Paulinho

themightyblue

We bought Ramires after great performances in Portugal which, in my opinion, is a really decent league.

£17m for a soon-to-be 25 year old coming from Brazil is just wrong. We paid a premium price for a young and incredibly talented Oscar and he didn't cost much more than £17m. But Paulinho? Does he have much more than he's already shown? From what I've seen I'd be distraught if my club paid over £12m for him.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We bought Ramires after great performances in Portugal which, in my opinion, is a really decent league.

£17m for a soon-to-be 25 year old coming from Brazil is just wrong. We paid a premium price for a young and incredibly talented Oscar and he didn't cost much more than £17m. But Paulinho? Does he have much more than he's already shown? From what I've seen I'd be distraught if my club paid over £12m for him.

Being a little bitter I think, he is well worth the 17m

Playing for Audax São Paulo, FC Vilnius, ŁKS Łódź, Audax São Paulo Esporte Clube, Clube Atlético Bragantino and then Corinthians by the age of 25 doesn't exactly scream £17m-rated player to me. Regardless how good he may be he's yet to properly prove himself. I think it's a silly figure.

He now starts for Brazil. That's all you need to know about how he's progressed as a player and how good of a team he can play for. And there's no such thing as "regardless of how good he may be". If he's good, he'll do well anywhere.

We also happened to lose his team just 6-7 months ago.

We also happened to lose his team just 6-7 months ago.

We also lost to QPR but none of their players are good enough for us. Also Paulinho's club Corinthians are currently struggling mid-table this season, if that adds anything to this.

Another shit piece of English sports journalism. Paulinho's buy-out clause is of 17mi euros. So, they either didnt convert the currency (which is very common) or Spurs simply wanted to overpay because they are generous!

We also lost to QPR but none of their players are good enough for us. Also Paulinho's club Corinthians are currently struggling mid-table this season, if that adds anything to this.

Obviously Paulinho is a good player by the time he starts ahead of Ramires, Lucas Leiva, Fernando (Porto), Hernanes, Fernando (Shakhtar) etc etc.

Didn't rate him at first look but don't judge a book by the its cover. Hes impressed me for most games hes featured in with Brazil that I've seen.

Some players take the quick route to the top, like Messi, who was a phenomenon at a really young age and some others take their time, like Drogba did, didn't really achieve anything until he was around 23 or 24 in France.

But so does Fred.

1) Fred is a great player, the best striker Brazil has right now.

2) Paulinho gets to the Brazilian team in a position Brazil has many options and that alone speaks for itself.

3) Paulinho is a late bloomer, it doesnt matter where he has played in the beginning of his career. It matters that he plays for one of the biggest clubs of Brazil, winning everything one can possibly win (being Corinthian's major player).

4) Ramires was around the same price and he isnt that better of a player (if any). He played for Benfica, which is in a worse league and dominates the other teams, making it easier for Rambo to put spetacular performances. More than Paulinho can at Brasileirao...

2) Paulinho gets to the Brazilian team in a position Brazil has many options and that alone speaks for itself.

3) Paulinho is a late bloomer, it doesnt matter where he has played in the beginning of his career. It matters that he plays for one of the biggest clubs of Brazil and one everything one can possibly win (being Corinthian's major player).

4) Ramires was around the same price and he isnt that better of a player (if any). He played for Benfica, which is in a worse league and dominates the other teams, making it easier for Rambo to put spetacular performances than Paulinho can at Brasileirao.

1) Impossible to be 'great' unless he changes his name to Fredodinho. Also is Neymar not a striker then? What is he? A support striker? :ph34r:

2) True but many players deserve to be in that Brazil team over others. Diego Alves over Julio Cesar as an example, Dante over Luiz considering how he's performed for Munich, arguably Alex Sandro who while in a 'lesser' league than Marcelo performed much more consistently and outright better. Also Ramires would likely be starting these matches had he not been left out of the squad for being late.

3) Can't argue with that.

