teams. They go out and splash millions and millions on players EVEN AFTER WINNING TITLES."

even 4 players out of 11 IS not a small deed. pique, busquet, iniesta, messi. 4 starters. NOT AT ALL A SMALL DEED. infact its a massively thing.

and lets talk about their squad. currently they have the above 4 plus pedro, rafinha, bartra, haddidi, sandro, roberto. infact most of their bench is their own youth products. these are not their just to make up the numbers of the HG spot, these players get fair enough game time. pedro, haddidi and sandro will be their backups for MSN. roberto, rafinha are their only options for midfield in case biscuits, iniesta or rakitic get injured.

also, at one point of time valdes, pique, puyol,biscuits, iniesta, xavi, messi, pedro.. were all from their youth system. barca products. so the "very best of sides" like barca and bayern did have plenty of academy products. infact they were at their peak with their academy products.

also, if you consider the amounts spent on making the barca squad and the chelsea squad, i think we will be way way higher.

"The very best sides like Real Madrid, Bayern, and Barca barely have any academy players in their teams. They go out and splash millions and millions on players EVEN AFTER WINNING TITLES."

even 4 players out of 11 IS not a small deed. pique, busquet, iniesta, messi. 4 starters. NOT AT ALL A SMALL DEED. infact its a massively thing.

and lets talk about their squad. currently they have the above 4 plus pedro, rafinha, bartra, haddidi, sandro, roberto. infact most of their bench is their own youth products. these are not their just to make up the numbers of the HG spot, these players get fair enough game time. pedro, haddidi and sandro will be their backups for MSN. roberto, rafinha are their only options for midfield in case biscuits, iniesta or rakitic get injured.

also, at one point of time valdes, pique, puyol,biscuits, iniesta, xavi, messi, pedro.. were all from their youth system. barca products. so the "very best of sides" like barca and bayern did have plenty of academy products. infact they were at their peak with their academy products.

also, if you consider the amounts spent on making the barca squad and the chelsea squad, i think we will be way way higher.

Fair enough.

All I'm trying to say is that this huge fervor about it being necessary to integrate youth at any cost is annoying. When we don't go after players who can improve us immediately because there are a couple of promising teenagers that may or may not be good enough, that's where my problem is.

i would really want to know which all "dead weights" are you tlaking about?

Mikel, Ramy, Moses (to an extent) and possibly Oscar.

Playing Iva and Dave as RB & LB is going to wear thin as well. They are very limited going forward.

They are a few more players who we won't see in action till the season starts that might come under that bracket also.

Jesus - how is it that all of a sudden:

Net Transfer Spend = Success

It absolutely fucking DOES NOT

City and PSG have spent sooo much in the past 5 years - probably £200million a season just on transfers - are they any nearer winning the CL? No! They're still shocking - same with PSG.

Stop believing the bollox that Transfer Spend = Success

Transfer Spend buys you players and there's a 50/50 chance they will perform for you - it's an awful gamble.

Having a settled, well drilled team and improving the squad season on season is a much more sensible way of doing things - tears how UTD built an Era.

Having a larger stadium also helps financially and allows the exponential growth of the club. :)

Prime example is this year's CL finalists, Juve. Buffon apart, I think their entire 10 outfield players combined cost less than 25-30m.

Mikel, Ramy, Moses (to an extent) and possibly Oscar.

Playing Iva and Dave as RB & LB is going to wear thin as well. They are very limited going forward.

They are a few more players who we won't see in action till the season starts that might come under that bracket also.

remy, mikel and moses (especially moses) had very good games. we should have been leading 3-0 at HT and if remy comes in your definition of "dead weight", then i have nothing to say to you.

iva was the best RB in the PL while azpi is the best defensive LB in the world probably.

remy, mikel and moses (especially moses) had very good games. we should have been leading 3-0 at HT and if remy comes in your definition of "dead weight", then i have nothing to say to you.

iva was the best RB in the PL while azpi is the best defensive LB in the world probably.

Ramy = Ramires

Remy is far from dead weight.

