John Stones

Sidzeret

£30m+ is very different to £16m, and Chambers was originally a RB that can play CB. Like unsaid you really can't compare it.

Again I ask, how do you even know Varane would cost 50m?

we are paying 30+mil does not mean HE IS WORTH 30+MIL. 20mil would have been the MAX for me. so as i see it, we are paying double (or more) of his actual value. so it is comparable. just cos we are doing a stupid thing by paying OTT does not mean its not. we are buying a player of "potential" who would not be anywhere near our starting 11 currently, instead of spending it on a player who would improve us.

i dont know.like i said, i was spitballing. say he is worth 50mil euros. if we are willing to pay 15-20mil pounds (21-30 mil euros) above stones' proper value, we can do the same for varane. cant we?

as for hummels, i have watched him plenty of times. probably, you need to watch to understand the difference between a world class defender and a david luiz.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owen Hargreaves recently said that United should stay well clear of him.

hahahha...

so since they were last in the BVB, united should not buy him? did not bolton get relegated the year we bought GC from them? "i dont think he can defend" hahahah...i am very surprised owen hargreaves said it cos he should have got a lot of time watching football lying on the hospital bed. probably he had been injured so often, has forgotten the ABCD of football.

People forgetting the two years Dortmund won the league, Hummels was top class and by far the best CB in Germany. In fact I'm sure people who are now describing him as whatever probably would've welcomed him here with open arms.

No,Hummels wasn´t the best CB in Germany.Subotic was the best and Hummels always looked good because of Subotic who was in his prime.Sadly,Subotic had a serious injury and after that,he wasn´t the same.

After the injury of Subotic,the decline of Hummels started because there was no player near the level of Subotic,so Hummels started to look very bad.

I wouldn´t buy Hummels for more that 15 million euros because he is a big risk when it comes to defending.Yes,he has a good technique,he can score goals,but he is not a world class defender.He reminds me so much of Luiz,maybe he does not do that many mistakes,but the mistakes are there and in the PL,he will increase his mistakes because of the many good teams we have here.

Ramos will by all accounts sign an extension to stay at Real Madrid this week. Hopefully that doesn't mean United go after Stones.

Hurry up, Chelsea!

Chill out, mate. It makes no sense for United to get another young defender when they already have the likes of Evans, Jones and Smalling. What they need now is an experienced defender (whether he's good or not is another question I guess) and that's why they are also pursuing Valencia's Otamendi.

Chill out, mate. It makes no sense for United to get another young defender when they already have the likes of Evans, Jones and Smalling. What they need now is an experienced defender (whether he's good or not is another question I guess) and that's why they are also pursuing Valencia's Otamendi.

Evans is going to Everton tho I thought £18 mill.

I just dont understand why manure wouldn't just do it in part ex. But it does look like they got Otamendi for £35mill

Evans is going to Everton tho I thought £18 mill.

I just dont understand why manure wouldn't just do it in part ex. But it does look like they got Otamendi for £35mill

There were rumours about the move but I don't think there has been anything concrete about that.

No,Hummels wasn´t the best CB in Germany.Subotic was the best and Hummels always looked good because of Subotic who was in his prime.Sadly,Subotic had a serious injury and after that,he wasn´t the same.

After the injury of Subotic,the decline of Hummels started because there was no player near the level of Subotic,so Hummels started to look very bad.

I wouldn´t buy Hummels for more that 15 million euros because he is a big risk when it comes to defending.Yes,he has a good technique,he can score goals,but he is not a world class defender.He reminds me so much of Luiz,maybe he does not do that many mistakes,but the mistakes are there and in the PL,he will increase his mistakes because of the many good teams we have here.

They complimented each other. Hummels was good in the world cup as well. He's top class and if Chelsea offered 15m BVB wouldn't even bother responding.

People forgetting the two years Dortmund won the league, Hummels was top class and by far the best CB in Germany. In fact I'm sure people who are now describing him as whatever probably would've welcomed him here with open arms.

He is nowhere near Luiz in terms of stupidity and mistakes. Luiz has made numerous errors throughout the last 5 or 6 years of his career. Everyone makes mistakes, not like Hummels has played as bad as Luiz did v Germany or against Napoli under AVB or even against Barca in the CL last season? I've never seen a more naive central defender than Luiz in my life to be honest.

A bad season with Dortmund, a team plagued by injuries, and people forget how great he is. Damn shame.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You