John Stones

Sidzeret

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everton are apparently considering a bid for AC Milan centre-back Critial Zapata, while the People say Celtic defender Virgil Van Dijk is also being monitored ahead of a potential move.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/10/chelsea-cleared-to-seal-john-stones-transfer-with-everton-lining-up-bids-for-his-replacement-5335845/#ixzz3iRMDdGLa

everton are apparently considering a bid for AC Milan centre-back Critial Zapata, while the People say Celtic defender Virgil Van Dijk is also being monitored ahead of a potential move.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/10/chelsea-cleared-to-seal-john-stones-transfer-with-everton-lining-up-bids-for-his-replacement-5335845/#ixzz3iRMDdGLa

Metro? Cmon mate... :no:

There has been growing concern inside Goodison Park that Stones will ultimately be sold. (Telegraph) #CFCcfc.png #EFCefc.png

ChelsTransfer@ChelsTransfer 4m

Jose Mourinho is convinced Chelsea should push the boat out to land Stones in their bid to retain the Premier League title. (Telegraph) #CFCcfc.png

ChelsTransfer@ChelsTransfer 4m

Mourinho also knows that by waiting for another year #CFCcfc.png could face far more serious competition for Stones from #MCFCmcfc.png. (Telegraph) #EFCefc.png

It's unfair! Martinez angry that transfer window is still open after start of season as Chelsea prepare £30m bid for Stones.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez feels it is 'very unfair' that the summer's transfer window is open during the Barclays Premier League season.

Link. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3192748/Roberto-Martinez-slams-transfer-window-open-season-Monday-Night-Football-Chelsea-prepare-bid-30m-defender-John-Stones.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Martinez wants to reinvent the world...

I hate those cheap philosophers! Ross Barkley should be our next signing after John Stones to shut his mouth.

Regards.

It's unfair! Martinez angry that transfer window is still open after start of season as Chelsea prepare £30m bid for Stones.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez feels it is 'very unfair' that the summer's transfer window is open during the Barclays Premier League season.

Link. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3192748/Roberto-Martinez-slams-transfer-window-open-season-Monday-Night-Football-Chelsea-prepare-bid-30m-defender-John-Stones.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Martinez wants to reinvent the world...

I hate those cheap philosophers! Ross Barkley should be our next signing after John Stones to shut his mouth.

Regards.

marintez is becoming a rite pain in the hole now

Definitely. I mean you just know there are some fans waiting for Cahill to make a slip up this season so that is there cue to say we need to replace him. I was reading the John Terry thread and seen that were a few people who believed John Terry was not being given the respect he deserves. I feel the exact way about Cahill. This is a player who has won all 4 trophies with us and has played an instrumental part in us winning it. While Terry was standout last season it is so disrespectful when you get fans who don't give Cahill any credit. He is a top defender. He is prone to the odd mistake like all top CB. Just look at Koscileny yesterday. Probably his worst ever performance. Does that make him a defender that needs replacing? No it does not.

John Terry himself knows how key Cahill is in our team as he alluded to him as the best CB in England. Then you get people like Murphy who say Stones will take Cahill's place. Stones has got potential but I have no idea why people think he is automatically going to take Cahill's place. He eventually will be a top CB but talk about replacing one half of the top CB last season in the PL is unfair.

But yeah, while it will be nice to have Stones as in the future he will become one of the top CB around, we need to strengthen other areas of the team as we are lacking in squad depth.

I'll be first to admit that I was too hard on Gazza in that Crimbo period and maybe I was blaming him for failures of the RB to defend adequately.

I think ultimately at the end of next season (this season should be where we get a proper RB, not replacing JT) Jose will have to choose; extend JT's shelf life as a starting CB by playing the pacier Zouma next to him or drop him and play Zouma next to Cahill

I want Stones and Zouma to become starters. Let em make mistakes. Fuck it. Develop them cause we need better 1 on 1 centre backs for the future. And I want that future to be as early as next season.

What I'll give for this to happen....

Everton will regret not selling him for 20M never mind 34M. His price will never be higher I bet. Everton can say all they want but they've always been a selling club and always will.

I agree, said it before. If he stays, he will play one good season for them and then leave for something in between. On the other hand City and Utd will bid for him next season, too. The resulting bidding war will consolidate the price, but it won't be as high as 34m.

We are the only ones in it so far because we probably want him to be JT's successor and due to our lack of English players. But there are so many cheaper young CBs with similar quality: Umtiti, Tah, Jedvaj, romagnoli, ginter, rugani, jetro williams.

The dubbed 34m pounds are only about 1.25m shy of Aymeric Laporte's buy out clause (50m euro, 35,25m pounds) and I reckon he is a bit better than Stones already. That sort of crazy money would probably even tempt the madrid teams to sell Gimenez or Varane. Heck I guess we could sign any defender we want for that sort of money bar maybe Silva, Marquinhos and Boateng. Probably those 34m pounds are an exaggeration by the media anyway. The point is. We need a CB and we should sign one even if we miss out on Stones.

I agree, said it before. If he stays, he will play one good season for them and then leave for something in between. On the other hand City and Utd will bid for him next season, too. The resulting bidding war will consolidate the price, but it won't be as high as 34m.

We are the only ones in it so far because we probably want him to be JT's successor and due to our lack of English players. But there are so many cheaper young CBs with similar quality: Umtiti, Tah, Jedvaj, romagnoli, ginter, rugani, jetro williams.

The dubbed 34m pounds are only about 1.25m shy of Aymeric Laporte's buy out clause (50m euro, 35,25m pounds) and I reckon he is a bit better than Stones already. That sort of crazy money would probably even tempt the madrid teams to sell Gimenez or Varane. Heck I guess we could sign any defender we want for that sort of money bar maybe Silva, Marquinhos and Boateng. Probably those 34m pounds are an exaggeration by the media anyway. The point is. We need a CB and we should sign one even if we miss out on Stones.

Laporte is very promising. Typical French CB: tall, strong, athletic, good technically, confident coming out with the ball. I've not seen Umtiti since that year he scored the screamer against Spurs in the Europa League but like you've said a lot of other CBs out there. I don't know if it is just me but I'd really like to see us have a left footed CB play LCB when JT eventually comes out of the team on a regular basis.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You