4) Ramires may or may not be a better player - but he's certainly proven more. Clutch goals vs. the likes of Barcelona, Manchester United, Manchester City. Consistently being a thorn vs. any European opponent he came up against for Benfica. Also compare his 34 caps to Paulinho's 15. That's not by accident. More caps than Fernando, Paulinho, Hernanes, Gustavo, Sandro & Romulo. How has Ramires managed more caps than Lazio's best player & a Bayern Munich regular? Because he's a great player. A proper great player.

3) Paulinho is a late bloomer, it doesnt matter where he has played in the beginning of his career. It matters that he plays for one of the biggest clubs of Brazil and one everything one can possibly win (being Corinthian's major player).

4) Ramires was around the same price and he isnt that better of a player (if any). He played for Benfica, which is in a worse league and dominates the other teams, making it easier for Rambo to put spetacular performances than Paulinho can at Brasileirao.

Don't forget to add the Copa Libertadores. IMHO that is hella lot tougher than Portuguese Liga. Also I truly believe CFC were watching Ramires during his time w/ Cruzeiro, where he had more of an impact than for Benfica. In fact Ramires was a key contributor for Cruzeiro during their amazing Libertadores run in '09 when they were runner's-up. Soon after that run, Benfica snatched up Ramires.

1) Impossible to be 'great' unless he changes his name to Fredodinho. Also is Neymar not a striker then? What is he? A support striker? :ph34r:

2) True but many players deserve to be in that Brazil team over others. Diego Alves over Julio Cesar as an example, Dante over Luiz considering how he's performed for Munich, arguably Alex Sandro who while in a 'lesser' league than Marcelo performed much more consistently and outright better. Also Ramires would likely be starting these matches had he not been left out of the squad for being late.

4) Ramires may or may not be a better player - but he's certainly proven more. Clutch goals vs. the likes of Barcelona, Manchester United, Manchester City. Consistently being a thorn vs. any European opponent he came up against for Benfica. Also compare his 34 caps to Paulinho's 15. That's not by accident. More caps than Fernando, Paulinho, Hernanes, Gustavo, Sandro & Romulo. How has Ramires managed more caps than Lazio's best player & a Bayern Munich regular? Because he's a great player. A proper great player.

Neymar plays as the left winger. I wonder if you even watch Brazil/Paulinho play

1) Fred is a really good player dude, just ask any Lyon fan. The problem is that he is old and our young options all failed (Pato, Jo and Damiao), but there is no miracle Brazil can do, it is not like we can use the transfer window to buy a good #9. Also, Neymar is not a striker, he is a foward playing as a left-wing, which is very different. This will get off topic though, we better move it to the International thread or stop.

2) I dont deny that (although I disagree with all your examples). However, there will always be discutions like that with a national team like Brazil (as there are with Spain and Germany), every time people have complains because X, Y or Z didnt make the cut. So, because Paulinho does get the starting job and performs well is enough proof that he is a great player and up to the task of playing at a high level in EPL (which is obviously a big jump from the Brazilian League)...

4) I agree, but all of that was after Chelsea, wasn't it? I was comparing Ramires' pricetag when he was still in Benfica. With that raw Rambo in mind, I think no one can say he was worth more than what Paulinho is now. I mean, both transfers were not bargains, but neither were they bad deals.

All I am saying is that Paulinho has earned the right to move a good European team for 17mi euros!

All I am saying is that Paulinho has earned the right to move a good European team for 17mi euros!

People you do know that Romper hates Corinthians right? So for him posting this means a whole hella of a lot. I am sure he was trembling when he typed this sentence out. Now w/ that out of the way, IMHO Paulinho is worth at least 25 mill. I hope Timão says fuck off spudz & keep him. However I have been following Timão for a while now & the Cartolas will figure out that there is a replacement on the Youth squad <_<

According to MARCA, Corinthians' President Mario Gobbi Filho has released a statement this Wednesday saying that the departure of Paulinho is "imminent", but has not said where the player will be going. Tottenham and Real Madrid are interested.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You