John Stones

Sidzeret

Would anyone be surprised if it's not necessarily always Cahill who makes way in some games if Stones is brought in? I could see Terry being rested and a Stones/Cahill partnership against more mobile and athletic sides.

Can't see it, cannot see Mourinho touching that back line barring a long term injury/a complete disaster, just far too stubborn for me. I've just said that the two players we want in Stones and Baba will arrive to sit on the bench, so if the prices are a rough guideline then it's 45-50M for back ups.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see it, cannot see Mourinho touching that back line barring a long term injury/a complete disaster, just far too stubborn for me. I've just said that the two players we want in Stones and Baba will arrive to sit on the bench, so if the prices are a rough guideline then it's 45-50M for back ups.

John Terry is still a world class CB and it would not be him being dropped but I can see it. He is 34, going on 35 this year. Would we get the best out of him by rotating him maybe once in a while? I think, yes. Cahill and Stones are younger, more athletic and would not be surprised. I can see both CB being rotated if Stones comes in although it would be risky. But as good as Terry is, we have to remember he isn't getting any younger.

I just think that he'll have seen our level dip so much as the season went on and with the proper players he'll rotate more.

I have my doubts that Terry will be able to play 38 PL matches, a bunch of CL matches, plus every other competition again this season.

I think most of us who post here have a certain degree of confidence in our own judgement when it comes to top level football. Circumstance however means that few, if any, of us have ever had, or ever will have, the chance to put that judgement to the test. Jose of course has had the chance and it must be fair to say that he's done OK. I don't therefore think it's reasonable for any of us to characterise Jose as stubborn on those occasions when he chooses to back his own judgement. Whatever right any of us has to believe in our own opinions about football, Jose surely has that same right, multiplied a few times over.

Would anyone be surprised if it's not necessarily always Cahill who makes way in some games if Stones is brought in? I could see Terry being rested and a Stones/Cahill partnership against more mobile and athletic sides.

This. JT is getting up there in age and tbh i think stones/cahill could be solid for a few games. Of course Terry would still play the big games, but against smaller teams Mou could begin grooming Stones/Zouma for the future.

42m€, that's the cost of prime Thiago Silva in 2012.

We could land Arturo Vidal for that and improve the first XI infinitely.

Dunno, if we wait for Pogba/Koke kind of signing next summer due to theirs unavailability this time, then signing Stones now and be done with CB for years is a smart move, I'm all for that, but if we hamper our chances of strengthening in midfield by spending big here I think it's stupid. Having said that, doubt that's the case.

As Martinez said, they want to sign 3 new players by the end of the month and Bill Kenwright is really unwilling to make funds available (I read the last part on Everton page). They still pay up for Lukaku and selling Stones for big seems the way to have funds in this window - I'm confident we will sign Stones.

42m€, that's the cost of prime Thiago Silva in 2012.

We could land Arturo Vidal for that and improve the first XI infinitely.

Dunno, if we wait for Pogba/Koke kind of signing next summer due to theirs unavailability this time, then signing Stones now and be done with CB for years is a smart move, I'm all for that, but if we hamper our chances of strengthening in midfield by spending big here I think it's stupid. Having said that, doubt that's the case.

As Martinez said, they want to sign 3 new players by the end of the month and Bill Kenwright is really unwilling to make funds available (I read the last part on Everton page). They still pay up for Lukaku and selling Stones for big seems the way to have funds in this window - I'm confident we will sign Stones.

CB is going to have to be improved eventually. And with the lack of top cb's it will probably cost more than 42m.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You