John Stones

Sidzeret

Agree with Gilvorak. Either he hands in a transfer request or I doubt we'll be able to get him.

He seems a more respectful and low key guy than Sterling for example. I'm not sure he's the type that'll kick up a huge fuss and make his situation untenable.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see Chelsea take that next step up and join the truly elite sides. It's seems that we've instead gone the conservative "we're good enough already" route. We've seen this approach fail just within the past few years.

I might quote this in every thread i go into.

I'm a big fan of stones and I will love him here absolutely however as time passes by, the lack of quality and depth in our central midfield and key attacking area becomes apparent and is more of a priority than buying another centre back. Will Stones improve our performance/result in Europe this season or next? I doubt it but a proper CM next to Matic (Fabregas is useless in big games, we need a technically gifted and energetic CM that can also retain possession well under pressure. Mikel isn't good enough and ramires is a wrong fit) and a genuine goal threat on the left wing will.

I'm a big fan of stones and I will love him here absolutely however as time passes by, the lack of quality and depth in our central midfield and key attacking area becomes apparent and is more of a priority than buying another centre back. Will Stones improve our performance/result in Europe this season or next? I doubt it but a proper CM next to Matic (Fabregas is useless in big games, we need a technically gifted and energetic CM that can also retain possession well under pressure. Mikel isn't good enough and ramires is a wrong fit) and a genuine goal threat on the left wing will.

This is all true, but José doesn't seem to agree. I think he'd upgrade the AM position if he could move Cuadrado but he seems totally satisfied with Mikel and Ramires. Mind boggling in truth.

A midfield two with Matic and Cesc will be good enough to destroy most teams in the PL as we saw last season, but when we play top teams like City, Arsenal, United or any good team in the CL it isn't good enough. We then toss Ramires in there and stifle ourselves because Cesc then has to move up the pitch and Ramires is a poor footballer. How we can all see this but the club can't is puzzling.

Buying Stones isn't a priority now, true, but we should do everything we can to secure him now before he's either priced out or one of rivals chase him.

for condemning us to another season of passive defenders, or witholding one of englands best talents from us?

i did not see anything wrong with our CBs yesterday.

the GC who is said to be nothing more than a moronic, cant play outside his box defender, owned walcott and cazorla and all those speedy, technically superior player. oh wait!!! are we still hungover over that one spurs match or a couple of matches 8 months ago that GC was poor in. hmmm..

our midfield on the other hand is a different issue altogether.

england's best talent... LOL. its really shocking how quickly england's best talents change every year 6 months. i mean it was barkley at one point, now he is just another run of the mill player. jones and smalling were the next beckenbaeur and nesta, now united wanted a revamp in defence. so i wont worry if we dont get an overrated 21 year old "good" CB for an outrageous 30+mil fee specially if we reinvest it on a CM like witsel. and before you say why would jose go for a CM, the same thing happened when we went after rooney. when we did not get him, we ended getting willian who is one of our main players currently.

so i would rather wait till the last moment in the hope of us signing a CM than a player for an outrageous fee who we currently dont need.

Think I recall 3 times yesterday when Courtois had to run out and make a brilliant 1v1 save. Can't remember if Cahill was at fault for any of them.

Wouldn't say our CB's "owned" them but they didn't play poorly at all.

That guy would cost 40m+.

Thats quite impossible. Javi Martinez cost 40m euros and he was better at that time. Benatia cost Bayern less than 25m pounds. Vidal cost bayern less than 30m pounds.

Costa was less than 40m for us and he was Atletico best player that year. I dont think they would get 40m plus for Gimenez. Even if asking price was higher, he would eventualy be sold for less. And even that said, Gimenez is twice the player Stones is right now anyway.

But like I said Gimenez or other top CB. You dont need to spend that much for top cb, Benatia proves that. Neither you need to spend that much for young cb. Zouma, Varane prove that.

Finaly, look at this. Benatia cost 23m, Vidal cost 28m, Zouma cost 12m, etc. Yet you would spend 30m on Stones? Ok mate.

Stones for 30m is ridiculous. He wont improve us. He wont be starter in big games. He isnt experienced. First season he become regular at everton and they finished in bottom part of Epl. He has no CL experience. And we already have Zouma. Yeah 30m for 20 yrs old english Cb makes perfect sense.

Thats quite impossible. Javi Martinez cost 40m euros and he was better at that time. Benatia cost Bayern less than 25m pounds. Vidal cost bayern less than 30m pounds.

Costa was less than 40m for us and he was Atletico best player that year. I dont think they would get 40m plus for Gimenez. Even if asking price was higher, he would eventualy be sold for less. And even that said, Gimenez is twice the player Stones is right now anyway.

But like I said Gimenez or other top CB. You dont need to spend that much for top cb, Benatia proves that. Neither you need to spend that much for young cb. Zouma, Varane prove that.

Finaly, look at this. Benatia cost 23m, Vidal cost 28m, Zouma cost 12m, etc. Yet you would spend 30m on Stones? Ok mate.

Stones for 30m is ridiculous. He wont improve us. He wont be starter in big games. He isnt experienced. First season he become regular at everton and they finished in bottom part of Epl. He has no CL experience. And we already have Zouma. Yeah 30m for 20 yrs old english Cb makes perfect sense.

What is gimenez release clause? Bayern get ridiculous bargains, but Gimenez would cost a lot. Atletico are doing well and are a euro power now so they don't need to sell. Not to mention Gimenez is a starter now. He would cost a fortune.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You