Chelsea 1-3 Atletico Madrid

Jase

Man of the Match  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Worst performance in the whole season, when we had to play the best. Absolutely no spirit. We showed nothing.

One of the most stupid decisions to allow Courtois play in the semis.

Congrats to Atletico and good luck in the final.

He has earned it. I think it was a right decision for him to play. Plus its a good experience for him when he returns to us.

Thought we played alright, but got undone by that late goal in the first half. Second substitute shouldn't have happened; we were so much more compact before the sub and I think we would of rode Athletico's pressure in the second half and it could of swung the other way. Penalty was annoying, Costa played for it but no idea what Eto was doing.

Hazard fell asleep for both the goals, just wasn't concentrating. Nothing to do with his fitness, he was as explosive as ever going forward and saw him running up and down the pitch all game.

On to next year; let's sign us a new striker / midfield partner for Matic and go again! :)

Well Atlético deserved it, let's be real about that. Simeone has anounced himself as an elite coach.

Sad to see this, semi-final isn't bad, but of course everyone wanted the final. Next year we'll be more dangerous. Atlético are no pushovers and as I tought, worst matchup for us. Very few tems come to the Bridge and score 3.

KTBFFH mates.

Good luck Atleti. This is the kind of defeat I can take, they were the better team and won fair and square without foul play. Disappointing that we lost 3-1 at home, but we made it this far with a team that is so lacking.

We'll get it next year.

Better team won, congratulations to Atletico Madrid. Not our day to say the least, though, it is an achievement to reach the semis with team of ours - we lack a proper striker(s) and balance in general. We will be back.

Silver lining to all this is that it stressed the need for 2-3 marquee signings to share the pressure and deliver.