John Stones

Sidzeret

Dont think so , stones has more good performances to his name , but none (as far as i know) , as dominant as zouma vs wc players.

He's looked more physically imposing I think, but that's about it. He gives away a lot of fouls and his passing leaves a lot to be desired. I would be very surprised if Mourinho chose Zouma to partner Terry or Cahill over Stones should he sign. Besides, given the age of Terry and Cahill, Mourinho probably has his eye on a future Zouma/Stones partnership anyway. Personally I think though that Chelsea will not compromise their position on getting value for money, and will end up losing him to United, assuming they need him come the end of the window.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats quite impossible. Javi Martinez cost 40m euros and he was better at that time. Benatia cost Bayern less than 25m pounds. Vidal cost bayern less than 30m pounds.

Costa was less than 40m for us and he was Atletico best player that year. I dont think they would get 40m plus for Gimenez. Even if asking price was higher, he would eventualy be sold for less. And even that said, Gimenez is twice the player Stones is right now anyway.

But like I said Gimenez or other top CB. You dont need to spend that much for top cb, Benatia proves that. Neither you need to spend that much for young cb. Zouma, Varane prove that.

Finaly, look at this. Benatia cost 23m, Vidal cost 28m, Zouma cost 12m, etc. Yet you would spend 30m on Stones? Ok mate.

Stones for 30m is ridiculous. He wont improve us. He wont be starter in big games. He isnt experienced. First season he become regular at everton and they finished in bottom part of Epl. He has no CL experience. And we already have Zouma. Yeah 30m for 20 yrs old english Cb makes perfect sense.

In what sense is Gimenez twice better than Stones?

What is gimenez release clause? Bayern get ridiculous bargains, but Gimenez would cost a lot. Atletico are doing well and are a euro power now so they don't need to sell. Not to mention Gimenez is a starter now. He would cost a fortune.

I only found his clause from summer 2014 which was 20m. But I think he signed new contract since.

In what sense is Gimenez twice better than Stones?

In football sense. I saw both and to me Gimenez is better. Quite alot better. Already established in top club, and puts a great performances there. Same in uruguay nt.

He is more complete and reliable, has a warrior mentality and goes on every ball. Not as good as Stones with the ball at his feet, but better in everything else tbh. Tackling, positioning, heading, mentality (quite agressive for a Cb, but not too much, which I like).

Thats just my opinion from what I saw. I wouldnt pay 30m for either, but if I had to it would be Gimenez for all football reasons and Stones for his nationality.

The funny thing is, we can actually spend 30-35m on Stones and still buy 1-2 top quality midfielders but we're handicapping ourselves because the board likes profit so much all of a sudden and has decided to be stingy with the money. It's like we have suddenly appointed Wenger to be our financial adviser.

The funny thing is, we can actually spend 30-35m on Stones and still buy 1-2 top quality midfielders but we're handicapping ourselves because the board likes profit so much all of a sudden and has decided to be stingy with the money. It's like we have suddenly appointed Wenger to be our financial adviser.

Remember how excited we all were here when it was estimated that we could easily spend £130m or something a few months back? And that was apparently a conservative estimate.

All that money from winning the league, all that new Yokohama & Adidas money, and the incomprehensible new TV money about to kick in and we NOW choose to be frugal with our money.

I think internally José is fuming with the lack of business and that if it were all up to him we'd have a handful of new players.

He's looked more physically imposing I think, but that's about it. He gives away a lot of fouls and his passing leaves a lot to be desired. I would be very surprised if Mourinho chose Zouma to partner Terry or Cahill over Stones should he sign. Besides, given the age of Terry and Cahill, Mourinho probably has his eye on a future Zouma/Stones partnership anyway. Personally I think though that Chelsea will not compromise their position on getting value for money, and will end up losing him to United, assuming they need him come the end of the window.

I can't remember zoumas passing putting us in trouble. And he actually played some decent crossfield ball's , he looks like someone who can't pass , but he can, kind of. Wouldn't have coped in midfield otherwise

Our board wants Profit

Arsenal Played like chelsea

e2016813-6d2e-45ee-a4bf-1c86a3c3d496.jpg

Remember how excited we all were here when it was estimated that we could easily spend £130m or something a few months back? And that was apparently a conservative estimate.

All that money from winning the league, all that new Yokohama & Adidas money, and the incomprehensible new TV money about to kick in and we NOW choose to be frugal with our money.

I think internally José is fuming with the lack of business and that if it were all up to him we'd have a handful of new players.

And we also seem to be afraid of the FFP for whatever reason. We are nowhere near breaching any of the rules and it's even more infuriating that we are scared when the likes of PSG, United, City have made a mockery of it.

And we also seem to be afraid of the FFP for whatever reason. We are nowhere near breaching any of the rules and it's even more infuriating that we are scared when the likes of PSG, United, City have made a mockery of it.

This is what makes me the most mad. We're acting like a small club with this sell in order to buy policy.

It's well and good to have a small squad but only if the backup players are adequate replacements for the starters. We have a small squad and the quality between the starters and backups is a chasm in some areas.

It would be disastrous if Matic or Cesc went down injured for a long spell. This has been known for ages and yet we're content with Ramires and Mikel who are light years from Matic and Cesc in terms of quality. We still have only a couple of reliable sources for goals. And one of them is now injured for who knows how long.

I think the team as currently constituted can easily hold its own in the PL. Think we'd get destroyed by the best 3-4 sides in Europe though.

It can't be it

Reckon we are using FFP rules as an excuse, but they are not the cause of our lack of movement in the window.

It can't be it

Reckon we are using FFP rules as an excuse, but they are not the cause of our lack of movement in the window.

It's not an excuse. It's a factor for our lack of transfer activity. Ever since the FFP came out, the club have been keen on complying to the rules, controlling our spending, which is fair but it has gotten till the point of handicapping ourselves.

It's not an excuse. It's a factor for our lack of transfer activity. Ever since the FFP came out, the club have been keen on complying to the rules, controlling our spending, which is fair but it has gotten till the point of handicapping ourselves.

True but my point is do we choose to comply to them because we believe they are going be enforced - evidence says otherwise - or because it just happens to be the way we roll anyway so Jose moans about all other clubs who ignore the rules.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You