John Stones

Sidzeret

Stones can take over Cahill's position and we would lose nothing B)

Cahill is better than Stones, by quite a margin.

OT, my issue with buying him is that young Andreas Christensen has hardly put a foot wrong for the club but yet the club is willing to terminate his career in favour of an overpriced prospect.

JT is good at least as a backup for 2-3 more seasons, and in that time, honestly I'd prefer to see him phased in rather than buying, subject to him doing well on his loan of course.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we would lose one of PL's best defenders for a decent CB who is being hyped foolishly on here.

Cahill for some reason is not rated here - I understand why (Zouma looks better not because of Cahill's failures but because his more athletic build can support JT more), and Stones is certainly not that good. And would suffer the same problem.

for me cahill is a donkey. and i refuse to accept an alternative assessment. im sorry. i have always disliked him since we were first linked. i don't see anything that he brings to the team, that we couldn't get from other defenders, defenders who wouldnt possess cahills weaknesses (in time anyway).

nothing would make me happier than cahill out the team. again i apologise to those who like him, but i cant stand him, in any way.

Yes because Arsenal spend £30M+ on talents... Not comparable at all.

they spent 16mil or something on chambers or something. could have got a much better CB to really improve their squad. and that is EXACTLY what we are doing. and for 30mil pounds (43mil euros), add about 7 more and you are in for a WC defender like varane/hummels.

they spent 16mil or something on chambers or something. could have got a much better CB to really improve their squad. and that is EXACTLY what we are doing. and for 30mil pounds (43mil euros), add about 7 more and you are in for a WC defender like varane/hummels.

Surprised you keep vying for Hummels when you absolutely hated David Luiz. He isn't a WC defender IMO (very good though).

There's no guarantee that Varane is available for 50m euros either. You're pulling figures from nowhere. Do Real even want to sell?

we would lose one of PL's best defenders for a decent CB who is being hyped foolishly on here.

If you believe Cahill is one of the PL's best defenders, fair enough

I think he's a limited defender who does well in Mourinho's system

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/chelsea-transfer-news-baba-rahman-deal-nears-completion-but-30m-bid-for-john-stones-could-be-a2474656.html

Chelsea are still confident they will also sign Everton defender John Stones, even though a third offer of £30m is likely to be rejected this week.

The club will keep trying until the window closes on September 2 and are considering offering a player on loan to convince Everton to agree a deal.

They used a similar tactic in their negotiations with Stoke over keeper Asmir Begovic, who joined for £8m with midfielder Marco van Ginkel going the other way.

Fucking hell, the club seem willing to pay a cat and mouse game with Everton. Just pay up already FFS!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

He is a limited defender - but the sad story is he is actually one of the best in PL. That's how poor the quality of defending is in this league.

Surprised you keep vying for Hummels when you absolutely hated David Luiz. He isn't a WC defender IMO (very good though).

There's no guarantee that Varane is available for 50m euros either. You're pulling figures from nowhere. Do Real even want to sell?

i am just spitballing here. but 50mil euros is a LOT OF MONEY. varane and jose have a good relationship. if we want a good defender, then we should be over paying for someone like that!!!! not for someone who in all honesty is barely any better than the 3 we currently have. scratch that, put iva in too. barely any better than the 4 currently we have.

hummels and luiz? just cos both are ball playing defenders? hummels is actually a great defender who along with defending has other good qualities. luiz is just LOL. concetration issues, defending issues, you name it, he has got it.

Wonder why other clubs haven't signed Hummels & Varane if it were as easy as DidierForever claims it is.

have we signed stones yet? has THIS been easy? oh definitely. i mean just a lot of mudslinging, name calling, bad publicity, our players saying that stones would a great addition. if we do half of the drama that we have gone thru with stones, as well as our willing to pay half as OTT for hummels, he would be here.

other clubs have not signed someone like hummels cos those that can pay 50mil euros, already have players in their squad.

bayern - badstubber, dante, boateng, martinez, benatia

rm - pepe, varane, ramos

barca- pique, masch, bartra, vermalean

city - kompany, demichellis, 32mil mangala, denayer plus they are busy revamping their attack with kdb, sterling (100mil pounds, spending another 40 on CB would be ridiculous).

psg - silva, luiz, marquinhos - combined their transfer fees can run the bottom half of la liga clubs,

the only teams with the slightest inclination to buy a CB are united and chelsea.

but we are busy spending 30mil pounds on stones who would cost more than the whole back 5 which conceded the least goals last season - (courtois - 6mil, iva - 9mil, gc - 7mil, jt - 0mil, azpi - 7mil. total 29mil).

We should stop fucking about and give them the £34 mill or we are going to be left high and dry.

Right now there is a shortage EVERYWHERE for GOOD defenders with quite a few top clubs needing various positions filled. Its definitely a sellers market right now.

At the mo we got manure desperate as we are looking for a good CB. With Everton looking more and more like they are resigned to losing Stones theyve seemingly got Johnny Evans for £18 mill so unless manure do a part ex for him which seems logical we need to get this sorted quick smart.

GC is one of the best defenders in PL.

JT, kompany, and? who? kos, who has about 5 forgetable games every season along with giving a penalty every 3rd/4th match? jones? smalling? who?

and since our manager is jose mourinho, even more reason to keep GC in the team (since he thrives under "mourinho's system"). why should we replace him with someone who clearly is not even as good as he is...

£30m+ is very different to £16m, and Chambers was originally a RB that can play CB. Like unsaid you really can't compare it.

Again I ask, how do you even know Varane would cost 50m?

£30m+ is very different to £16m, and Chambers was originally a RB that can play CB. Like unsaid you really can't compare it.

Again I ask, how do you even know Varane would cost 50m?

+ one thing about Varane - he's a good defender and people want him but have people actually thought that Real Madrid don't want to sell him and that's why we are having to look elsewhere? Otherwise, who wouldn't jump at the chance to sign him?!

How is he limited? What is Terry then? Cahill might not be world class but he is an all round quality defender. He can play, scores the odd goal (some good ones too), reads the game well. I don't see how he is a limited defender? He is no more limited than the majority of CB around. Cahill has so many quality games for us but he is always percieved to be as some sort of average CB when he is not.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You