Paulinho

themightyblue

Dear God... You guys don't know how good he is... Ok he is in bad shape right now... But this is because of the style of football of Tottenham! Just take a look at Coutinho... After he moved from Inter to Liverpool, he turned out to be another Player! And i believe its the same for him! I am a supporter of Corinthians, so i watched him for 3 years and i say for sure that he is good! Look his matches for Brazil(confederations cup) and Corinthians(libertadores - South american Ucl)... He is another player. And its his first year at England, coming directly from Brazil... He is the kind that shows up in big matches! Can't wait to see him wearing Blue.

Just ask @Rmpr, @Henrique, @Dion and @Barbara, all supporters from rivals of Corinthians in Brazil...

Paulinho may have done well previously at Corinthians and you're right to suggest that we perhaps should cut him some slack given it's his first season in England and the mess Spurs have been in this season. However on the other hand, his performances and form could also suggest he may not fit right in with the nature of English football. Not saying he definitely won't but maybe, the signs are there watching him this season. It's a risk, a major risk with huge repurcussions if we were to get him.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone done well for the Spurs this year?

I don't rate Paulinho that highly and not so much as a cm in the pivot, however, if we switch to 4-3-3, I think paulinho would do well here.

Probably only Lloris and Eriksen..

Paulinho is overrated despite the calamitous season Spurs have had and the underwhelming season he has. I just saw Kovacic rip it up for Inter with two jaw-dropping, amazing assists that will make Iniesta blush. Those are the calibre of players we should be pairing alongside Matic, not Paulinho who has been terribly overrated even from his Corinthians days. He's been living up his Confederations cup hype and as far as I'm concerned, Ramires is a better player. No, just NO.

The fact that we're even getting linked to this guy bothers me a little.

No, thanks. Why on god's earth would we want a Spurs reject?

The media is desperate to create rumors. What's next: Lamela to Chelsea? Their only good player is Lloris, whom I feel sorry for because he deserves a better team.

Eriksen is pretty damn good.

Bender

Rakitic

Kovacic

Martinez. One of them please...if we can't get Vidal.

Fuck Paulinho.

How funny is it that years ago, if we were linked with signing a current Brazilian midfielder, this place would be buzzing with excitement. Now, the pro's are out to have his head before he's even put pen to paper. He has obviously fallen out of favour with his current club, which is very common when the manager that signed him was sacked. I'm not saying this guy will be the next big thing, but I think he will surprise many. Imagine how pissed those fuckwits would be if we got him cheap and he turned out to be awesome?

How funny is it that years ago, if we were linked with signing a current Brazilian midfielder, this place would be buzzing with excitement. Now, the pro's are out to have his head before he's even put pen to paper. He has obviously fallen out of favour with his current club, which is very common when the manager that signed him was sacked. I'm not saying this guy will be the next big thing, but I think he will surprise many. Imagine how pissed those fuckwits would be if we got him cheap and he turned out to be awesome?

I do feel the same like he will be a pleasant surprise.

The thing I'm trying to wrap my head is that levy would want to do business with us after the whole Willian thing.

I say between 15 to 20 million would be a reasonable price.

If those fools try to hustle us I'm afraid the club will look elsewhere.

Spurs selling cheap? Signed for 17m last year. Will go for around that or even higher. Chelsea can do a lot better at that price

I do feel the same like he will be a pleasant surprise.

The thing I'm trying to wrap my head is that levy would want to do business with us after the whole Willian thing.

I say between 15 to 20 million would be a reasonable price.

If those fools try to hustle us I'm afraid the club will look elsewhere.

Spurs selling cheap? Signed for 17m last year. Will go for around that or even higher. Chelsea can do a lot better at that price

I do agree, but in the past we have tried to buy players off them that were actually in form. Spurs might be looking to cut their loses and move on. Paulinho has said he wants Chelsea, so I guess the balls in our court.

We could lose Mikel and Lampard in the summer, and send MVG on loan.In that scenario we would need two midfielders. So it is possible that we would need two midfielders. In that scenario he would not be a bad signing.

We could lose Mikel and Lampard in the summer, and send MVG on loan.In that scenario we would need two midfielders. So it is possible that we would need two midfielders. In that scenario he would not be a bad signing.

too many ifs in there and even if the 3 of them leave would rather sign a better player and drop Rami down to bench option

I do agree, but in the past we have tried to buy players off them that were actually in form. Spurs might be looking to cut their loses and move on. Paulinho has said he wants Chelsea, so I guess the balls in our court.

doubt it but we'll see what happens

The problem is Paulinho isnt the type of player Chelsea currently needs!

We should sign someone who can control the tempo and dictate our transition from defence to attack with quality passes and Paulinho isnt that type of player. Paulinho is a typical box-to-box with a good goal scoring sense, but that is not what we should be looking for. We should be looking for someone in the the characteristics of a Modric, Xavi, Pirlo, Gundoghan, Schweinsteiger, etc.

He is not the midfielder who is going to add in creativity, which is something we really need...

The problem is Paulinho isnt the type of player Chelsea currently needs!

We should sign someone who can control the tempo and dictate our transition from defence to attack with quality passes and Paulinho isnt that type of player. Paulinho is a typical box-to-box with a good goal scoring sense, but that is not what we should be looking for. We should be looking for someone in the the characteristicsa of Modric, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Pirlo, Gundoghan, Schweinsteiger, etc.

He is not the midfielder who is going to add in creativity, which is something we really need...

Witsel! Pjanic! They get my vote.

All the pros and cons have been discussed already. My two cents - I hope it's smoke and mirrors to keep our real targets from being leaked.

Do you actually believe our board is capable of such secrecy? :lol:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You