Paulinho

themightyblue

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good purchase for the Spurs to improve their midfield even further, and even though Paulinho gets some goals from the midfield you still think they need more goals from the rest of the team. They really need to get some goal scorers in that team.

Who's better between him and Gustavo?

Seriously? I just asked for people to stop thinking he is a DM and then you ask which of Luiz Gustavo (DM) or Paulinho (CM) is better? They both play together for the Brazilian NT...

Who's better between him and Gustavo?

gustavo. proven to be a top player at a great club and is a CDM as opposed to someone in ramires position who probably isnt as good (ramires is awesome)

Seriously? I just asked for people to stop thinking he is a DM and then you ask which of Luiz Gustavo (DM) or Paulinho (CM) is better? They both play together for the Brazilian NT...

I wouldn't have asked if I watched them regularly.

Don't need a pissy response to an honest question.

I wouldn't have asked if I watched them regularly.

Don't need a pissy response to an honest question.

I know, but I had just posted that he wasnt a DM (you even quoted) and then you ask who is better. Didnt make much sense...

To better answer your question, Gustavo and Paulinho are very different players and it is hard to compare. Paulinho is a box-to-box midfielder who is an average defender but very good at being the surprise men in the attack, while Gustavo is a typical quality DM with a strong left foot. Like I said, very different players!

Paulinho is an improved Scott Parker, with better pace and finishing (and about the same level when passing or marking). He will be a great add to Spurs, especially because he will keep their defence solid and he will be another good scoring option besides Bale and Defoe/Adebayor. He is a good player, very good actually, but nothing hugely spetacular...

Sorry if I came out rude, wasnt my intention!

It all depends on what midfield mourinho will employ but if he has brains he will know that he cant repeat the disaster he created with the madrid midfield.

To look at Alonso and Khedira as starters together was a disgrace, he cant do that here.

In chelsea he will either get A great DM to play with someone who is of the chemistry of Thiago, Modric.

Or he buys a Box To Box like paulinho to pair up with someone who is not as adventurous as the pair mentioned and can hold him self in the defense such as Illaramendi which chelsea should probably start looking at.

Or Gundogan. Although he will be tough to yank from Madrid. Maybe even barca as i see barca going after gundogan if they lose thiago to united.

Chelsea would be well set with a well balanced midfield and with oscar infront of the expected double pivot.

Tottenham fear Chelsea may swoop in and hijack £15m transfer of Brazilian midfielder Paulinho #CFC #THFC (Mirror) lol

I also read in The Guardian that in Brazil there is a suggestion that Mou interested in Paulinho and Luiz Gustavo.

He would actually fit good as an alternative for De Rossi. If De rossi is realy a realistic target...

It isnt close at all, if we are realy in for him. He said he'll decide his future after the tournament

Ramires and Paulinho? You are kidding right?

Yes. They both have the same style of play. They are like for like players, with their box-to-box play who both make the occasional long bursting runs, just seems that Paulinho is preferred for Brazil.

We brought Ramires for pretty much the same price. I think its a fair price for him.

Few days ago he was quoted that he'll test the offer and decide only after the CONF, so there is a suggestion that those new ones are fake.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You