Paulinho

themightyblue

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Paulinho is a box-to-box midfielder who "is a strong and powerful runner, pushing his side forward from midfield to supplement his fine defensive work. Paulinho also offers a useful presence in set piece situations at both ends of the pitch."

In other words, we dont need him!

OFF TOPIC

All he done was kick lumps out of our midfield, if we wanted a shit player who could kick lumps out of people we would ask Roy Keane to come out of retirement.

Just saw this...ha.

As much as I hate United, Roy Keane was an absolute midfield general. Maybe you're a little too young to remember the player, instead of the youtube clips of his red cards, so i'll forgive you.

I'll just leave this here...oh, and do note Edgar Davids and a little player called Zinedine Zidane in the opposing midfield.

well we could do with more protection for our defense. and we are also linked with moutinho. if we got both that should solve our midfield issues.

Not really, because Paulinho will neither add the defense protection a DM would nor the passing and creativity a DLP would. He is the type of player we dont currently use!

Paulinho is really good, but we dont need him. He is not the type of player to play on a 4-2-3-1, specially when you dont have a player like Ralf (that kills himself to defend and get possession back) alongside him.

Our best pairing is a proper DM (Capoue, Mikel, Chalobah, etc) and a great DLP (Modric, Moutinho, Benat, Oscar, etc)...

Not really, because Paulinho will neither add the defense protection a DM would nor the passing and creativity a DLP would. He is the type of player we dont currently use!

Our best pairing is a proper DM (Capoue, Mikel, Chalobah, etc) and a great DLP (Modric, Moutinho, Benat, Oscar, etc)...

bayern used swein and martinez to great effect and i wouldnt call either of them DLP. i would prefer a defensive midfielder like lars bender put with a powerful box to box like axel witsel. i dont like small weak midfielders.

bayern used swein and martinez to great effect and i wouldnt call either of them DLP. i would prefer a defensive midfielder like lars bender put with a powerful box to box like axel witsel. i dont like small weak midfielders.

Swein? Do you mean Schweinsteiger? :lol:

Alright, first of all, Javi Martinez is a DM, so that is already very different. Second of all, Schweinsteiger simply does everything, he is in another level and anyone you put besides him will basically thrive. You cant compare any team with Bayern right now!

If you want a fair comparisson, give me Khedira and Xabi Alonso. One is rather similar to Paulinho (even though Khedira defend absurdly better) and the other is almost the same as Moutinho. Even then, Mourinho decided to play Pepe in many Barcelona matches to give the pivot more protection and try to contain Messi. Also, if you watched Dortumund's game, you will see how vulnerable they both were.

Paulinho needs a DM with him because he is not one and so does Moutinho. They would never work together!

i will never understand why paulinho is picked for brazil ahead of fernando (porto) , fernandinho and luiz gustavo. he is good but all 3 are better.

Maybe because two of the players you posted play in a different position and the other plays in Ukraine (a league no Brazilian watches)?

yeah they are defensive midfield. but i have seen ramires and paulinho play together which meant no CDM which was stupid. surely fernandinhos great champions league form should be enough to get him a place. he is brazils best midfielder. this is why they will fail at the world cup because they dont look to these players like fernandinho , willian and taison. fernando is a quality defensive mid and he dosent even have 1 cap. gustavo destroyed madrid last year and he has 3..... ridiculous

yeah they are defensive midfield. but i have seen ramires and paulinho play together which meant no CDM which was stupid. surely fernandinhos great champions league form should be enough to get him a place. he is brazils best midfielder. this is why they will fail at the world cup because they dont look to these players like fernandinho , willian and taison. fernando is a quality defensive mid and he dosent even have 1 cap. gustavo destroyed madrid last year and he has 3..... ridiculous

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! :lol:

Brazil will fail because we dont look at players like Fernandinho, Willian and Taison? FUCKING LUNATIC! :lol2:

Brazil's double pivot will almost certainly be Fernando (Gremio) and Hernanes (Lazio), an excellent combination of DM and CM. With Luiz Gustavo, Ramires or Paulinho as backups. Ramires and Paulinho only played against England, the very first Scolari match in charge.

Also, in a 4-2-3-1, with the attacking trio of Lucas-Oscar-Neymar and Hulk, Kaka, Ronaldinho or Bernard as options, there is no space for Willian who decided to fuck up with his career by going to Russia. Taison is just a joke of a player, he is no Brazil NT material.

Brazil will fail because it aint ready and their top players are still way too young and unexperienced, not because we are giving the Ukrainian Brazilians a chance. Only Thiago Silva, Julio Cesar and Fred are ready for this World Cup, the rest still needs to mature (hoping that in a year, players like David Luiz, Marcelo, Fernando, Lucas and Oscar can hugely improve)...

Yes, Schweinsteiger is exactly a DLP.

Swein? Do you mean Schweinsteiger? :lol:

Alright, first of all, Javi Martinez is a DM, so that is already very different. Second of all, Schweinsteiger simply does everything, he is in another level and anyone you put besides him will basically thrive. You cant compare any team with Bayern right now!

If you want a fair comparisson, give me Khedira and Xabi Alonso. One is rather similar to Paulinho (even though Khedira defend absurdly better) and the other is almost the same as Moutinho. Even then, Mourinho decided to play Pepe in many Barcelona matches to give the pivot more protection and try to contain Messi. Also, if you watched Dortumund's game, you will see how vulnerable they both were.

Paulinho needs a DM with him because he is not one and so does Moutinho. They would never work together!

Yup. Schweini is the best DLP in the world right now. But he has not exactly been Bayern's best player this season. Robbery and esp Müller have been the main reasons for their prolific offense whilst Dante has probably been the best Bundesliga signing ever.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! :lol:

Brazil will fail because we dont look at players like Fernandinho, Willian and Taison? FUCKING LUNATIC! :lol2:

Brazil's double pivot will almost certainly be Fernando (Gremio) and Hernanes (Lazio), an excellent combination of DM and CM. With Luiz Gustavo, Ramires or Paulinho as backups. Ramires and Paulinho only played against England, the very first Scolari match in charge.

Also, in a 4-2-3-1, with the attacking trio of Lucas-Oscar-Neymar and Hulk, Kaka, Ronaldinho or Bernard as options, there is no space for Willian who decided to fuck up with his career by going to Russia. Taison is just a joke of a player, he is no Brazil NT material.

Brazil will fail because it aint ready and their top players are still way too young and unexperienced, not because we are giving the Ukrainian Brazilians a chance. Only Thiago Silva, Julio Cesar and Fred are ready for this World Cup, the rest still needs to mature (hoping that in a year, players like David Luiz, Marcelo, Fernando, Lucas and Oscar can hugely improve)...

fernandinho is brazils best central midfielder its as simple as that. would belgium forget about witsel because he went to russia? the fernando - hernanes pivot did look good though.

fernandinho is brazils best central midfielder its as simple as that. would belgium forget about witsel because he went to russia? the fernando - hernanes pivot did look good though.

That is the difference between Brazil and all other nations. We have way too many good players, if you are not in the spotlight, you are easily forgotten. If Witsel comes to any country he will still be picked because there is no other contender at all.

Hernanes has been excleent in Serie A, whereas Fernandinho had one good UCL group stage and that is all. It doesnt matter if Fernandinho is better or not, nobody fucking cares because it is not him that will make the difference, Hernanes or Paulinho are very much capable of handling the job. You simply dont pick a player who has proven fuck all to be Brazil's first CM choice.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You