As I said above, they are limited going forward. IMO, we only have one blessed wide man.

Ramy = Ramires

Remy is far from dead weight.

rambo was not poor alone. there were 10 other players who were poor. as for the other "dead weights", they were quite good. so i am just surprised how this match showed anything about them when it was actually our first team (costa, hazard, oscar, matic, rambo, jt, zouma, azpi) that conceded 4 and in general were poor.

rambo was not poor alone. there were 10 other players who were poor. as for the other "dead weights", they were quite good. so i am just surprised how this match showed anything about them when it was actually our first team (costa, hazard, oscar, matic, rambo, jt, zouma, azpi) that conceded 4 and in general were poor.

I'm talking about what he offers and not specifically about last night. We have depth in numbers, but not in quality.

I'm talking about what he offers and not specifically about last night. We have depth in numbers, but not in quality.

"Last night showed how much dead weight we currently have and what we're missing."

am i misreading this post of yours? cos it specifies last night.

as for our depth, i think it is quite good in the AM department.

"Last night showed how much dead weight we currently have and what we're missing."

am i misreading this post of yours? cos it specifies last night.

as for our depth, i think it is quite good in the AM department.

Last night backed up my original feelings. That's what that sentence meant. I have to thoroughly disagree with the last bit.

Last night backed up my original feelings. That's what that sentence meant. I have to thoroughly disagree with the last bit.

each to his own. was and still am a little surprised by "last night" being used as negative for the likes of mikel and moses.

as for our AM department

hazard - the best player of PL

willian - one of our best players from jan-may.

oscar - one of our best players from august to dec.

cuad - jury is still out there. 343 minutes of football spread over 14 games is hardly a yard stick to measure anyone.

moses - a very good back up. hard working, physical, and a very good dribbler. a handful to any full back.

traore - one of our best academy products.

these 6 wont be the best 6 options out there but they are good.

each to his own. was and still am a little surprised by "last night" being used as negative for the likes of mikel and moses.

as for our AM department

cuad - jury is still out there. 343 minutes of football spread over 14 games is hardly a yard stick to measure anyone.

moses - a very good back up. hard working, physical, and a very good dribbler. a handful to any full back.

This, I'm actually fine with our depth in AM. Obviously we don't have a world class RW but the ones we have are good enough.

as for our AM department

I said Moses to an extent, as he was shocking one of the bright spots last night, but he's limited IMO.

In regards to rest, we need them to be consistent for the majority of the season. We don't need passengers for different chunks. If they deliver from the get go; they'll suffice.

I don't get TalkChelsea, I really don't.

The same people screaming at the top of their lungs we're wasting such an amazing generation of young players (which I don't completely agree with, but it's the absolutely truth for many of you), is moaning now even louder because we don't sign new players although our manager said if some of the English young talent we have now don't make it to England NT in five years it would be on him.

Mourinho couldn't have been more honest and straight with us since he's arrived back. First season he said wasn't for titles, we weren't ready, small horses and all that while also saying the following we'd be ready. He kept the speech throughout the whole of his second season and started talking about developing youth. Do people expect those kids to magically be integrated in 2020?

So you either defend youth development and integration and accept the onus that comes with it: making room for them to play in the first team as subs somewhat often (starting with matches far and apart and progressing from there) or you keep bringing players either on their peak or about to explode, with tons of professional matches on their belts.

We need more depth on the bench, I fully support the idea, but if Mourinho and the board want to use our loaned players and youth to gradually become our bench, it's a gamble most of people here should support as they don't cease to give Mourinho stick for not integrating young players. Also there has been some pressure on us to use our academy players and people are start to raise eyebrows on our loan system, I think we're going to start justify both.

HALLELUJAH, THE VOICE OF REASON!

We can't have both and some people just don't fucking get it. Thanks for this post B.

People really need to get over this romantic emotional attatchment to 'da youf'.

Chelsea FC is a corporate business, and the academy a production line, a factory to make profit.

"Bbbbbutttt the youth, josh...." No its a ruthless business, for profit, and thats it.